What would be the optimal way to hide a desktop pc from a 6yr old that wants to play "fotrnitee"

Long thread.  Has anyone pointed out yet that 6 year olds are height challenged?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Long thread.  Has anyone pointed out yet that 6 year olds are height challenged?

Yes, read the first page.

OP, slap the kid.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

50 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This is true but it's also true that many know how to grab stuff and stack it, get a step stool, chair or whatever else and just go for it.
It also depends on the closet.

I'm hoping the OP stands firm on this.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

You don't need to tho 

Tell them no. Simple 

They will learn manners and they will learn boundaries even if they don't like it 

You'd like to think so wouldn't you? It sure didn't work in my case, but his nephew might be different. If he can tell him no once or twice and that's it, then it's fine. It's when they hear no as "Ask me again in 5 minutes. I might change my mind." or "Keep asking me until I get annoyed and say yes." I never caved in to my nephew until I physically removed the system from my possession. And he still asked just to make sure.

7 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I'm not worried about that personally because it's what I got growing up and I'm glad I did.

A little pain now vs a lifetime of it, I'd rather get it over and done with because once it's done, it's DONE.

It's honestly WAY better getting your kids used to the word "No" before they leave high school and enter the real world, where suddenly you don't just get whatever you want. It is a discipline issue. I always only asked once.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

This is true but it's also true that many know how to grab stuff and stack it, get a step stool, chair or whatever else and just go for it.
It also depends on the closet.

I'm hoping the OP stands firm on this.

No,I made my decision. He needs to learn the word "no" 

8 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I'm not worried about that personally because it's what I got growing up and I'm glad I did.

A little pain now vs a lifetime of it, I'd rather get it over and done with because once it's done, it's DONE. 

Back on topic:

@Berkomeister If you're always going to back down it's always going to be like that. The situation won't change until you change it.

One sneaky idea would be to actually have it setup to use, let the kid mess with it..... And have it setup to "Die" or "Break" when they do.

Something like an old GPU that's already on it's way out in a very smokey way would instill some fear into the little one.

Press power, get smoke..... 😁

I have 2 R6970's I used to run in crossfire. One failed failed 6 years ago. Can I put them in a system and just do stupid stuff on the screen or would I get no display at all?

Bit late. But, if they're 6 years old. I'm sure they have no idea what a display/hdmi/etc cable is. just get that out and you'll be set really. Other solution: Say no. Tell their parents you said no. And if they dont listen, wait till they're midgame and turn off the pc. (and then tell the parents)

53 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

You'd like to think so wouldn't you? It sure didn't work in my case, but his nephew might be different. If he can tell him no once or twice and that's it, then it's fine. It's when they hear no as "Ask me again in 5 minutes. I might change my mind." or "Keep asking me until I get annoyed and say yes." I never caved in to my nephew until I physically removed the system from my possession. And he still asked just to make sure.

It's honestly WAY better getting your kids used to the word "No" before they leave high school and enter the real world, where suddenly you don't just get whatever you want. It is a discipline issue. I always only asked once.

My nephew is similar but unlike yours he doesn't usually stop. Atleast that was the case when I last saw him. Also yeah, I should get used to saying no

2 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Bit late. But, if they're 6 years old. I'm sure they have no idea what a display/hdmi/etc cable is. just get that out and you'll be set really. Other solution: Say no. Tell their parents you said no. And if they dont listen, wait till they're midgame and turn off the pc. (and then tell the parents)

Yeah, I'm just going to say no

Just now, Berkomeister said:

, I should get used to saying no

Yes

You don't have to do all this work to stop him 

You should say no and thats it 

If he whined then let it be 

He should know that crying and whining and being entitled won't bring him anything

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: