I threw a party and no one came... (SPONSORED)

JonoT

Noo I was hoping today's upload was going to be the folding server vid

7 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Noo I was hoping today's upload was going to be the folding server vid

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

you and me both partner

SoonTM

It would be really cool if you set those up all over the office or even in the warehouse

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

(We got them all)

Slightly misleading screenie, Linus did reach across for it, but didn't make mention of it.

Also, I understand why you didn't, but you do have a small team of three with you. And they have small hands for the delicate work.

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

snip

Yeah, was this just missed or was it broken?  The sheer quantity of these made me think, even with a relatively small DOA rate, the odds that every single one works wouldn't actually be fantastic.  How many did have issues?

If the failure rate was 0.1%, there's a ~10% chance that at least one would not work.  Increase that to a 1% failure rate and there's roughly a 2/3 chance that at least one will not work.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just use it as a private PA system. "Kids, I know you can hear me, dinner is ready", "Linus, do the dishes", etc.

Seems like these aren't in Canada yet?  I assume they will be before long, but if anyone is particularly impatient, you can get their existing line of Flare speakers:

Normal: https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Bluetooth-Soundcore-Waterproof-Dustproof/dp/B07BHP4W36

Bigboi: https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Anker-Waterproof-Radiators/dp/B07F7VJN1G

Smol: https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Mini,Waterproof-Enhanced-Dustproof-Waterproof/dp/B07PPNY861

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

At what point did he regret thinking he could save 61 loose speakers like a falling wall?

3wvVFKg.png

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Seems like these aren't in Canada yet?  I assume they will be before long, but if anyone is particularly impatient, you can get their existing line of Flare speakers:

Normal: https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Bluetooth-Soundcore-Waterproof-Dustproof/dp/B07BHP4W36

Bigboi: https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Anker-Waterproof-Radiators/dp/B07F7VJN1G

Smol: https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Mini,Waterproof-Enhanced-Dustproof-Waterproof/dp/B07PPNY861

I wouldn't classify a 30 day wait a good time frame for the impatient ;)

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I wouldn't classify a 30 day wait a good time frame for the impatient ;)

Woah, yeah didn't even notice that.  Not sure what's going on, normally Amazon shipping is 1 week or (obviously) less if you have Prime, and on any item for which this isn't true, the text goes orange and says "available in x weeks" or something like that.

24 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Woah, yeah didn't even notice that.  Not sure what's going on, normally Amazon shipping is 1 week or (obviously) less if you have Prime, and on any item for which this isn't true, the text goes orange and says "available in x weeks" or something like that.

They are putting non essentials aside for a later date based on date of order (doesn't mean they won't ship sooner, just unlikely). Stupid part of this is if you are in quarantine and your rice cooker dies and that is your only source of cooking things, you're screwed, because according to amazon cooking apparatuses as such are not essential... Nor are the accessories, which has me currently running around locally trying to get one (accessories) hopefully before the weeks end w/o possible going into hot spots of the virus outbreak (aka Toronto)

Yet you can buy a $2100 gaming laptop and get it in a week or sooner because "reasons" https://www.amazon.ca/Asus-Gaming-17-3â€-GeForce-i7-9750H/dp/B07QLNXS9H/

Well I guess you could run furmark and cook on it...

Hey guys, anyone have information on how Anker achieved this? I mean conceptually i kind of understand that they set up a mesh, but how did they get the latency so low? I mean this is absolutely fascinating to me. If there is a paper or any resource that anyone has on this, could you please share?

Thanks in advance

What's the way to set something like this up without having to charge 100 speakers daily?

17 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

What's the way to set something like this up without having to charge 100 speakers daily?

use wall powered speakers?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

So what happens to the epic ton of free stuff Linus and crew get?  Keep hoping they would start selling some of the free loot at a discount for us normals who want all the toys too.

53 minutes ago, kingdom2000 said:

So what happens to the epic ton of free stuff Linus and crew get?  Keep hoping they would start selling some of the free loot at a discount for us normals who want all the toys too.

Some of it gets sold on ebay, given away or what not.

This is the link in the videos description: https://s.krpax.com/r/579N2u which is only for US, so I hope for the sake of things it's not being shipped from Canada threw LMG because not including Canada in that case would only make me less inclined in buying their product as:

• 5. Prizes in this giveaway may have been used by Linus Tech Tips to create their video.

Equally... after Linus' fumble 😅

• 9. Prizes cannot be refunded, returned or exchanged.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:53 AM, Bramimond said:

You could get a ton of USB cables and chargers and just keep them all plugged in at all times, but obviously this video is about the novelty and joke factor rather than a practical full-home setup.  If you wanted a cohesive, unified music system throughout the house, you'd install speakers in the ceiling and/or walls and cable them all together (inside the walls) so it could be controlled by one central location.  There's some flexibility in the specifics of how one would go about this, but that's the gist.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, Egg-Roll said:

They are putting non essentials aside for a later date based on date of order (doesn't mean they won't ship sooner, just unlikely). Stupid part of this is if you are in quarantine and your rice cooker dies and that is your only source of cooking things, you're screwed, because according to amazon cooking apparatuses as such are not essential... Nor are the accessories, which has me currently running around locally trying to get one (accessories) hopefully before the weeks end w/o possible going into hot spots of the virus outbreak (aka Toronto)

Yet you can buy a $2100 gaming laptop and get it in a week or sooner because "reasons" https://www.amazon.ca/Asus-Gaming-17-3â€-GeForce-i7-9750H/dp/B07QLNXS9H/

Well I guess you could run furmark and cook on it...

Do you watch Louis Rosmann? In a video yesterday he showed that Amazon are still shipping Dildos on next day delivery but a clothes line has a 2 week wait. Pretty fucking stupid.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

19 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Do you watch Louis Rosmann? In a video yesterday he showed that Amazon are still shipping Dildos on next day delivery but a clothes line has a 2 week wait. Pretty fucking stupid.

Fun fact, Dildos could be seen as a tool for preventing the other pandemic that the world is currently under ;) Anything Sexual should still have regular delivery times due to this esp self pleasure devices and condoms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_HIV/AIDS

This video made me realize I have PTSD. I had to open and setup 60 iPads once. When I started it was awesome. 10 iPads in I hated plastic, cardboard, boxes, cutting, Apple.....

Opening a bunch of cool stuff isn't as cool as it sounds.

• 1 year later...

First off let me apologize for necro'ing a dead thread. But I would like to get something off my chest. 

I bought 1 of these based on your recommendation. By all accounts it is a good speaker. Sound quality and volume are good and those are what I need as Im using it on a loud factory floor. But I also need it to last 8 hours. At 100% volume with baseboost off ive gotten right around 4 hours. 4... hours. Like in the intro you parrot claims by the manufacturer about 12 hour play time. But after voicing my problem with Anker, they said that if I wanted to get to `12 hours I have to reduce volume to 60%. Are you kidding me?

I honestly don't know what I hoped to gain from posting this. Honestly the content you guys put out is fair and un-biased but in this case it really doesn't seem to be. I mean I'm not going to stop watching LTT. But I will likely value your review less. Which sucks because I've had high regards to LTT product reviews for a long time. 

And let me say I don't think LTT or Linus intended to deceive or mislead just to get a little cash from Anker. 

So yea, I don't know what I hoped to accomplish. I'm not really asking LTT to do anything really. I guess it was venting my frustration about a product to someone who recommended the product in the first place.