Asus AC58U router help.

Mahbub

Ok so in my asus router app this is this "low power mode" option for my Asus AC58U router. What happens if i oit in low power mode? Like does it decrease the radiation? And how much electricity is saved? Does it make any big difference?

8 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

Ok so in my asus router app this is this "low power mode" option for my Asus AC58U router. What happens if i oit in low power mode? Like does it decrease the radiation? And how much electricity is saved? Does it make any big difference?

This website mentions an idle power consumption of 9W compared to 19W during WiFi activity on 5GHz.

Most power saving features on wireless routers will cause CPU throttling when not in use, i.e. no active transfers. Clients might still be connected. When communication resumes, the CPU throttles back up.

As to whether this makes much difference in power consumption is up to how active your network is and how effective Asus is able to implement dynamic throttling.

What exactly are you concerned about?

1 minute ago, Falcon1986 said:

This website mentions an idle power consumption of 9W compared to 19W during WiFi activity on 5GHz.

Most power saving features on wireless routers will cause CPU throttling when not in use, i.e. no active transfers. Clients might still be connected. When communication resumes, the CPU throttles back up.

As to whether this makes much difference in power consumption is up to how active your network is and how effective Asus is able to implement dynamic throttling.

What exactly are you concerned about?

Electricity cost..  might sound weird but yes.. also i have disabled the 5ghz band i dont need it.. the max power consumption acc to specs sheet is 18 on this router.. now i have just the 2.4 ghz running that too on low power mode . Do u have any rough idea how much less is the power consumption?

3 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

I have asus ac58u router. The max watt it consumes is 18 acc to spec sheet. Now i have totally disabled the 5ghz band also the 2.4 ghz is on low power mode. Can someone tell me roughly how much less is power consumption now?

This seems to be related to your other thread.

Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. It gets confusing. Just add details to the other thread.

Just now, Mahbub said:

Electricity cost..  might sound weird but yes.. also i have disabled the 5ghz band i dont need it.. the max power consumption acc to specs sheet is 18 on this router.. now i have just the 2.4 ghz running that too on low power mode . Do u have any rough idea how much less is the power consumption?

Get a Kill-A-Watt and measure for yourself.

No one can tell you this exactly unless you measure it yourself because your device's activity in your environment might be different than normal.

Is there a particular reason you're nitpicking over such a small power draw? Are you trying to run it off batteries?