Here to make an impression - AMD to release integrated graphics desktop APU in July

williamcll
7 hours ago, justpoet said:

R7 4700G could be interesting as an HTPC that also acts as a smart home automation hub.  Do it all in one system without bogging things down.

Problem is most home automation apps don't support multithreading.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

45 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Problem is most home automation apps don't support multithreading.

That's fine.  They wouldn't be impacted by running on the same thing as the HTPC, which could also do transcoding and video storage and similar other work all at the same time, without being loud while being used as an HT at the same time.

Honestly, while the gains from a monolithic design in terms of latency and bandwidth to the GPU is better than MCM I'm still waiting to see a Ryzen desktop chip with an 8core ccd and a navi CCD. I imagine at 5nm, they could do something like a navi die in the entire area that the IO die took up plus the blank PCB area around the IO die so like half the CPU package in terms of area. And then have a CCD sized 7nm IO die with a 5nm 8core CCD. Or at least give us something like an XSX APU (Which should be coming soon), just something better than an OC'd 15-35W laptop part.

Spoiler

image.png.8aeae6d4dde4e928f22c5b0fc66d0d15.png

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

But can they run Crysis?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

• 1 month later...

So are these actually coming out or was this a bait my AMD. I can only find it being announced for OEM. Anyone have access to one that they want to sell to me :)?

33 minutes ago, rand_althor_cometh said:

So are these actually coming out or was this a bait my AMD. I can only find it being announced for OEM. Anyone have access to one that they want to sell to me :)?

This is what I want to know. The 4700G would be a nice upgrade for my 2200g plex server. 

What's the reason for sticking with Vega CU? What's the problem with having Navi as the iGPU?