Whats a normal FPS in CSGO for what I have?

StunnaFan

I play on all max settings at 1440p with a 2080 super and AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  and depending on the map I get in the 200s or 300s for Fps. On dust II its lower though. Is this normal?

Sounds about right.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

there is always a bit of variance with the FPS according to what map you play... on my old laptop i just played Office because it ran the best at the time 

Ive heard someone getting 600 with worse specs than me

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

there is always a bit of variance with the FPS according to what map you play... on my old laptop i just played Office because it ran the best at the time 

So im good? Someone with worse specs than me said they can get up to 600.

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Sounds about right.

So im good? someone with worse specs than me said they got 600 fps.

5 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

So im good? someone with worse specs than me said they got 600 fps.

Yeah I'd say you're good.  They probably play with much lower settings and bumped those numbers up themselves at least a little bit to sound a little more impressive. It also depends on the map.

For example, my framerate can vary from 300ish to 500-600, depending on the map and where I am on said map, and that's at 1920x1440, lowest settings except for textures and shaders on High and 2x MSAA iirc. At 2560x1440 I get about the same performance as CS:GO is mostly CPU bound.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

2 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

your fine unless you get you a 300Hz monitor

but shouldnt my system be performing in the 400s atleast?

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah I'd say you're good. 

They probably play with much lower settings and bumped those numbers up themselves at least a little bit. It also depends on the map.

For example, my framerate can vary from 300ish to 500-600, depending on the map and where I am on said map, and that's at 1920x1440, lowest settings except for textures and shaders on High and 2x MSAA iirc. At 2560x1440 I get about the same performance as CS:GO is mostly CPU bound.

thanks that helps a lot. Im pretty sure the guy said he plays at 1440p and all high settings so i dont know if hes lying about his FPS

Just now, StunnaFan said:

thanks that helps a lot. Im pretty sure the guy said he plays at 1440p and all high settings so i dont know if hes lying about his FPS

Oh, by default CS:GO is capped at 300FPS, so it could also be that. Type "fps_max 0" in console to unlock it.

You already have more than 200 fps at all times, so just be happy with it. There will not me any noticeable difference if you go higher than that. I'd guess you dont have a 300Hz Display. My 3700X and 1080Ti perform around the same.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Oh, by default CS:GO is capped at 300FPS, so it could also be that. Type "fps_max 0" in console to unlock it.

tried that still not getting higher frames

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

You already have more than 200 fps at all times, so just be happy with it. There will not me any noticeable difference if you go higher than that. I'd guess you dont have a 300Hz Display. My 3700X and 1080Ti perform around the same.

that is true. I just orry if theres something wrong with my system

1 minute ago, StunnaFan said:

that is true. I just orry if theres something wrong with my System

Dont compare your Performance in a game that runs on any potato. Run a more demanding game and look at your fps there. CS:GO will be over 200 fps on a 1660 Super i think :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Dont compare your Performance in a game that runs on any potato. Run a more demanding game and look at your fps there. CS:GO will be over 200 fps on a 1660 Super i think :D

oh ok true. I do dip down into the hundreds sometimes on certain maps like dust II. Is that normal?

5 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

that is true. I just orry if theres something wrong with my system

What are the GPU clocks and usage when you play CS:GO?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Im not sure how can i check GPU clocks and why does it matter (im new to PCs)

1 minute ago, StunnaFan said:

Im not sure how can i check GPU clocks and why does it matter (im new to PCs)

If your GPU is being underutilized due to some power-saving setting, it would perform worse than it can.

Install MSI Afterburner along with the RivaTuner tool to enable on-screen display and check the clocks along with usage in real-time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

oh ok true. I do dip down into the hundreds sometimes on certain maps like dust II. Is that normal?

I didnt Play CS:GO in a few months but most of the time i didnt look at my fps because it was always so high that i didnt notice any difference from 1 map to another. When playing on my 120Hz Monitor i didnt notice any difference in responsiveness or smoothness between 120 and 300 fps but maybe thats just me. I only played at LEM rank at my peak level. So maybe the higher players will claim they notice the difference between 290 and 300 fps.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I didnt Play CS:GO in a few months but most of the time i didnt look at my fps because it was always so high that i didnt notice any difference from 1 map to another. When playing on my 120Hz Monitor i didnt notice any difference in responsiveness or smoothness between 120 and 300 fps but maybe thats just me. I only played at LEM rank at my peak level. So maybe the higher players will claim they notice the difference between 290 and 300 fps.

ah ok thank you

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

If your GPU is being underutilized due to some power-saving setting, it would perform worse than it can.

Install MSI Afterburner along with the RivaTuner tool to enable on-screen display and check the clocks along with usage in real-time.

ok will do I have afterburner installed

12 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

wheres the option for checking the clock

Just now, StunnaFan said:

wheres the option for checking the clock

It would be a lot easier for you to check on youtube on how to set the monitoring up properly.

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

It would be a lot easier for you to check on youtube on how to set the monitoring up properly.

I cant find the clock speed ill keep looking but my GPU usage seems to be at around 50 - 90%