Airpods Pro vs Sony wf-1000xm3

Kira0666

I'm looking to get some noise-cancelling true wireless earbuds before this semester of uni. Does anyone know how these compare as far as sound quality goes?

cant speak about the airpods but the sony are pretty great

i believe linus has a video also

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Sony are considerably better.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

23 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Sony are considerably better.

only thing maybe is that i would like them to be louder and/or have more bass but for what they are i cant really compare them to having my usual earbuds hooked up to a headphone amp obviously.

also i have had people tell me that the background noise was quite loud when calling. so they seem to not filter that out very well and i cant find any settings for that so idk. but for me as a user i like them alot. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

What about Sony WH XM3 over-ears?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 7/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, Kira0666 said:

I'm looking to get some noise-cancelling true wireless earbuds before this semester of uni. Does anyone know how these compare as far as sound quality goes?

out of the 2 I prefer the xm3 but if you run iphone the pros become a hotter contender due to implementation with the OS. th exm3's sound to me is a slight step above the pros has better details and for someonw that listens to a lot of hip hop more bass and better treble reproduction. the airpod pros sound like they have weaker cheaper sounding drivers but is compensated by pretty well done DSP. DSP is software the eq's the drivers to compensate for the shape of your ears.   the ANC performs about the same for the 2. comfort is about the same as well

On 7/3/2020 at 9:58 AM, CTR640 said:

What about Sony WH XM3 over-ears?

Already have a pair of those. I keep them at home though

On 7/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, rice guru said:

out of the 2 I prefer the xm3 but if you run iphone the pros become a hotter contender due to implementation with the OS. th exm3's sound to me is a slight step above the pros has better details and for someonw that listens to a lot of hip hop more bass and better treble reproduction. the airpod pros sound like they have weaker cheaper sounding drivers but is compensated by pretty well done DSP. DSP is software the eq's the drivers to compensate for the shape of your ears.   the ANC performs about the same for the 2. comfort is about the same as well

Thanks, I'm on Android so I'll probably go with the xm3.

4 hours ago, Kira0666 said:

Already have a pair of those. I keep them at home though

Why do you keep them at home? It's pretty much waste of money imho. 

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Why do you keep them at home? It's pretty much waste of money imho. 

I just use them more at home. Also I'm not a huge fan of over-ear headphones in public

10 hours ago, Kira0666 said:

I just use them more at home. Also I'm not a huge fan of over-ear headphones in public

Ah yes, people will think you're not antisocial?

I wanted the WF-XM3 really bad but was afraid of having them or one fall out of my ears.

DAC/AMPs: