Need a Hot-Swap Keeb with aluminum or steel body (No Customs) like stability)

Alex-Tech Dojo

Hey Guys,

I have used a cheap steel keyboard with outemu blue switches...

Now i want to upgrade to a hot-swap so i dont have to buy a new keyboard whe the switches lose their spirit..

I found the GMMK 60% compact and im interested in it... But fell free to send me your pics

BUT no Customs...

Just Mainstream...

Thanks

Here is mine ... gmmk tkl with outemu blue extracted from a redragon k552 and YMDK retro double shot pbt keycaps.  I'm waiting for some gateron yellow and kailh speed copper switches along with xda profile keycaps. 

20200517_210436.thumb.jpg.b44cbc2b96d5ec3c5d516eb5698e047c.jpg

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

4 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Here is mine ... gmmk tkl with outemu blue extracted from a redragon k552 and YMDK retro double shot pbt keycaps.  I'm waiting for some gateron yellow and kailh speed copper switches along with xda profile keycaps. 

20200517_210436.thumb.jpg.b44cbc2b96d5ec3c5d516eb5698e047c.jpg

Cool, looks nice

I want to use the 60% GMMK, i dont really nedd the arrow keys..., and if i do, i just macro I J K L to the keyboard...

You know, if the GMMK is an aluminum or metal body...?

I want to use the Kailh Box Whites... They have an fantastic click and superb stabilization...

And ill get some PBT Puding Keycaps...

4 hours ago, Alex-Tech Dojo said:

You know, if the GMMK is an aluminum or metal body...?

Hey there. The GMMK does have an aluminum faceplate, but the bottom/base is plastic. Still feels very sturdy, though.

I want to use the Kailh Box Whites...

You'll be happy to know that the GMMK will be compatible with Kailh BOX Whites, too. 😁

And ill get some PBT Puding Keycaps...

Eh, not my cup o' tea, but hey, its your keeb. 😉 The GMMK also optionally comes bundled with their Aura Keycaps (PBT, Pudding, Black/White, $27.99), take a look if you'd like? Other customization options also available on their site (The GMMK).

Just note that the bundled-in prices for switches on the Glorious's site are a tad more expensive compared to other vendors.

Edit: Just remembered something. I'm unsure whether The GMMK arrives fully-assembled if you order non-Brown switches? On the off-chance that you do need to assemble it yourself, this video might help:

Spoiler

GMMK Assembly (Timestamp: 6:00 - 22:25😞

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

15 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Massdrop ALT is all aluminum, but 65%.  I don't know of any other that meets that requirement that isn't custom though. 

i dont go with drop.... it costs 200€ in my area and i dont need arrow keys..
glorious it is...

47 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. The GMMK does have an aluminum faceplate, but the bottom/base is plastic. Still feels very sturdy, though.

You'll be happy to know that the GMMK will be compatible with Kailh BOX Whites, too. 😁

Eh, not my cup o' tea, but hey, its your keeb. 😉 The GMMK also optionally comes bundled with their Aura Keycaps (PBT, Pudding, Black/White, $27.99), take a look if you'd like? Other customization options also available on their site (The GMMK).

Just note that the bundled-in prices for switches on the Glorious's site are a tad more expensive compared to other vendors.

Edit: Just remembered something. I'm unsure whether The GMMK arrives fully-assembled if you order non-Brown switches? On the off-chance that you do need to assemble it yourself, this video might help:

Reveal hidden contents

GMMK Assembly (Timestamp: 6:00 - 22:25😞

good. the base and the bottom dont worry me... since im not a keysmasher...

I love box whites,... i think that ´they are generally better than most of the clicky switches and has superb stabilization...

And since the RGB isnt a looker adding PBT Pudding caps is gonna be a nice touch