Epic Mega Sale $10 Coupon Considerations May 14th - June 11th

Paul Rudd

Now that Epic is back up and running, I've went through and found all the best deals to consider using the $10 coupon on. I am NOT including any games that have already been given out for free.

32 Games in total. I HIGHLY recommend waiting until the last week of June to use the coupon because some of these games may be FREE before then. The exception would be the lower cost games around $5-$10 since that's not exactly a price to regret purchasing if it does indeed become FREE here soon.

• The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition $4.99 
  • Far Cry 5 $4.99 
  • Assassins Creed Origins $4.99 
  • Ghostbusters The Video Game RM $4.99 
  • The Crew 2 $4.99 
  • Vampyr $4.99 
  • The Telltale Batman Shadows Edition $4.99 
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures $4.99 
  • Kine $4.99 
  • A Knights Quest $5.74 
  • Surviving The Aftermath $5.99 
  • Far Cry New Dawn $5.99 
  • John Wick Hex $5.99 
  • Outward $5.99 
  • Yaga $7.49 
  • Journey To The Savage Planet $7.99 
  • Corruption 2029 $7.99 
  • Trover Saves The Universe $7.99 
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey $9.79 
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands $9.99 
  • Hades $9.99 
  • Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey $9.99 
  • Trackmania Turbo $9.99 
  • Metro Exodus $9.99 
  • Rebel Galaxy Outlaw $10.09 
  • Rune II $10.99 
  • Shenmue III $14.99 
  • Satisfactory $16.95 
  • Anno 1800 $19.99 
  • Control $19.99 
  • Borderlands 3 $19.99 
  • Overpass $21.99 

Epics doing a great job of luring people in with awesome deals and free games recently.

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

1 hour ago, IcarusLSC said:

Epics doing a great job of luring people in with awesome deals and free games recently.

I noticed that too. Very heavy traffic and a lot of new Epic users. It's GTA 5 that did it. This mega sale with the coupon is like an icing on the cake. What they've done with this sale is to make sure to discount a higher variety of quality titles than past sales. I know this because I've been posting deals here for years and the amount of deals that has caught my eye during a sale has rarely been as high as this 32. It's usually just a select few or up to around 7-12 games or so, at most.

And I'm referring to deals that are worth buying, not just all the deals that are advertised.

I like The Crew 2 for $5. It's not worth it, I just like that it's so cheap. I'd go for Rebel Galaxy, but I don't actually want to spend any money.

#Muricaparrotgang

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I like The Crew 2 for $5. It's not worth it, I just like that it's so cheap.

Why isn't The Crew 2 worth $5? I remember people hyped the hell out of it before it released. I remember watching 2 dudes drive super fast across what seemed like a whole state in an early release gameplay of some sort. I think some dude was driving a car and trying to beat some type of aircraft.

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'd go for Rebel Galaxy, but I don't actually want to spend any money.

I've only bought 1 game(FC5) from Epic for $5(back in Feb) and I've only played it one time for like 20 minutes. I do plan to play it heavily though real soon. I figured since I went 14 months without paying a dime and FC5 eventually hit the price range I usually pay for a once $60 game, might as well snag it. I had been wanting to play the online mode ever since I saw what you can do in the creator but I just forgot all about it for some reason. Now that it crossed my mind again, gonna see what people have created in the now 2 years it's been out. I remember in the very beginning people were creating some really creative stuff. Hopefully it's evolved and has a ton of creations to play.

As for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, I actually know nothing about it. I had never seen it before on the store and figured that it's new enough to throw down as a good deal at $10.09.

11 hours ago, Polemical said:

Why isn't The Crew 2 worth $5? I remember people hyped the hell out of it before it released. I remember watching 2 dudes drive super fast across what seemed like a whole state in an early release gameplay of some sort. I think some dude was driving a car and trying to beat some type of aircraft.

• For one, I played the beta. Outside of slightly more stable physics and adding in horrible planes and boring boats there's not much difference to the first game, aside from a general reduction of points of interest on the map. The first game made nationwide points of interest a checklist, most weren't super accurate, probably due to licensing... or laziness... but it was a focal point. The Crew 2 completely removed it, but outside adding in some rivers for boats and a handful of not very good race tracks the map is nearly identical, but a lot of the points of interest just look flat worse.
  • Second, my buddy bought the game on PS4, and I tried it out a month or two ago and it was  so unbelievably boring I put it away after 15-30 minutes. The first game I only play when I'm bored and just want to cruise around and go wherever. Outside that, the PVP and just racing in general isn't great.
  • Thirdly, I know that people were saying they tried to have too many different "categories" of vehicles, but each one is really shallow. They added in boats and planes that no one asked for, but there's only a handful of each. The same for drift, street, monster, drag, performance, motorcycles, etc.
  • Fourthly, I don't like how the new vehicle system works. In the first game you bought one car and then bought various tuning kits for that one car. So buy a Mustang, and then buy a tuning kit for rally, one for street, etc. The Crew 2 forces you to buy the entire vehicle over if you want the street version and the dirt version. I also know a lot of people were complaining about the progression and grind.
  • Fifthly, when I played the beta, and it's still the intro to the game, it makes you do a big showcase race where you swap between a car, a boat, and a plane. I play with a steering wheel. You can't fly a plane with a steering wheel. So I had to get out my controller and plug it in to fly a bit and put it away. And the Extra 300, the same plane that does the Red Bull air race, is about as acrobatic as a 747. Maybe a Cessna at best.
11 hours ago, Polemical said:

As for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, I actually know nothing about it. I had never seen it before on the store and figured that it's new enough to throw down as a good deal at $10.09.

It's more that I want the game, but if I still have coupon I need to spend $15 minimum to redeem it, so I'd need to buy something else.

It was also heavily advertised when EGS started, it was one of the first exclusive titles. It's a ~90's style space dogfighting game, kind of like FreeSpace 2, which I really enjoyed. The first Rebel Galaxy was pretty decent if repetitive.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I need to spend $15 minimum to redeem it, so I'd need to buy something else.

No you don't, the game is $20.09 without the coupon. The coupon brings it down to $10.09.

Glad you told me all that about The Crew 2, I almost considered buying it last night but the one game play I watched showed a dude just drive and drive and drive and drive the entire time. Not gonna pay to just drive around, I can do that in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

3 hours ago, Polemical said:

No you don't, the game is $20.09 without the coupon. The coupon brings it down to $10.09.

Glad you told me all that about The Crew 2, I almost considered buying it last night but the one game play I watched showed a dude just drive and drive and drive and drive the entire time. Not gonna pay to just drive around, I can do that in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

Oh. That was unclear. Might check it out.

The Crew 2 is a driving game, don't know what you were expecting. I got The Crew 1 free, so I assume you grabbed it too. If you have the Crew 1, there's not really any major reason to get the Crew 2. I like driving games, but the driving in the Crew games isn't really very good or otherwise fun.

#Muricaparrotgang

Borderlands 3 JUST came out... why is it 50% off? 

30 minutes ago, fpo said:

Borderlands 3 JUST came out... why is it 50% off? 

It only JUST came out for steam. It's been available on Epic as well as consoles since Mid September.

Officially, $19.99 is the best price for the base game on any platform to date. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

It only JUST came out for steam. It's been available on Epic as well as consoles since Mid September.

Officially, $19.99 is the best price for the base game on any platform to date. 

I got it for $30 release week on steam. 

So yes. 

I didn’t know it was out so long. 

Control is very common on sale at around $10 so not a good deal. All the other interesting titles are Ubisoft games but I don't want to have anything to do with Uplay right now because of all its issues. I like what Epic is doing though and might give Vampyr a try.

24 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Control is very common on sale at around $10 so not a good deal.

Weird, in the US, it never hit below $30.

25 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I don't want to have anything to do with Uplay right now because of all its issues.

What issues? Works perfectly on my end.

1 hour ago, Polemical said:

Weird, in the US, it never hit below $30.

What issues? Works perfectly on my end.

I see Control quite often at around $10 on EGS. Maybe it's a regional issue but it's odd. I also got Fallen Order at around that price.

Currently on Uplay I have a game (The Crew) that won't start and repairing it won't fix the issue. Then I have AC3 that crashed a couple weeks ago and all my saves are gone, including the cloud ones. It's the second time this happens to me with an Assassin's Creed game. Then The Division just started redownloading for no reason. Maybe it's because of the new update but that's still 40GB of data so I suspect it to be an issue. On top of that their customer support isn't available so it won't let me send and email on the website and no response on Twitter since almost a week. That's not how you treat a customer, and being a customer support agent myself I know how this stuff works.

38 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I see Control quite often at around $10 on EGS. Maybe it's a regional issue but it's odd. I also got Fallen Order at around that price.

Yup, definitely regional pricing. I hear people say they get Fallen Order real cheap in other countries.

38 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Currently on Uplay I have a game (The Crew) that won't start and repairing it won't fix the issue. Then I have AC3 that crashed a couple weeks ago and all my saves are gone, including the cloud ones. It's the second time this happens to me with an Assassin's Creed game. Then The Division just started redownloading for no reason. Maybe it's because of the new update but that's still 40GB of data so I suspect it to be an issue. On top of that their customer support isn't available so it won't let me send and email on the website and no response on Twitter since almost a week. That's not how you treat a customer, and being a customer support agent myself I know how this stuff works.

Weird, never had an issue with UPlay games and I've been with them almost 4 years now. I have all those games and they run just fine. UPlay has actually been on the rise of my most used launcher for 2019-2020. I use it as much as I use both Steam and the Epic launcher. I'm sure there's a fix to your issues it just requires some troubleshooting and possibly some digging around if you can't get in contact from their customer service. I've only had to contact them once and I remember it being related to The Division. Turned out it was a fault of my own for locking my fps in both MSI Afterburner and the in-game settings. When you do that, it causes stuttering and I spent a few days tracking down it being the culprit.

If you really wanna play those games, search Google for exactly what you're experiencing to see if it happened to other people. Use specific keywords such as The Crew won't start or Assassins Creed III crashes and all saved games gone. You'll find yourself on a journey but you'll eventually find the culprit 90% of the time.

Doing a quick search, here is a thread I found searching for your Division issue. The very last comment may fix your issue. I remember having to do something very similar with a UPlay game and it fixed my issue. Can't remember what game but I want to say it did exactly how you describe it and I clicked that locate button and it fixed it. The issue never arose again either.

Also found these doing a quick search. May work, may not. Seems it's a common issue with the game though.

Try both.

53 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

How many of these titles are epic exclusives?

There are no Epic exclusives.

41 minutes ago, Polemical said:

There are no Epic exclusives.

Games that are only available for PC on the Epic Store? I know Control is, was wondering about others

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

'Coming August 2020', been on Epic since August 2019, assumed they had exclusivity.

Precisely. So it's not an exclusive, it's a timed exclusive.

1 minute ago, Polemical said:

Precisely. So it's not an exclusive, it's a timed exclusive.

Screw it, you win, sorry I asked.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Screw it, you win, sorry I asked.

This may be what you're looking for.