What personal information not to give.

LOST TALE

The average person who knows me, knows many of my personal information such as date of birth.

General consensus seems those information 9name and date of birth) are dangerous on the internet.

If giving this information putside the internet is not dangerous* then how does it scale on the internet.

What should not be given?

please provide indication of the relevancy if your answer, if your not sure, its fine , but show it with adjectives such as ''I think'' ''not sure'' ''based on little experience''

and if your an expert in the field then thats good to know!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

ehh, I take of 3 pages on google so yeah, google knows me well. 

I just try to avoid placing my email adress where I can and I am even stricter when it comes to my phone number. everything else is kinda up in the air. for my CC i just use paypal. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Anything that could be used to get into an account such as first pet, mothers maiden name etc. Also, I would say date of birth can be iffy.

Name is GENERALLY o.k but never your middle name and PLEASE BE CAREFUL where you post it, I would stick to a first name basis. 

EDIT: As well, nothing even slightly related to your password for any of the sites you use. 

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

email. definitley.

once they get into that, they have access to EVERYTHING. So only use a secondary email adress for public use.

who cares...

General rule of thumb is don't share anything... if you do then make sure you know who you are giving the info to. this goes for all info transferred over the interwebz.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

ehh, I take of 3 pages on google so yeah, google knows me well. 

I just try to avoid placing my email adress where I can and I am even stricter when it comes to my phone number. everything else is kinda up in the air. for my CC i just use paypal. 

i get about 3 with my name, but my username (which is my name but without spaces :S) takes up 18/18 pages on google :(

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Nothing should be on-line, not that that will prevent it from getting on-line but at least you lower the bar.

Instead, create a similar database to your password database of the user info you actually use on a websites login/account creation. Make each one different, keep track of it.

Then, when you are contacted via real e-mail and spam, the username/real name they contact you with will let you know which of those sites sold your info or was hacked. Of course you should use different e-mail addresses for each as well to raise the bar that much higher from them finding out who you really are. This is especially true of on-line give-a-ways/sweepstakes (aka scams or marketing data gathering for more spam).

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.