What should I start with, what piece of hardware should I decide first to decide all the other parts? (I'm not asking for hardware reccomendations.)

1 minute ago, BauldyrofTheBasics said:

I'm guessing the case

only if you have a specific style or size requirement for the build. CPU and GPU, since they are the major performance deciders, are always first. They are usually the most expensive as well. Then, motherboard and ram, depending on what CPU you chose, and then the case, storage, and PSU last.

This is, of course, subject to change, based on the use cases of the PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Depends on what you want from the computer, and the budget. E.g. for a SFF build, definitely the case first. For a larger rig, you could leave the case for last. It will also depend on the usecase of the PC, specific requirements etc

:)

depends what you want. need lots of cores? you should look for a threadripper, and in turn a motherboard (likely eATX) and in turn a case that supports it.

you should really start with what kind of computer you need.

I wouldn't start with a certain part, the first question is "What you're going to use the computer for?", then decide on the general platform you want to work with (AMD based or Intel based), while keeping in mind any additional limitations you want/need to put on the entire system, for example:

- do you want a small system and maybe you need an ITX board

- how powerful the hardware needs to be

- what is your budget

etc.

Once you answer all those questions, I would start with choosing the MB/CPU combo you want to base the system off and build around that.