hello!

as a 16 year-old casual gamer, who's really into the new story based AAA game titles, I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming around the 500-550 USD price range. what laptop should I get? aesthetic features like RGB are not required.

thanks!

😕

I bet if you looked around (craigslist or something) you could probably find an older MSI laptop with a 4th gen i7 and something like a 980m for that price range. Those specs are a bit old, but should probably still kick ass at 1080p

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

16 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

hello!

as a 16 year-old casual gamer, who's really into the new story based AAA game titles, I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming around the 500-550 USD price range. what laptop should I get? aesthetic features like RGB are not required.

thanks!

Avoid second hand - most have most likely not been treated well and don't have warranty.

Look for a laptop with a 1050/1650. If those are out of budget, MX250/MX350

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Avoid second hand - most have most likely not been treated well and don't have warranty.

Look for a laptop with a 1050/1650. If those are out of budget, MX250/MX350

That's way too underpowered for his needs. He is best off buying second hand with a GTX 1060.

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

That's way too underpowered for his needs. He is best off buying second hand with a GTX 1060.

No he isn't - most 1060 laptops that are being sold used are 4 years old. They don't have much life left, many have been overheated or abuse and none have warranty. What does he do when it fails in a year?

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No he isn't - most 1060 laptops that are being sold used are 4 years old. They don't have much life left, many have been overheated or abuse and none have warranty. What does he do when it fails in a year?

RTX for mobile was released Jan 2019 and plenty of Pascal equiped laptops still would've been sold for many months to come. I wouldn't reccomend getting one that is 4 years old but you can still find 1-2 year old ones.

25 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

hello!

thanks!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-1tb-hdd-128gb-ssd-peacock-blue/6402663.p?acampID=633495&cmp=RMX&intl=nosplash&loc=1gw2CeULJxyOTiz0WlXSvXJOUkizzowBX1SUyk0&ref=198&refdomain=pcpartpicker.com&skuId=6402663

Best option for your budget but it won't run any AAA games. For that, the minimum is 700$

5 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

RTX for mobile was released Jan 2019 and plenty of Pascal equiped laptops still would've been sold for many months to come. I wouldn't reccomend getting one that is 4 years old but you can still find 1-2 year old ones.

Most people who bought them 2 years ago aren't selling them, as you can easily see by the models sold. Most are 2016-2017 models such as the Asus GL502VM or Lenovo Y520s. You won't find a Y545 for example.

35 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

hello!

thanks!

a acer nitro with a gtx 1050 ti or gtx 1650 is your best bet. You can find this on ebay with a little searching

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List