On the fence for a new cpu and motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
Just now, XHD600X said:

then a 3600 it'll be. I will keep the X299 for sure. It's honestly a beautiful board  and capable of much more than I'm currently using it for. After the summer I'll have a big influx of money so I'd be able to buy something decent!

Good luck with your build ;)

One more thing

If your planning on building this one later wait for b550 it will have more robust vrm solution if you need it now get the pro 4 and the 3600

Due to some limitations of my current CPU I'm looking to upgrade, I want to go ryzen and be upgrade proof for the 4000 series.

Currently I'm sporting an Intel i5 7640x (running a stable overclock on 5.2ghz with liquid metal) with an Asus Rog Rampage VI Apex motherboard. 32 gigs of 2666mhz ram and a GTX 1080.

The ram etc. I would take over into the new build, but my concern is with my motherboard. It's an expensive X299 board (got it really cheap) and I don't want that to go to waste tbh so I would keep it..

For the Ryzen I would go for an Asus TUF B450-Pro gaming and an 3600. Since my knowledge about AMD is scarce (I used AMD back in the FX era, haven't kept up that much) at the moment I would love to know if a 3600X would make a better combination (I do like to overclock lol)

thanks in advance!

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Amd doesn't really overclock that well because it's tuned almost perfectly out of the gate. I think your fine with your current rig tbh.

That is the thing, my rig is pretty good. But i'm starting to notice the lack of hyperthreading. Buddy of mine has an 3600 and has better performance in the same workloads and games.

6 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

For the Ryzen I would go for an Asus TUF B450-Pro gaming and an 3600. Since my knowledge about AMD is scarce (I used AMD back in the FX era, haven't kept up that much) at the moment I would love to know if a 3600X would make a better combination (I do like to overclock lol)

With Zen 2 particularly you don't have a whole lot of overclocking headroom in the first place, and that motherboard's definitely not going to help, it's fairly weak in terms of power delivery. For a B450, I'd look for an MSI B450 Mortar Max or Tomahawk Max instead (the "Max" means they're ready for Ryzen 3000 out of the box).

That being said, I wouldn't want to let that high-end of a motherboard go to waste either. Unless you're only gaming on your PC, I'd check prices for some Cascade Lake-X or Skylake-X parts first. Maybe you can find a decent deal on say for example a 9900X, which will offer drastically more multi-threaded performance over your i5, and with enough cooling you should be able to get some pretty good single-core performance out of it too.

If you're only gaming though, then yeah you might be better off going with a Ryzen 3600, or maybe waiting for Zen 3 later this year. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

With Zen 2 particularly you don't have a whole lot of overclocking headroom in the first place, and that motherboard's definitely not going to help, it's fairly weak in terms of power delivery. For a B450, I'd look for an MSI B450 Mortar Max or Tomahawk Max instead (the "Max" means they're ready for Ryzen 3000 out of the box).

That being said, I wouldn't want to let that high-end of a motherboard go to waste either. Unless you're only gaming on your PC, I'd check prices for some Cascade Lake-X or Skylake-X parts first. Maybe you can find a decent deal on say for example a 9900X, which will offer drastically more multi-threaded performance over your i5, and with enough cooling you should be able to get some pretty good single-core performance out of it too.

If you're only gaming though, then yeah you might be better off going with a Ryzen 3600, or maybe waiting for Zen 3 later this year. 

Gaming is one of the things that is on the list, but due to covid I'm stuck working at home. Running pretty beefy tasks. I may look into the option of buying a 9900x or something. thanks!

How did end up buying an i5 7640X? Its a pretty weird CPU if I'm honest. But yeah I'd look into a Cascade Lake-X or Skylake X part if you can. Cascade Lake is more readily available and hasn't been discontinued yet so I'd go with that since its also half the price of the Skylake-X parts.

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

13 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

The ram etc. I would take over into the new build, but my concern is with my motherboard. It's an expensive X299 board (got it really cheap) and I don't want that to go to waste tbh so I would keep it..

If you want ( and I recommend this ) don't switch your platform just yet 

2066 while a dead platform is still decent and there are options like the 10900xe that would be really good especially if you like to work with AVX it's FPU is really good and it's really good got that 

15 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

Enabling pbo for ryzen is the best you can do 

Ocing already isn't something that is beneficial to ryzen 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

First of all, 4C/4T CPU on X299 - ugh... Second, that B450 TUF board that you mentioned is quite bad for its price. Look at MSI's B450 offerings, they have better VRM.

Also, considering your current platform maybe just buy a CPU with more cores that slots into your current X299 rig?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Albal_156 said:

How did end up buying an i5 7640X? Its a pretty weird CPU if I'm honest. But yeah I'd look into a Cascade Lake-X or Skylake X part if you can. Cascade Lake is more readily available and hasn't been discontinued yet so I'd go with that since its also half the price of the Skylake-X parts.

Ended up with it in the deal. Got the cpu with that motherboard for free so decided to use it at first. Never ended up buying an 7900x for it lol. That's why I'm regretting that now.

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you want ( and I recommend this ) don't switch your platform just yet 

2066 while a dead platform is still decent and there are options like the 10900xe that would be really good especially if you like to work with AVX it's FPU is really good and it's really good got that 

Enabling pbo for ryzen is the best you can do 

Ocing already isn't something that is beneficial to ryzen 

I'm now looking for an 9800X, can't break the bank right now due to Corona. But i do need something decent and that is better than my current cpu. 

1 minute ago, XHD600X said:

I'm now looking for an 9800X, can't break the bank right now due to Corona. But i do need something decent and that is better than my current cpu. 

Don't switch to pga1331 

This is still a decent platform the 9800x is an odd ball how much does the 10900x go for ? (Where you live )

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

First of all, 4C/4T CPU on X299 - ugh... Second, that B450 TUF board that you mentioned is quite bad for its price. Look at MSI's B450 offerings, they have better VRM.

Also, considering your current platform maybe just buy a CPU with more cores that slots into your current X299 rig?

The i5 was a pretty fun overclocker but seeing it's limitations now already lol. Like said in the previous post, not looking to break the bank but need somethign quickly

Im regretting my board choice now if Im honest as well. X470 Taichi has really bad support for memory on top of my Zen+ 2700X. Just found out that I have modules made by two different DRAM manufacturers. Two are B-die and the other two are CJR. Ughhhh.

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Don't switch to pga1331 

This is still a decent platform the 9800x is an odd ball how much does the 10900x go for ? (Where you live )

the 9800x goes for 375 euros, the 10900x goes for 650 euros. living in the Netherlands btw.

Just now, Albal_156 said:

X470 Taichi has really bad support for memory on top of my Zen+ 2700X.

The taichi ?!

It's a really good board you didn't make anything wrong the reason why you probably don't get as good of an oc is probably because of the imc

Build Log: 

Just now, XHD600X said:

The i5 was a pretty fun overclocker but seeing it's limitations now already lol. Like said in the previous post, not looking to break the bank but need somethign quickly

Honestly you really should consider buying a used X299 chip with more cores for the time being. If not, what B450 boards are available for you to buy instead of that ASUS TUF one? The only TUF board that's worth buying for AMD at the moment is the X570 one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, XHD600X said:

the 9800x goes for 375 euros, the 10900x goes for 650 euros. living in the Netherlands btw.

Oh that's a bad deal lol 

The 9800x is decent it's one of the oddball cpus for coffee lake x 

But should be decent and that price isn't bad for it either 

Build Log: 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

The only TUF board that's worth buying for AMD at the moment is the X570 one.

This is pretty much the case 

But there are some other compelling options aswell like the prime x570-p 

While not good value compared to the tuf it's still pretty decent ;)

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The taichi ?!

It's a really good board you didn't make anything wrong the reason why you probably don't get as good of an oc is probably because of the imc

Im gonna get Zen 3 after it launches and hopefully my speed will improve but my board doesn't support higher speeds either, despite getting 3200MHz on two DIMMS before.

1 minute ago, Albal_156 said:

Im gonna get Zen 3 after it launches and hopefully my speed will improve but my board doesn't support higher speeds either, despite getting 3200MHz on two DIMMS before.

Weird I have never seen bad experiences with it up until now 

(Excluding the z490 one which is meh )

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

This is pretty much the case 

But there are some other compelling options aswell like the prime x570-p 

While not good value compared to the tuf it's still pretty decent ;)

Just noticed that the 9800x is not in stock in all of the stores I know. I selected the TUF board because I know Asus is pretty decent with Intel. The other option is that I buy a Ryzen base right now and upgrade my X299 later when the 10920x is getting cheaper. It's fairly easy to get rid of a cpu and mobo combination than only an expensive motherboard.

Any recomendations on good boards? Trying to keep the set under 350 euros.

4 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

It's fairly easy to get rid of a cpu and mobo combination than only an expensive motherboard.

Look for maybe a used kaby lake chip 

Not the odd ones like the one you have but the 7900x which is Practically a 9900x or a 10700x

Build Log: 

Hmmmm. 7900X would be really hot though compared to the 9000 series or the 10000 series. Unless you like delidding your CPU. Unless thats just the 7980XE.

1 minute ago, Albal_156 said:

Hmmmm. 7900X would be really hot though compared to the 9000 series or the 10000 series. Unless you like delidding your CPU.

Delidded and did liquid metal on my current one. So I'm not afraid of doing that. 

How about the

MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC

or the MSI B450 Tomahawk max

The Tomahawk Max would be a good choice though the B450M Mortar has two M.2 slots. Though I'd want the much better PCIe connectivity. PCIe Gen 2 is kinda slow really. I'd maybe stick with Intel.

I would keep what you have unless the performance is lacking, why not buy shiny new GPU or more RGB fans swoosh! :3

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

8 minutes ago, Albal_156 said:

Hmmmm. 7900X would be really hot though compared to the 9000 series or the 10000 series. Unless you like delidding your CPU. Unless thats just the 7980XE.

No not really 

Same ipc count same cache layout just a little worse imc and Lower clocks

Build Log: