[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I'm probably seeming stupid here but.. install via USB drive?? How does that work?

Off the top of my head, i think it's literally the same thing.

Just with a USB not a CD

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Theres about a 10ºc difference between all the panels on and all the panels off. 

Search "creating a windows bootable usb" (it's very easy to do).

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER install drivers off a cd. Go to the manufacturer's website and download current drivers. 

Apparently you need good internet and I don't have that. :P

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Apparently you need good internet and I don't have that. :P

You need good internet to download the .iso and the drivers just as much as you need good internet to download any games/programs you're going to be using. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You need good internet to download the .iso and the drivers just as much as you need good internet to download any games/programs you're going to be using. 

Although I wouldn't be done downloading 20GB in one day, and resuming downloads on chrome is iffy, it's not like the stable resume that Steam has

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Although I wouldn't be done downloading 20GB in one day, and resuming downloads on chrome is iffy, it's not like the stable resume that Steam has

torrent a windows 8.1 .iso, you can spend days downloading it, and drivers aren't that large. 

You also could use anther computer (one with a disc drive) to burn the w8.1 disc onto a bootable usb. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How is airflow on this case.

And without an optical drive, how do you install an OS, and other driver CDs, lol..

if you have an optical drive already you could always buy a drive caddy and turn the drive into a usb drive and do it that way 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Will changing the fans in the case to noctua ones better cool the case in priority of sound produced? As in quieter. My radiator fans get pretty noisy at full rpm if i want more effective cooling..but just wondering whether noctua fans can solve the sound problems.

more than likely, you'll get a quieter build depending on which fans purchased.

best thing would be to slow down the stock fans. attaching the fans to a splitter

and then to your motherboard to slow them down or using a speed reducer.

Hi~! Just recently build my H440 rig haha....just wanna share it! =D

post-75808-0-90822100-1418920179.jpg

Still considering to switch all my fans to noctua ones..hope you guys can give me an insight on which fans(airflow/static pressure) for which position haha. TQ!

I´m Planning to replace some of the front and top pannel with some mesh to get better temps.

Does anybody have some experience with that kind of Case mod?

Hello everyone! It appears as though I will be getting the black and orange H440 for Christmas! I really love the case and all its features from all the YouTube reviews I've watched on it. However, I am aware that the one downside this case seems to have is airflow because of the restrictive vents at the front and top of the case. I will be moving all of my components out of the Define R4 I have currently and into my new H440 when I get it. Since I don't have much more I want to buy for my build, I wouldn't mind dumping a little money into my new case for some improved cooling fans. I was looking at getting three Noctua fans for my front intake. I was looking at either the F12s or P12s as I know static pressure is important in this area because of the restrictive vents. I know the F12s have higher static pressure but still good airflow and the P12s have higher airflow but still good static pressure... My question is, would the F12s or the P12s be better in this area? I know the difference will probably be minor but I want to invest in the best option here. Also, I will be removing most of the HDD cages since I have two SSDs I plan to mount below the motherboard.

Also, I know this question has probably been asked before, but I have searched through many pages of this thread and cannot find it...

Hello everyone! It appears as though I will be getting the black and orange H440 for Christmas! I really love the case and all its features from all the YouTube reviews I've watched on it. However, I am aware that the one downside this case seems to have is airflow because of the restrictive vents at the front and top of the case. I will be moving all of my components out of the Define R4 I have currently and into my new H440 when I get it. Since I don't have much more I want to buy for my build, I wouldn't mind dumping a little money into my new case for some improved cooling fans. I was looking at getting three Noctua fans for my front intake. I was looking at either the F12s or P12s as I know static pressure is important in this area because of the restrictive vents. I know the F12s have higher static pressure but still good airflow and the P12s have higher airflow but still good static pressure... My question is, would the F12s or the P12s be better in this area? I know the difference will probably be minor but I want to invest in the best option here. Also, I will be removing most of the HDD cages since I have two SSDs I plan to mount below the motherboard.

Also, I know this question has probably been asked before, but I have searched through many pages of this thread and cannot find it...

I really wouldn't worry that much about the airflow of it..... While it's not great, it's really not bad. MY temperatures are about 10ºc higher with all the panels on vs. all the panels off. So, the "poor" airflow of the H440 won't really get in the way (i.e. if temperatures were fine in a case without a resritctive airflow, then temps will also be fine in the H440. 

P.s. the Define R4 doesn't have much better airflow than an H440. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

hi all in a rush si ill be quick looking at ordering nzxt led

question is 1 or 2m

never mind i ordered 2m

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Any one notice how loud the hard drive are in tis case

To give power to my fans, all I do is give power to the molex? And is it possible to remove the fan headers from the controller?

To give power to my fans, all I do is give power to the molex? And is it possible to remove the fan headers from the controller?

yeah and i moved my fans from the controller on the back to the headers on the board

Should I upgrade my CPU???

I have,

nzxt h440

Xfx ts 550

R9 290

8gb corsair vengeance

Asrock 990fx extreme 4

Kingston 60 gb ssd

1tb hd

And a sickly OC'ed   FX 6300 5 GHz

Ekwb custom loop 360 rad

Oc specs

Bus speed 210

Multiplier 24x

1.5 volt

CPU gets at most 54C

What should I upgrade?? the PC already does anything with ease.  everything I play @ ultra 1080p and most titles around 60fps.

Maybe an new CPU like the 9570 or going towards the blue team, maybe 4790k. Or should I just stick with my sickly OC'd FX 6300.

Anyway here's my current h440 build.

post-120180-0-90892900-1420036685_thumb.

post-120180-0-91665100-1420036691_thumb.

post-120180-0-45047400-1420036697_thumb.

post-120180-0-19061200-1420036702_thumb.

post-120180-0-46829800-1420036706_thumb.

post-120180-0-48425900-1420036711_thumb.

post-120180-0-28703900-1420036715_thumb.

post-120180-0-23068300-1420036720_thumb.

Should I upgrade my CPU???

I have,

nzxt h440

Xfx ts 550

R9 290

8gb corsair vengeance

Asrock 990fx extreme 4

Kingston 60 gb ssd

1tb hd

And a sickly OC'ed   FX 6300 5 GHz

Ekwb custom loop 360 rad

Oc specs

Bus speed 210

Multiplier 24x

1.5 volt

CPU gets at most 54C

What should I upgrade?? the PC already does anything with ease.  everything I play @ ultra 1080p and most titles around 60fps.

Maybe an new CPU like the 9570 or going towards the blue team, maybe 4790k. Or should I just stick with my sickly OC'd FX 6300.

Anyway here's my current h440 build.

I'd go up to an 8350 or something, no reason to really stray away from AMD yet.

I'd also include that 290 in your loop, it'll help a lot

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

I'll probably get an EKWB block for My r9 290. But im stil considering acrylic tubing so ill what for that. And if ill stay with AMD I'm getting the 9590

I have a question related to the fans. Has anyone found a fan controller to put into the H440? i have seen the Grid+ but that one is bulkier than id like. Also has anyone found a way to control the case fan speeds?

I have a question related to the fans. Has anyone found a fan controller to put into the H440? i have seen the Grid+ but that one is bulkier than id like. Also has anyone found a way to control the case fan speeds?

I use a Grid+, and you're right, it is a bit bulky. But i just put it on the bottom where it's hidden and it doesn't bother me :)

use the motherboard for fan control. nuttin' to buy, but splitters and/or extensions.

is there a way to use a cpu or system header to supply the power to the controller???

is there a way to use a cpu or system header to supply the power to the controller???

if using PWM input for speed control, the gelid PWM splitter is best. takes PSU

power and allows the motherboard to control the fans through the UEFI. or a

simple fan splitter to two-three fans per header (motherboard has onboard

power supply for fans)