LOW FPS on my laptop

Pavan Yakkali

I own an asus rog laptop with i7-8750hq with 1050ti 4 gb graphics card. I only play csgo and even with all settings turned very low at 1080 p it gives me only 120-130 fps. If I go way too low to 1024x720 the issue remain same. What should I do? Any suggestions please? 

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

Sorry, 120-130 FPS is low?

For CS yes. His hardware should be getting 200-250

5 minutes ago, Pavan Yakkali said:

I own an asus rog laptop with i7-8750hq with 1050ti 4 gb graphics card. I only play csgo and even with all settings turned very low at 1080 p it gives me only 120-130 fps. If I go way too low to 1024x720 the issue remain same. What should I do? Any suggestions please? 

Check thermals and drivers

7 minutes ago, Pavan Yakkali said:

1050ti is not a very good card, it is in fact a piece of junk. Trust me ...unfortunately I used to have one after my 7850 died. It hardly even felt like an upgrade and that was the desktop model....

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Dude I would kill for a 1050Ti

You could kill for way better, honestly. It's not a good card anymore.

A girl who loves to love.

3 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I'm using integrated graphics right now so I'd kill for almost any dedicated GPU lol

lol. From that a 1050 ti is a noticeable step up yes. But I'd much rather kill for a RX 580 or even 570 if I was you. Much better card than the 1050 ti.

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

For CS yes. His hardware should be getting 200-250

That's absolutely incorrect I have an experience with a laptop with a 1050ti and a 7700hq at very low it got around 180-200

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 hours ago, Aimi said:

Sorry, 120-130 FPS is low?

yes in 1024x720 too

1 minute ago, Pavan Yakkali said:

how should I check them any tutorial on them?? 

have you set max FPS to zero in console?

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

5 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

have you set max FPS to zero in console?

Yup... I've done all the launch options and optimizations like max_que no_joy no_vid .... 

4 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

1050ti is not a very good card, it is in fact a piece of junk. Trust me ...unfortunately I used to have one after my 7850 died. It hardly even felt like an upgrade and that was the desktop model....

At my place this laptop costed me around 1000$ brother... Its quite expensive here..

1 hour ago, Pavan Yakkali said:

At my place this laptop costed me around 1000$ brother... Its quite expensive here..

Hmm... Well, maybe temps are the problem causing something to throttle. It is ROG laptop, do you have that uhm.. ROG Armory? Does that let you see temps or control any fans?

20 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Hmm... Well, maybe temps are the problem causing something to throttle. It is ROG laptop, do you have that uhm.. ROG Armory? Does that let you see temps or control any fans?

yup... fan is set to overboost(max) all the time I play and CPU temp is around 82-85 C and gpu reaches 80 sometime

11 minutes ago, Pavan Yakkali said:

yup... fan is set to overboost(max) all the time I play and CPU temp is around 82-85 C and gpu reaches 80 sometime

I can't really say if that's normal or not but for a laptop it should be within spec... Check background processes, update drivers and uhm you can try this...

Open CMD as administrator and run commands:

SFC /SCANNOW

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot and check for effect. If none of this helps, you can try go into safe mode and DDU your display drivers and do a clean reinstall. Just note that safe mode doesn't use a PIN code if you have that set when you log into Windows. Gotta use password.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html