Ryzen 7 2700x oven

So i ran an aida 64 extreme (fpu) stress test to my aio cooled 4.35ghz ryzen 7 2700x, and i got these temps, is there something to worry about?

DEAB7EC0-DFAB-45DF-AC15-CA5FEB7383D5.jpeg

your voltages are to high for 24/7 usage... you need to back it down a bit. I wouldn't go above 1.35v for 24/7 operations with the Zen + architecture. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Without seeing the graph of temperature with respect to time, I'm only speculating.  However, it could be one of two things:

• Your AIO isn't mounted correctly, i.e. not enough pressure or unevenly mounted;
  • Your AIO is too small and can't dissipate the heat generated by your CPU.

It could also be a combination of the two, potentially exacerbated by not enough/too much low quality thermal paste, but at this stage I'm thinking it's more likely the former (AIO is not mounted correctly.)

6 minutes ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

Without seeing the graph of temperature with respect to time, I'm only speculating.  However, it could be one of two things:

• Your AIO isn't mounted correctly, i.e. not enough pressure or unevenly mounted;
  • Your AIO is too small and can't dissipate the heat generated by your CPU.

It could also be a combination of the two, potentially exacerbated by not enough/too much low quality thermal paste, but at this stage I'm thinking it's more likely the former (AIO is not mounted correctly.)

Aio is intake and the back in exhaust  

741126FF-18C7-4BEC-B9E5-3FAAA4CE8A9D.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

your voltages are to high for 24/7 usage... you need to back it down a bit. I wouldn't go above 1.35v for 24/7 operations with the Zen + architecture. 

my voltage is at 1.4375

Just now, boggy77 said:

too high voltage, case with shit airflow.

i'm surprise it didn't shut down with those temps.

^ this 

In terms of temps I don't see anything wrong really but that voltage is really high 

I'm surprised the board  is still living 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Aio is intake and the back in exhaust  
~snip~

My apologies, I should have specified in my post that I think the AIO is not making sufficient contact to the CPU (also other people have mentioned voltage as a contributing factor).

Also, in order to overcome the case's front intake you may need to adjust the fan curve at the expense of acoustics or reduce your overclock.

21 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

^ this 

In terms of temps I don't see anything wrong really but that voltage is really high 

I'm surprised the board  is still living 

Well I’ve seen people go 1.45 and were fine, but yeah it’s pretty high, I’m gonna go back to 1.35 with lower oc

Just now, HairyPotter said:

Well I’ve seen people go 1.45 and were fine

For long ? It's absolutely not a good idea 

Just now, HairyPotter said:

but yeah it’s pretty high, I’m gonna go back to 1.35 with lower oc

1.325 should be even better

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

For long ? It's absolutely not a good idea 

1.325 should be even better

What ghz do you recommend with 1.325?

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

What ghz do you recommend with 1.325?

As far as you can get to 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

As far as you can get to 

Alright did the aida 64 test on fpu but this time 4ghz at 1.325v and temps maxed out at 87c according to hwinfo

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

and temps maxed out at 87c according to hwinfo

Way better at the very least

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Just upped it to 4.2ghz same results and temps

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Do you think if i change the thermal paste to something premium i would see better temps than the stock thermal paste from corsair?

Remember 1 gen and 2 gen ryzen max voltage is 1.425v dont put more in it.

If you cant get i with that voltage more wont do much.

3 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

Just upped it to 4.2ghz same results and temps

if it's stable at 4.2ghz with 1.325v and 87C, I think that's a win and you can't really push it more.

42 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if it's stable at 4.2ghz with 1.325v and 87C, I think that's a win and you can't really push it more.

Well it did crash eventually, i upped it to 1.35 and same results just the higher viltage

It's been a minute, but from what I remember folks felt 1.4V to be 24/7 safe for Ryzen 2000.  Going a little above that should be ok with adequate cooling.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

If you're gonna back-off the CPU voltage and multiplier you could recover some of the performance by tuning the tRFC.  Have you already tuned your RAM?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 hours ago, nick name said:

If you're gonna back-off the CPU voltage and multiplier you could recover some of the performance by tuning the tRFC.  Have you already tuned your RAM?

Yes my ram is 3200mhz ocd to 3466

Hi! I have this chip also. The AIO is garbage and you've wasted your cash on it. I'm sorry for that information.

The very best thing to do is clear cmos on this setup and run it stock.

The all core boosts should be 3.9ghz with decent average thermals or 3.8ghz if thermals are a little higher.

Single core XFR should be hitting 4350mhz respectively. 

If you're overclocking and reaching these temps the chip is throttling any ways and the overclock then becomes pointless. 

Believe it or not, the stock cooler should have no troubles with this processor. Better case Delta is desired (ambient inside case temps).

Have any questions, tag me. Help you out. But clear cmos and check your thermals at stock.