must have pc games?

ixiboneheadixi

Well im building a new PC here soon and i have like no PC games, like none. what are some must haves and popular games right now? i like a little bit of everything, I think the only game on my steam library is like total war shogun 2, and when does steam have big sales?

I really loved Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I would definitely try out Portal 2 or Portal 2 co op with friends :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I haven't really played Fallout but everyone I know wants me to play it, so yeah... Fallout and maybe the Bioshock series.

Portal 2, FEZ, Borderlands 2 (play it with friends), Left 4 Dead 2 (with friends, best thing ever!), Bioshock Infinite, Mirrors Edge, Loadout (best F2P out there right now imo.), Castle Crashers (with friends again, best thing ever!) The big Steam sales occur in the summer and christmas.

Portal 2, FEZ, Borderlands 2 (play it with friends), Left 4 Dead 2 (with friends, best thing ever!), Bioshock Infinite, Mirrors Edge, Loadout (best F2P out there right now imo.), Castle Crashers (with friends again, best thing ever!) The big Steam sales occur in the summer and christmas.

does steam have smaller sales throughout the year?

Yes but the only really good ones are summer and Christmas.

Yeah! All the time! You'll find yourself never buying a game at full price ever again haha, but yeah summer and winter are the big important ones.

should get gta iv and download lcpdfr mod its really fun u can be a cop in gta heres a deal for it and other rockstar games like maxpayne

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/120509-amazon-rockstar-deals-us-only/

also check out the hot deals section for some games

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/69-hot-deals/

and gog.com

Get the current Humble Bundles and you've got yourself some really great games for super cheap!

Go on gog and pick up some older of games, witcher 1 and 2 thief (all the old ones) far cry series, maybe gta sa/4 for modding and then there's all those valve games...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Baatlefield 3 or 4

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Skyrim - definitely. With all the mods and texture packs available it's totally a must.

Garry's mod - all the mods available for that are awesome.

Sanctum - great tower defence and FPS game. Both combined togethor

Steam usually does a pretty big sale 4 times a year, where almost everything gets discounted. In between sales, various franchises go on sale, so I'd just advise checking the 'Specials' tab of the Steam website pretty frequently. Also, check Amazon's digital downloads section, where you can also buy Steam keys. In fact, you could just keep an eye on the Hot Deals subforum here - people bring up great game deals all the time.

If it's a triple-A game that's more than ~6-9 months old, you'll probably be able to get it for under 10 bucks on a sale at some point(except for most Call of Duty games). Just keep your eyes peeled!

Well im building a new PC here soon and i have like no PC games, like none. what are some must haves and popular games right now? i like a little bit of everything, I think the only game on my steam library is like total war shogun 2, and when does steam have big sales?

start out with some good free to play games:

dota 2

team fortress 2

planetside 2

league of legends

hearthstone

path of exile

tribes ascend

blacklight retribution

warframe

if you want to buy games I would go with:

Counter Strike Source

Counter Strike Global Offensive

Battlefield 3/4

DayZ mod/standalone

Rust

Left For Dead 2

Insurgency

Arma 3

Mount and blade Warband

Starcraft 2 and its expansions

All of the games above both free to play/buy are populated very well. Im not giving you a game no one plays anymore. 

If you are not really into mmo's but want one to play for fun without a subscription I would recommend buying Guild Wars 2, servers are very high populated. Guild Wars 2 cost the normal price of a game but without the subscription base of any other mmo. Plus Guild Wars 2 is noob mmo friendly. 

Keep an eye out for:

Star Citizen

Mount and Blade 2:Bannerlord

Everquest Next

Heroes of the storm

Project Reality 2

H-hour:Worlds elite

Battlefront 3

Renegade-x

Fps: bf series, counter strike series, quake series

Rpg: the witcher series, TES

Strategy: starcraft series, LoL

• 3 weeks later...

Half Life CS's um SKYRIM Fallout like said before games that have a modding community are great.

Planetside 2 , rust , minecraft , titanfall, battefield 1-4 , league of legends , dayz , dota 2, and club penguin. I almost forgot wizard 101 . Lol ^.^

[Averykindguy241]

DayZ for sure. I've put close to 100 hours in to standalone now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Don't create a back log from hell as it may drive you nuts.  Pick out a single game and play it then get another.  Yes I understand with charity bundles you will get more than one game but don't install more than one game.  Back log from hell is not a nice thing to look at.

In regards to games you should consider that are really good ...

Half Life 2, Max Payne 3, BIT.TRIP Runner, Portal, ...

and as for something really popular go with Titanfall

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Don't create a back log from hell as it may drive you nuts.  Pick out a single game and play it then get another.  Yes I understand with charity bundles you will get more than one game but don't install more than one game.  Back log from hell is not a nice thing to look at.

In regards to games you should consider that are really good ...

Half Life 2, Max Payne 3, BIT.TRIP Runner, Portal, ...

and as for something really popular go with Titanfall

Yes! Bit Trip Runner is awesome :P and frustrating sometimes too and Portal is a classic

steam has weekly sales, also you can purchase games for cheap on humblebundle.com

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Star Citizen, Star Citizen, Star Citizen, Star Citizen!!!!!!!
STAR CITIZEN!!!!!

RTX2070OC 

I am currently enjoying Far Cry 3. Skyrim I have enjoyed a whole lot, I have also been playing Banished which if you like sim type building games that is pretty cool. I got about 2 dozen other games I got on sales on steam that I have to play through, maybe I will have them done by the steam summer sale. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger