Difference between ATX Full Tower and Mid Tower ATX Cases

Hi,

Are there any functional benefit of the ATX Full Tower over the ATX Mid Tower Cases?

I currently have a Phantek Enthoo Pro Case in my 2015 build, but due to my current issues with the Desktop, I'm thinking about starting to invest in a new build. I can't upgrade my CPU anymore without getting a new board anyways.

I am not tech savy at all (my friend helped build the computer back in 2015), and replacing my GPU (Power Color Red Devil 5700 xt)  itself was quite an ordeal with my skill level.

So I am not sure for my next build if the Full Tower would be better for me as it gives more room to work with (and probably fit GPU?)? Does Midsize tower have substantially less space for  drives and such?

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I mean there isn't really any reason to build a full tower these days it's just too big and bulky. You really wouldn't need space for more than 2 hard drives anyway so it's pretty pointless to get a full tower. What are your current specs? A 5700xt is a quite powerful graphics card, and if you are not having any real problems besides a system clock that's not working properly (which is quite easy to fix, just buy a new $1 CMOS battery), then there isn't any reason to upgrade unless your CPU is holding you back in games.

My main issue wasn't the system clock. It was the screen randomly losing signal (giving me sudden black screens). I noticed system clock later on.

I already contacted Amazon for a replacement card (which was new). Changed CMOS battery, DDU the display driver, and changed PCI slot. but the issue persist. 

So I am starting to plan my next build and wanted to know if there were any advantages of full tower vs Mid tower (and vice versa) except the larger size and bulk.

Even if you build a new PC you can just reuse your case, it's not like there was any significant improvements in cases anyway. Regarding the benefits of Full tower, it's mostly size, so it's often easier to build and modify and have more space for long GPUs, water cooling, drives and other things.

16 hours ago, wha2les said:

So I am starting to plan my next build and wanted to know if there were any advantages of full tower vs Mid tower (and vice versa) except the larger size and bulk.

Truthfully no. Some people prefer it because it's "easier to build in" but I've built in a Full Tower (Level 10 GT) and a compact mid tower (define C) and the smaller case was easier to build in because it was designed better. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25