4900HS - First benchmarks at Hardwareunboxed

LukeSavenije
1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

so i was waiting on anandtech's review, and.... well...

Oops.

Though AMD had planned to get these benchmarks out a couple of weeks ago but Corona messed up distribution. 

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

HEY GUYS

13 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

so i was waiting on anandtech's review, and.... well...

I wish there was a sad/angry emote for both these... If for slightly different reasons heh.

Anyways AMD moving embargos at the last second? Nothing new there at all... (ok, don't hate me, I know Intel's gotten worse with it as well recently, but AMD is still the king/queen of shitty/rushed notice/treatment of creators)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

mmmhhhhh replace my MBP with the Zephyrus...

as thick, more power, slightly larger trackpad, better screen, actual cooling O.O, but have to give up on MacOS... which i haven't been actively using for years now. 

This might be the time to make the change. Can't believe it will even cost me less than what i spent on the Mac back then (2500)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

well, now I want to change out my 3500U hp probook g445R g6. get one with 4th gen mobile for more cores and threads along with better graphics.

I hope AMD allows more than 2gb of vram to be carved away from system ram. Dual monitors meant all my VRAM was gone and games suffered.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

If this is a sign to come, looks like my next laptop will (hopefully) be AMD Zen 3 + high end RTX 3000 (if such a combo exists or AMD gets their head out of their asses for mobile GPUs)

5 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Zen2 doesn't mean shit if the idle/video load power isn't also dropped down to be competitive with Intel's current offerings, and that hasn't been tested yet afaik. That was all I was saying.

I hope they get it down, but point is the high-level operation stuff is far less relevant to 95% of the market than the idle/low load usage capabilities.

If they get it down, then these chips will be gods amongst men. If not, it's almost straight up DOA.

AFAIK Zen2+ and above it can sip negative volts it's so low. :D