Ideal frame rates

Johnny-Boi
3 minutes ago, Johnny-Boi said:

i feel like no game should be like that, and it's indirectly pay to win, because people who payed more for a more for day an 2080 Ti, and 3900X would have an unfair advantage over other players. the devs should absolutely fix that. also about your prior comment, i was asking about how it feels, not the competitive advantage.

oh i guess in other games i can live without it but it just make things feel more responsive

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's an MMORPG with action combat.

yes

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

oh i guess in other games i can live without it but it just make things feel more responsive

yes

Just extremely rare for someone to describe below 120fps as unplayable and not be talking about a high-level competitive shooter, but since you couldn't pay me to play Black Desert Online, I don't know about it lol.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Just extremely rare for someone to describe below 120fps as unplayable and not be talking about a high-level competitive shooter, but since you couldn't pay me to play Black Desert Online, I don't know about it lol.

i think this video will help explain why Kappa

With a big "depends on the game", for a moderate action game I'd say around 50fps+ with G-sync is my minimum smoothness zone. I don't feel any benefit to me beyond around 90fps or so, at least not in the games I play. I'd consider my sweet spot to be around 75-85fps. Even if the game and my hardware is capable of running higher than that, I'd often limit it just to reduce the load on the GPU and keep heat and noise down.

For a low action game (Cities Skylines) I can play easily down to 30fps lows with G-sync without it feeling unsmooth.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible