How do I install Windows 8 from a Windows 10 machine?

nieblas008

Hi guys, hope you can help me and not take much of your time.

Long story short but I need to install Windows 8.1 on my PC. I only have one drive, so I decided to partition it. I also downloaded the Windows 8.1 ISO from the Microsoft website and tried to launch it to put it on a USB. It does not work. I enter a valid license key but it does not let me continue at that point. I also have noticed that it already shows a a Windows 10 ISO USB would show on the file explorer, so I tried copying all that on to the USB and boot from it, but it still does not work. Do you have any ideas of what am I missing or doing wrong? Windows doesn't really tell me any useful information.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help, I appreciate ya.

(also btw if anyone needs help in translation from English to Spanish or viceversa, hit me up, I'm a mexican native and just created a profile on fiverr)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thanks for letting me know. Lemme just try that and see how it goes.

11 minutes ago, nieblas008 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thanks for letting me know. Lemme just try that and see how it goes.

Why do you want to install an outdated, generally terrible OS?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

10 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Why do you want to install an outdated, generally terrible OS?

Probably for compatibility, or testing, regardless, it still properly supported, and the OP is dual booting

Better if you just do a vm install.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Better if you just do a vm install.

Maybe for the drive space usage, but not for much else. Like said, its still supported and running native OS is less resource-hungry than VM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv