With everyhing going on RTX 2080ti or RTX 3080 ti?

DominicNikon

Hello, with everything going on should i get a RTX 2080 ti evga kingpin edition or wait for the RTX 3080 ti kingpin edition to be released? The reason i'm doing kingpin cards are because i will be doing xoc with them and i do have the ability to wait for the new generation of cards. 

If you can wait, then that's what I'd do. New cards are bound to have something fun about them, with some improved maturity on RTX and the like.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Hello, with everything going on should i get a RTX 2080 ti evga kingpin edition or wait for the RTX 3080 ti kingpin edition to be released? The reason i'm doing kingpin cards are because i will be doing xoc with them and i do have the ability to wait for the new generation of cards. 

If you are still running a 4th gen i5, then I would recommend waiting and upgrade the the CPU and GPU when the time comes. If you do have a better CPU that will not hold the GPU back, I  would still wait.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Just now, MadAnt250 said:

If you are still running a 4th gen i5, then I would recommend waiting and upgrade the the CPU and GPU when the time comes.

yeah i agree with you but this graphics card is for a new pc that will have a ryzen 9 3950x 

10 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Ooh nice falcon heavy. To answer you question, It depends what you want to do, but overall the ampere architecture should give a fairly massive improvement over the turning architecture, but I may be wrong. One thing for sure is that If you don't care about rtx an older titan or Quadro can do the trick, especially for workloads. But that's just my opinion, listen to the people that actually know what they're saying

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Just now, DominicNikon said:

yeah i agree with you but this graphics card is for a new pc that will have a ryzen 9 3950x 

If you're getting a new pc then get the 4950x. If you're gaming, and can wait the 3080ti and 4950x will be great lol

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

3 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

If you're getting a new pc then get the 4950x if yoreu considering waiting the 6+months for the 3080ti. 3080ti+4950x= beautiful. Image the 4950x has 24 cores 0_0

If you do have the budget secured, and assuming you can take full advantage of the power the RTX3000 series will have, I think it is pretty safe to say that it is best to wait for the new releases. My only concern is the current ongoing pandemic that might affect hardware prices, stock, and release date.

nah bro wait for 6950X, 6080 Ti Titanium

48 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

If you're getting a new pc then get the 4950x if yoreu considering waiting the 6+months for the 3080ti. 3080ti+4950x= beautiful. Image the 4950x has 24 cores 0_0

When does amd traditionally release the next gen chips? 

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

When does amd traditionally release the next gen chips? 

It is predicted that AMD will release their 4000 Ryzen series around Q3 this year. That translates to around July-September. However, release dates might be affected by the current pandemic. But, if you can wait, I think it is best to wait as the current component prices is affected by the current crisis.

Edit: Apparently, Lisa Su, has confirmed that the next Ryzen WILL be released in Q3 this year. Here's some refrence:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-release-date-specs-performance-price

Edited by Azura Lightfeilt

3 minutes ago, Azura Lightfeilt said:

It is predicted that AMD will release their 4000 Ryzen series around Q3 this year.

Ok, then i probably should wait for zen 3 and the ampir and just have the latest everything

44 minutes ago, Azura Lightfeilt said:

and assuming you can take full advantage of the power the RTX3000 series will have

I believe I can take full advantage of the RTX 3080 ti but i would wait for the evga Kingpin card because i do plan on doing xoc with it