Can I use a pressure sprayer as a paint sprayer

Windows9

probably, but it would take ages.

also, maybe the paint would be too thick to pass trough the nozzle. not sure? seems like it's cheap enough to try out anyway tho.

I think the nozzle would be the problem with application.  You may find it doesn't apply evenly.  Most paint sprayers are set to a fan setting as opposed to that nozzle spraying in a circle.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

@nick name the nozzle is adjustable and i can do multiple coats. please correct me if wrong. is there anything that i can use for £10

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

Well I'd also worry about being able to wash out the sprayer between uses.  And I don't think that nozzle will adjust to a fan pattern -- perhaps a tighter circular pattern.  That might just waste paint though.  

I am mentioning this only because using the wrong tool for a job usually makes it harder and wasteful.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

you can't water down house emulsions and such you need to use a thinner, 

essentially NO you can't use that, the thinner would probably eat the bottle lol 

also if you thin down emulsion, it means you normal 2-3 coats for a good paint job would be 8-10 coats!  get a roller and do it, takes about an hour to do a decent sized wall one coat. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

-> Moved to Off Topic

Why this was originally in General Discussion should be hilarious explanation of tech side of spray painting ones house.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thinner for oil based water for water based. Most paints are now water based. Many of them explicitly say do not thin. However I have had good results over the years using waterbased stain out of a pump action garden sprayer. The one I was using held about 1 and a half gallons. I started with a small amount and thinned it until it sprayed correctly. I was also doing this on rough cut wooden sheds. If it didn't look perfect who cares lol. I have never tried thinning any water based paints. Best thing I can recommend is renting an airless paint sprayer. Won't cost much but it's the real deal. Please note you will use more paint. Alot more than brushing or rolling it on. 

what frankr2994 said. rent an airless sprayer......using that to spray house paint will take forever and look like shit. youd have to dilute the paint pretty damn thin and will basically be useless. you'll have bleeders and stripes EVERYWHERE. and youll be refilling it every couple minutes. waste of time and effort

hell rolling the house will be quicker because it will actually cover.

I can't speak to the quality of whatever sprayer you got that cheap but typically no you don't thin your paint with it.

7 hours ago, AMD1234 said:

@frankr2994 Just read the manual and it come with a viscosity checker thingy so you can thin it

if you have to thin your paint then that airless sprayer isnt worth crap. your not supposed to thin it out. the thinner you make it the less it fully covers and you have to go over it over and over to get a good coat

7 hours ago, AMD1234 said:

@frankr2994 Just read the manual and it come with a viscosity checker thingy so you can thin it

Most airless sprayers are only designed for water based paint which is good as most house paint is water based, you can thin it with water if its water based. Mix really well if you do thin it, 

Find a piece of scrap ply wood and run a few test coats, or behind a washer/dryer, somewhere inconspicuous.

Paint is about prep more so than actually laying down paint, wash the walls sand, and wash again. mask, put down drop sheets as sprayers get paint fucking everywhere at the best of times. 

Run a load of water through the sprayer when your done, till the water coming out is clean, cheap airless sprayers break easily if they have paint left in them. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I am just here for the show. Honestly dont think it will work. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 hour ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Honestly dont think it will work

I have a wuarantee for 1 year so if it dosen't I cam return it

Might want to read the full thread to see the updated situation

1 hour ago, AMD1234 said:

I have a wuarantee for 1 year so if it dosen't I cam return it

Might want to read the full thread to see the updated situation

Please understand that a warranty isn't the same as a return policy.  

1 hour ago, nick name said:

Please understand that a warranty isn't the same as a return policy

I dont understand... same thing

39 minutes ago, frankr2994 said:

Warranty or returns isn't the same thing as being able to redo the paint on your house lmao

Ill test it on wood first, have some spare lying around

@RollinLower @frankr2994 Just for laughs I got the manual sprayer and it kinda worked. Good for a first coat but second would need to be done. Also thinned it severely

Looks like that 20euro should work fine, clean it well when not using it. Probably get the house done once, by that point if it breaks who cares. 

I've used pretty much the same thing a few times to paint my place over the years, they're a copy of the old wagner patent which worked fucking brilliantly when they were new. 

Time and effort I've saved using an electric sprayer is huge, just use a drill and mix the paint really well, when you think your done mix the bastard again. crap in the paint, clumps being sprayed, drips/runs in the paint is the user not the machine.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige