i7 8700 running too slow, loud aio fans, cant run games, help.

For past 5 -6 months i have not been able to do much on my system at most i can play low spec games like league of legends, halo reach, overwatch etc. I am not able to play newer games higher spec games i get too frame skipping/stuttering in games and is unplayable in between the frame skipping/stuttering the is mostly smooth and this will happen about 70 - 80% of gameplay. my system is almost 2 years old was sent to get fixed from a blue screen 3 months ago and was returned to me in the current state, i have been slow with getting it looked at and with current covid 19 issues i am current unable to do so. My AIO pump revs up loudly whenever running games. here is a list of fixes i have already tried/looked into.

• Updating any all drivers, windows.
  • Resetting windows
  • Enabled/Disabled xmp (dont think its ram anyway) , changed ram slots
  • added extra case positioned near cpu, all parts cleaned of dust
  • enough space on both ssd and hdd
  • virus scan/removed suspicious programs
  • lowered all graphic settings in games, changed nvidia control panel settings for performance.

My build

. CPU: Intel i-7 8700 3.20GHz
. Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A
. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb ddr4
. GPU: Inno 3D Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11gb
. PSU: Thermaltake 850w
. AIO: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID 240

overwatch monitoring scrnshot .jpg

idoling.jpg

stress test with clock speed.jpg

stress test.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rudestorm said:

For past 5 -6 months i have not been able to do much on my system at most i can play low spec games like league of legends, halo reach, overwatch etc. I am not able to play newer games higher spec games i get too frame skipping/stuttering in games and is unplayable in between the frame skipping/stuttering the is mostly smooth and this will happen about 70 - 80% of gameplay. my system is almost 2 years old was sent to get fixed from a blue screen 3 months ago and was returned to me in the current state, i have been slow with getting it looked at and with current covid 19 issues i am current unable to do so. My AIO pump revs up loudly whenever running games. here is a list of fixes i have already tried/looked into.

• Updating any all drivers, windows.
  • Resetting windows
  • Enabled/Disabled xmp (dont think its ram anyway) , changed ram slots
  • added extra case positioned near cpu, all parts cleaned of dust
  • enough space on both ssd and hdd
  • virus scan/removed suspicious programs
  • lowered all graphic settings in games, changed nvidia control panel settings for performance.

My build

. CPU: Intel i-7 8700 3.20GHz
. Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A
. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb ddr4
. GPU: Inno 3D Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11gb
. PSU: Thermaltake 850w
. AIO: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID 240

overwatch monitoring scrnshot .jpg

idoling.jpg

stress test with clock speed.jpg

stress test.jpg

check if your motherboard's bios is up to date.

1 hour ago, Its_MrMa said:

check if your motherboard's bios is up to date.

just tried that helped a bit, my aio is no longer as loud, frames in games have gotten slightly smoother but i am still gettting low performance from most games

22 hours ago, Rudestorm said:

just tried that helped a bit, my aio is no longer as loud, frames in games have gotten slightly smoother but i am still gettting low performance from most games

i don't know... maybe the cpu is gone...

did you plug the monitor into the motherboard or the gpu

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Hmm, difficult problem. Your description does indicate a possible problem... anything from an overheating cpu/gpu(redo your thermal pastes? or try another cpu cooler to eliminate an AIO failure?) to a dying component.

What would I be doing?

1. analyze suspected gaming performance against benchmarks for the games using similar hardware to see if your system is definitely low on performance.

2. if above proves true,

checking GPU clocks and temperature,

checking cpu clocks and temperature

checking ram speed and amount

checking SSD read/write speeds (i've had multiple mechanical drives fail with very low read/write speeds, it can happen with solid state as well)

reseating all mechanical connections, CPU, Memory, power cables, PCIe peripherals, ect.

3. Reinstalling windows after backing up information and then wiping drives

4. if the above still proves to be unsuccessful, i would then start swapping out suspected components one at a time with known good parts, hopefully by using parts i have on hand or borrowed from a friend or possibly purchasing an upgrade i really wanted anyway.

beyond this, without being there in person, i cant think of any other way to assist.

What games exhibit the stuttering? What resolution and rough settings do you use? What FPS do you get on average and what is it when it stutters.

1 minute ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Hmm, difficult problem. Your description does indicate a possible problem... anything from an overheating cpu/gpu(redo your thermal pastes? or try another cpu cooler to eliminate an AIO failure?) to a dying component.

What would I be doing?

1. analyze suspected gaming performance against benchmarks for the games using similar hardware to see if your system is definitely low on performance.

2. if above proves true, checking GPU clocks and temperature,

checking cpu clocks and temperature

He has already done both those checks in the images he supplied. Both seem fine.

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

He has already done both those checks in the images he supplied. Both seem fine.

I see what you've said, i say that still images of a fluid gaming problem are very bad at providing a reliable context for diagnosis.

The CPU temperatures that are reading out into the 80s and 100% load, I presume that is during a synthetic stress test?

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

some images that are also necessary for further diagnosis, graphs showing the following during a gaming session in which the symptoms are present:

frametimes in ms (found in afterburner)

framerate also in afterburner

system memory speed, usage ect in task manager

disk transfer speeds also in task manager

5 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

did you plug the monitor into the motherboard or the gpu

gpu 

5 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

What games exhibit the stuttering? What resolution and rough settings do you use? What FPS do you get on average and what is it when it stutters.

All fps monitoring tells me games are running around 80 - 140 but obviously varie depending on demand of the game. 

6 hours ago, Riho said:

Whats your ram speed?

4010MHz

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

The CPU temperatures that are reading out into the 80s and 100% load, I presume that is during a synthetic stress test?

Yes uaed cpu z stress test

1 hour ago, Rudestorm said:

4010MHz

presuming its 4x8 or 2x16, correctly configured for dual channel mode?

Can you run heaven benchmark and see what your GPU does?

1 hour ago, Rudestorm said:

All fps monitoring tells me games are running around 80 - 140 but obviously varie depending on demand of the game. 

FPS is a fine metric for understanding raw GPU power but you're not interested in FPS

you're interested in Frametime, this is what causes stuttering, when one frame takes 10x or 20x longer to produce, this causes a pause in the fluidity of the motion and picture.

The end goal of this conversation is to help you pinpoint the cause of that stuttering.

Something, is causing a momentary bottleneck that is starving the GPU of the information it needs to produce the next image/frame for display, it's only a few miliseconds in length but it does ruin the experience.

that bottleneck could be: 

GPU clock instability(not likely, since your only around 1.85Ghz)

CPU thermal throttling(not likely, since your temps seem good)

System Memory instability... if you're truly running 4000mhz system memory speed, that's very high and I feel dropping that down to 3200mhz as a dignostic test would be very helpful: also, system memory instability is Extremely hard to diagnose with charts/graphs/ect, but dropping the speed is one of the easiest ways to eliminate memory clock instability as a cause.

SSD resource fetching, if the SSD is having issues collecting the resources requested by the program from system storage that will certainly cause issues, the easiest ways i've seen to diagnose this is to monitor SSD transfer speeds to spot any significant drop offs, also to install the games that are having issues onto another SSD to eliminate the drive as a culprit.

registry/pathing errors that direct the system to the wrong spots on the drives to find the information being requested.

trying to connect the frametime spikes with a spike or dip in ssd transfer speed or cpu usage spikes is a helpful metric but will not be helpful in finding system memory that is volatile.

finally... a clean install of windows can do wonders for system stability... its like cleaning a room after removing all the furniture, no matter how much you clean, you will not get more than the superficial dirt unless you start with an empty room.

41 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

presuming its 4x8 or 2x16, correctly configured for dual channel mode?

2x16. Im not 100% if they configured properly only thing ive tried with memory is disabling/running profile1 xmp