HELP ME DECIDE A LAPTOP

I am in a bit of confusion of what laptop to buy and I am on a very tight budget.

I like shortlisted a few and i could find two very value for money options but with some difference....

options i thought of were acer nitro 5 and acer predator helios 300

Common specs in both (gtx 1660ti mobile 6gb, 1tb hdd (helios 300 has 7200 rpm but nitro 5 has 5400 rpm), 256gb ssd, 15.6 144hz 1080p display)

but acer nitro 5 has a i7 9750h 6c/12t and 8gb ram(can be upgraded) but predator has a i5 9300h 4c/8t and 16 gb ram.

but for like all the comparisons between those cpu shows only 2-5% improvement in i7 9750h

both acer predator 300 and acer nitro 5(+8gb ram) costs me approx 1200$ 

should should i go for better specs in nitro 5 but it has a bad build and a average keyboard or helios 300 with a little less specs but a better build and a good rgb keyboard??

other laptop under 1200$ suggestion would be a help too!

Help me please! Thankyou

21 minutes ago, kabeeraaaaa said:

I am in a bit of confusion of what laptop to buy and I am on a very tight budget.

I like shortlisted a few and i could find two very value for money options but with some difference....

Common specs in both (gtx 1660ti mobile 6gb, 1tb hdd (helios 300 has 7200 rpm but nitro 5 has 5400 rpm), 256gb ssd, 15.6 144hz 1080p display)

but acer nitro 5 has a i7 9750h 6c/12t and 8gb ram(can be upgraded) but predator has a i5 9300h 4c/8t and 16 gb ram.

but for like all the comparisons between those cpu shows only 2-5% improvement in i7 9750h

should should i go for better specs in nitro 5 but it has a bad build and a average keyboard or helios 300 with a little less specs but a better build and a good rgb keyboard??

Help me please! Thankyou

you can always upgrade ram and get a better keyboard for your laptop, but you cannot upgrade the processor and gpu of a laptop

also, the i79750h has 6 cores and 12 threads, basically it can compute more tasks at the same time. it helps to future proof your system as future games will require more cores and threads.

i dont know much about laptops, but an educated guess would be the nitro 5 for me

😕

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

10 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

It has a defective hinge design and a lawsuit is almost certainly going to happen. Avoid the G3.

35 minutes ago, kabeeraaaaa said:

Help me please! Thankyou

The Nitro 5 cannot handle the i7 with its cooling. It's pointless to have an overheating i7 that will be slower than an i3 due to the heat. Avoid it.

The Helios 300 is very dated and I would personally not recommend it.

Consider the Asus A15 as it's by far the best value gaming laptop at the moment.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It has a defective hinge design and a lawsuit is almost certainly going to happen. Avoid the G3.

The Nitro 5 cannot handle the i7 with its cooling. It's pointless to have an overheating i7 that will be slower than an i3 due to the heat. Avoid it.

The Helios 300 is very dated and I would personally not recommend it.

Consider the Asus A15 as it's by far the best value gaming laptop at the moment.

the problem with a15 is that asus doesnt seem to launch the laptop in india so like my options are limited

Just now, kabeeraaaaa said:

the problem with a15 is that asus doesnt seem to launch the laptop in india so like my options are limited

You could wait a week or two. Worldwide shipping is in 13 days I believe.

Alterantively, the Lenovo Legion Y540 is a decent last-gen option

11 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You could wait a week or two. Worldwide shipping is in 13 days I believe.

Alterantively, the Lenovo Legion Y540 is a decent last-gen option

international shipping of laptops is costing me like 150-200$ which is like too much (maybe it has something to do with tax laws in india for importing stuff)

and as for lenovo legion y540 has like i5 9th gen and 1650 and less storage 8gb ram for 1200$ but im a little hard on budget and helios seems a better deal...

Will i5 9300h AND GTX 1660TI result in bottlenecking of the laptop?

3 minutes ago, kabeeraaaaa said:

Will i5 9300h AND GTX 1660TI result in bottlenecking of the laptop?

Not exactly, the issues will stem more from heat and poor quality than anything else.

28 minutes ago, kabeeraaaaa said:

international shipping of laptops is costing me like 150-200$ which is like too much (maybe it has something to do with tax laws in india for importing stuff)

and as for lenovo legion y540 has like i5 9th gen and 1650 and less storage 8gb ram for 1200$ but im a little hard on budget and helios seems a better deal...

What about the HP Pavilion Gaming?

18 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Not exactly, the issues will stem more from heat and poor quality than anything else.

What about the HP Pavilion Gaming?

pricing for those go like 1500$ in here. way to expensive. 90000 rupee(1200$)is the maximum i can spend so budget is a great issue

31 minutes ago, kabeeraaaaa said:

pricing for those go like 1500$ in here. way to expensive. 90000 rupee(1200$)is the maximum i can spend so budget is a great issue

Can you give us a list of what models are available beside the Acers?