Project H2Orange

davido_labido
Well, i can honestly say, today im very happy!!!

Ive been nominated on Bit-Tech for mod of the month (and im currently winning!!!!!!)

8rq6IZw.png

i was going to do a bit of a give-away anyway, but now now i definitely am, il probably do it after the voting finishes if i come first, i think i might feel rather generous lol

Il have to see what i can get hold of, but i know i have a few XSPC T-shirts here , i think i have a game or two around here somewhere too which il give away!

If you are a member over at bit-tech, please do place a vote for your favorite computer here:  

(hopefully it will be mine haha :D)

Thanks!

an update!! wooohooo!

Well, with my computer being nominated for mod of the month over at bit-tech (vote for me here please!!!  ) i thought id best actually do some modding!

A massive thanks to 

CY2xwXs.png

for sponsoring the sleeving for this build! For those who dont know, E22 is in partnership with Lurto0 customs who sells teleios sleeving.

i wanted teleios sleeving.

there is no orange teleios sleeving.

lets mod some sleeving!!

So, this is half of the sleeving i was sent from E22.Biz i have more white too... i want this orange though..

Ti7QCKal.jpg

This is where Stuart from Kemtex.co.uk came in. I emailed Stuart a few times as id seen somebody dye sleeving before, but every attempt i tried had failed.

Stuart is a expert in dyes and after a few emails, i rang him. He was very interested in what i was doing and actually told me that the stuff i was ordering was far beyond my needs and he turned down a £25+ order, in the end all i needed was this

GCOGquBl.jpg

and he actually supplied it to me for free as he was interested in whether it would work or not.

So, i got a pan of hot water and put it on the hob (notice the stains, this wasnt my first attempt lol)

sCOErDXl.jpg

Then added around half of the 25g bag of dye.

PK0umdpl.jpg

I gave it a stir (do you think i could be a hand model?) (Parvum, valkia, anderp.... no taking the mick -.- )

GESssLSl.jpg

Grabbed the sleeving and started to put it in!

7emhf9gl.jpg

o3ID91Tl.jpg

Try and get all the sleeving underwater, make sure you stir often and also turn it over as much as you can

koA3FTKl.jpg

after around 10 minutes

yj4Y5iGl.jpg

after around 20 minutes

lNl4QLel.jpg

after around 30 minutes

Vn3GQG2l.jpg

the colour the sleeveing is in the pan isnt the same as what you will get in the end, you MUST wash off the dye, this does take a lot of colour away from the sleeving, this is what i got in the end:

A7MlrCcl.jpg

Some nicer shots:

o8ogbHRl.jpg

5K1t25Nl.jpg

4aCmBrkl.jpg

So, once id done this i thought i best actually sleeve something...

24 pin:

f7uhFLJl.jpg

8 pin:

LdFDkRdl.jpg

6 pin pci-e to 2 6 pin pci-e 

bhEhjAll.jpg

Group photo:

wz1OLBFl.jpg

I have got 2 more of the pci-e sets obviously for my other 2 cards, but i didnt want to over crowd the photos lol.

Once again, a massive thanks to E22.biz and also Kemtex.co.uk If you want sleeving or dye, please give either of them a visit!

Group photo:

wz1OLBFl.jpg

I have got 2 more of the pci-e sets obviously for my other 2 cards, but i didnt want to over crowd the photos lol.

Once again, a massive thanks to E22.biz and also Kemtex.co.uk If you want sleeving or dye, please give either of them a visit!

how to stay cheap and only buy 1 colour sleeve.  ;)

how to stay cheap and only buy 1 colour sleeve.  ;)

Sometimes its not all about the money huh?! 

:D

Good job with the dyeing!

great work on the custom dye job :wub:

looks great :)

Good job with the dyeing!

Thanks guys, im actually really happy with how its turned out! When i do the final shots il make sure i get some of the sleeving!!!

This MOTM nomination has given me a kick up the backside and get things done which ive been saying ive been wanting to get finished for months. Today i started doing the LED's for the GPU's, CPU and RAM blocks.

Im only going to show the GPU ones as the RAM and CPU are still being made at the moment, i also dont want to spoil the final shots of this build as it really is starting to come together now!!

so, I got an LED and a resistor (the resistor im using is a ltitle lower than i need as i want it to be as bright as possible without actually blowing the LEDs, i will be adding 3 or 4 leds to this array. so this should be fine... hopefully.

im not the best solderer in the world, but this is how i do it: hold the LED and Resistor together with the croc clips, add a little bit of flux.

Vwk4MNAl.jpg

tin both the resistor and the LED (i couldnt really get a good photo of this as my hands were full lol, i tried to get some timed shots but my arms were in the way... BOOOO!

after, hold the solder iron with and solder next to the two tinned wires and just tap the the 2 wires and solder to form the completed joint.

EelZVfMl.jpg

after doing as many as i needed, i made sure all exposed wire was hidden under some small heatshrink. crimped the wires with some ATX pins and then put them in a 2 pin connector to make sure everything is as safe as possible.

ThcD7lKl.jpg

I then put these into the XSPC blocks, the XSPC blocks have holes for 3mm LEDs, they can sometimes be a bit loose, so i will be using a dab of glue from my trustee glue gun to make sure these stay in place when in transit (i go to LANS etc, usually you wont really need to make sure they are so secure!)

8301PQEl.jpg

Then i turned them on :

QxU6INKl.jpg

A0VzmQLl.jpg

Im really happy with these!!!

A few thank yous now.

A massive thanks to Tealc (Tony) for supplying me with everything i needed to do these, all i actually needed to buy were the LEDs which i already had. it saved me buying a load of stuff. He also helped me to understand a way to power everything i will need easily! THANKS!!

Also a big thanks to Confused (Garry) for spending the day around my house yesterday! we got a lot of things done that id already done, but not properly, he re sprayed my reservoirs and pumps, he helped to get all 10 fans running properly and sorted out the cable management, we drained the loop, we mounted the SSDS (which look awesome) and just did a load of little bits that we needed doing. He also decided to smash my loop draining bowl by knocking the computer over on it ;):P Cheers!!! haha

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

GOD i LOVE the xspc waterblocks!!!

one question though, how many led's can you put in one block?

Edited by MarQue98

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

GOD i LOVE the xspc waterblocks!!!

one question though, how many led's can you put in one block?

my 770 block got 2 holes and they gave me 2 LEDs. but they are just simply holes drilled into the "edge" of the acrylic part of the block. I think you could drill/put in more if you want. but maybe the hole needs to be polished or something.

Yeah, they have 2 holes per block, you could in theory add more, but i personally wouldn't recommend it unless you are 100% sure of what you are dong. there is a potential to split the acrylic of the blocks if you dont get it right!

Yeah, they have 2 holes per block, you could in theory add more, but i personally wouldn't recommend it unless you are 100% sure of what you are dong. there is a potential to split the acrylic of the blocks if you dont get it right!

And have that nice coolant spray everywhere. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

a small update! 

just to show the following:

Cable management around the back! (someone asked about it along with what PSU i was using)

ROWUeAVl.jpg

9CXO9eHl.jpg

FXDzilml.jpg

To show how the wires look now that they are installed (i still need to spend some time tidying the GPU cables mind (ignore the fluid, im just in the process clearing the loop a bit before i go i52 in august, i will soon have Mayhems aurora back in it!!!)

WcugfJkl.jpg

LNYh9PNl.jpg

To show where the SSDs are mounted

3N9hBEbl.jpg

and finally, a quick overview of it

YGY8kuHl.jpg

still got plenty to do! but its all started to comet together now!!

My back panel has been sent off, im having that jazzed up by a friend of mine, so i think that will probably be my next update! Im also in the process of getting the touch screen to work with my raspberry pi that ive tucked away in the front of the case. Im not great with linux though, so i really am struggling! hopefully, il get the drivers installed one day and get it all working lol!

Ooooh, yeah. Looking awesoooome.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

simply amazing job. i love it.

If it goes missing from your home at random. Please, do not blaim me.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

wow why did you painted your motherboard you could 3d print a plate. Hopefully it will run without fails :D awesome build btw