New motherboard

Im looking for an upgrade for my motherboard and Im wondering which motherboard is better the B450 Tomahawk Max or B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC. Im also looking at the Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to see if thats good also 

If you're looking to upgrade now you might as well get a B550 board.

If it's strictly between those two, get the Tomahawk Max.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 minutes ago, Mrblock12 said:

at the Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to see if thats good also 

Over priced and does not bring much to the table 

9 minutes ago, Mrblock12 said:

Tomahawk Max or B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

How about the mortar max ? 

Those are good options as well

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Today (16th June) is embargo lift day for B550 testing, so hold fire for a few more days

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, Mrblock12 said:

Im looking for an upgrade for my motherboard and Im wondering which motherboard is better the B450 Tomahawk Max or B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC. Im also looking at the Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to see if thats good also 

Get a B550 Pro4

Go for the B550 Tomahawk and you'll be happy later that you spend a few bucks more. If you need something NOW, i can easily recommend the B450 Tomahawk Max as i use it myself without any issues. Even with non-QVL RAM and a 3700X. 

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get a B550 Pro4

do you know the difference between MSI B550-A PRO and the B550 Pro4

2 minutes ago, Mrblock12 said:

do you know the difference between MSI B550-A PRO and the B550 Pro4

The Pro4 is much more likely to have a functioning bios. MSI took two whole years before they got semi decent BIOSes on their AM4 boards. But that's the result when their entire firmware department consists of one person

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The Pro4 is much more likely to have a functioning bios. MSI took two whole years before they got semi decent BIOSes on their AM4 boards. But that's the result when their entire firmware department consists of one person

i think i would get the MSI B550-A pro because it more matches my black colour scheme 

26 minutes ago, Mrblock12 said:

i think i would get the MSI B550-A pro because it more matches my black colour scheme 

There's a real risk of the B550 A Pro being basically unusable for a whole year due to BIOS issues. MSI products are very iffy with firmware stability so I would not recommend buying a potentially unstable or dysfunctional product because it looks good. By that logic, you might as well buy a dead board and spend all day looking at it instead of using it.

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

There's a real risk of the B550 A Pro being basically unusable for a whole year due to BIOS issues. MSI products are very iffy with firmware stability so I would not recommend buying a potentially unstable or dysfunctional product because it looks good. By that logic, you might as well buy a dead board and spend all day looking at it instead of using it.

well in that case i guess the pro4 is just $20 more so i might as well get that