What device will create a WiFi hotspot excl laptop & phones

Rikkys88

Hi guys

Our router is downstairs, and we get poor to little WiFi signal on the 2nd and 3rd floor. I have tried countless boosters but none do the job. As a result I ended up running an ethernet cable from the router to the back of the house and upstairs into a bedroom, I now want to use this cable and plug it into something to create a hotspot. But I don't want to use my laptop as that means having to leave it on all the time. 

Do you know what device would allow me to plug an ethernet cable into it, and then create a wifi hotspot? 

I've tried googling but everything that comes up is either using a laptop or phone. 

Thanks in advance 

Like @Lurick said, that is what an access point is for. If you don’t want to buy an access point and have an old router laying around, you can also set that up as an access point.

45 minutes ago, Rikkys88 said:

I've tried googling but everything that comes up is either using a laptop or phone.

The others are correct. Just to add, the reason you can't seem to find anything is because "hotspot" is specifically used to refer to an ad-hoc wireless network used to share a mobile device's internet connection. What you want is a regular wireless network.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply