Displays again│SAMSUNG panels vs IPS

Hi,

I've been looking for a new monitor for quite a long time now. And I was about to buy something 1440p, around 144hz, IPS and working with G-Sync gpu, I would say, here in EU it's somewhere around 800-900€. 
That might be something like ViewSonic XG270QG or AORUS FI27Q-P.
But then after some time, Samsung QLED monitors started surfacing. They offer everything from things above, except they have VA and FreeSync only, but from what I've read they should be G-Sync compatible. And they are often half amount the IPS monitor money. (the Samsung C32HG70 for example)
So my question is, why would anyone buy any IPS panel over the QLED Samsung one? If it has all of the things + it's a lot cheaper...

It confused me again since I was really decided about it.

Thank a lot for reading this, have a nice day, and stay healthy on the American continent! :)

1 minute ago, kubikulek231 said:

So my question is, why would anyone buy any IPS panel over the QLED Samsung one?

Because VA panels have worse viewing angles and colors (in my experience). The general idea of 'VA has better black values' is not the case too.

But you should probably see the screens in real life, before making purchasing decisions.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

VA panels have a much higher response time than the ViewSonic XG270QG or AORUS FI27Q-P. so would not recommend for gaming but for content creation they would be reccomendable

2 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

VA panels have a much higher response time than the ViewSonic XG270QG or AORUS FI27Q-P. so would not recommend for gaming but for content creation they would be reccomendable

Ehh what...

For content creation you would definitely want an IPS and not all gaming is so response limited. Sure if you play only FPS then maybe (though even if VA panels are usually slower, one should look at a reviews of specific models anyway). If you are like me and play RPGs and RTSs, then slower response hardly matters at all.

And by the way, I do have the exact same monitor the OP posted and it's gorgeous, especially for the price that's there right now. And it's absolutely fine for FPSs as well anyway.

I have the Aorus AD27QP, which is a previous model to the FI27QP. I bought it recently as a B-Grade return in the UK for £330.00, to make it easier to do some working from home (it's in mint condition and no dead pixels - YAY!). It's GSync compatible and 144hz. I imagine the FI27QP is pretty similar from a quick look of the specs, just a bit better here and there. Would recommend.

Personally I don't like VA because they're not as good looking and are slow. They're solid monitors in general and would say VA is best for like movie watching and such I guess and fine for gaming if you're not sensitive to ghosting and don't care for color as much. Price is cheaper than IPS obviously. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Thank you all for the replies.

I'm currently using crappy LG M2432 TV as my monitor and I'm kinda used to play FPS games on it. :D
I was about to buy a new monitor many times but my expectations and current models made me wait a little bit everytime, so I ended up stuck for a few years like this. 

Any high refresh rate monitor would be a huge upgrade at this point and I don't even think if I mind a little bit of a response time.
Tbh not many people are professional gamers and I'm not even sure if there's someone who would really notice the difference.

I just want all-around monitor with the specs in the OP. I sometimes do photo and video editing and play other non FPS games so it would be nice to have crisp image and decent colors. 
I also do not want to cheap out on it, but it shouldn't be more than 1000€. So I'm trying to choose wisely.