Do you buy your music?

Hikaru12

Topic title says it all. I haven't bought any of my music because I usually download music off of YouTube and listen to the same things. I recently just got Spotify and now it's allowing me to listen to new artists that I will probably buying some CD's from. My main quell with buying CD's are that the artists aren't getting the money and it's all going to to these big recording companies that get rich off of someone's work. If the artist is independant like a lot of beat makers I follow on YT and Bandcamp, then I'll usually just buy their music off of their pages.

Spotify is soooo good.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I'ma bad boi

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Nope. I use Google Play Music and just download it off of there.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I listen to really, really obscure music for the most part. Like, stuff that's so old the copyright's run out (if it ever had any) or is played by myself or someone on Youtube or someone I know so I couldn't buy it if I wanted to. For that reason "download" is probably the most applicable, although some of it is ripped from really old LPs or from recordings I've done myself lol

Neither. Like the other posters, I just use spotify. There are tons of songs, it's on demand, cheap (heck, it's free if you don't mind the ads) all that and more.

It's much cheaper than buying songs off itunes, and much easier too, because all you have to do is type the name of a song and you're good to go. I admit I used to pirate songs, but now i'm too lazy and I'd much rather just use spotify. It's easier, faster, and usually higher quality (the quality on spotify far surpasses youtube videos, and I'd say it's about as good as the 190kbit itunes AAC songs)

This is against CoC

Depends on if the op is talking about piracy or the multiple streaming services that are available..

Nvm just seen the poll. Piracy smh -.-

I use google access.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

soundcloud.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I just listen to songs on YouTube.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I just listen to songs on YouTube.

come on man. Just use spotify. Sounds so much better than on youtube. Youtube sound quality is absolute junk. 

soundcloud.

I admit soundcloud is really nice. 

This is against CoC

Actually it isn't, askring where to download music and stuff it but not discussing it.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I've never purchased a track or album. Most of my songs are free mixtapes anyway.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Listen to stuff on youtube. Got a 1000+ playlist for mostly EDM music. 

I buy music digitally if I like it.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Download them off of Youtube, Which in fact is not illegal. The illegal part of "piracy" is then uploading it or sharing it with someone else. If you download it but do not upload what you downloaded it is perfectly legal. That is why the site is considered illegal, as it's P2P, as you download you upload to other users. So downloading off of Youtube is no different then playing music on Youtube. Except you save it for listening to later.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I used to buy physical CDs, but I buy most of my music digitally from a website called 7Digital.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I need to start buying CDs instead of MP3 though, Amazon been given very weird bitrates, also CDs are cool.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Download them off of Youtube, Which in fact is not illegal. The illegal part of "piracy" is then uploading it or sharing it with someone else. If you download it but do not upload what you downloaded it is perfectly legal. That is why the site Pirate Bay is considered illegal, as it's P2P, as you download you upload to other users. So downloading off of Youtube is no different then playing music on Youtube. Except you save it for listening to later.

So is not illegal, but you're also not supporting the artist either. Also not to mention the quality of YT is terrible.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Download them off of Youtube, Which in fact is not illegal. The illegal part of "piracy" is then uploading it or sharing it with someone else. If you download it but do not upload what you downloaded it is perfectly legal. That is why the site Pirate Bay is considered illegal, as it's P2P, as you download you upload to other users. So downloading off of Youtube is no different then playing music on Youtube. Except you save it for listening to later.

Not really true. The download/upload thing is a grey area, but you don't upload or download anything to/from TPB. TPB is just an index, and in the EU at least, it's been ruled that just linking people to where they can find illegal stuff is not illegal. That's part of the reason why some EU countries (try to) block access to TPB, but we haven't heard anything about prosecutions in a long time.

So is not illegal, but you're also not supporting the artist either.

Youtube has supported an artist enough, It has also been proven that since piracy has taken place profits have gone up.

Not really true. The download/upload thing is a grey area, but you don't upload or download anything to TPB. TPB is just an index, and in the EU at least, it's been ruled that just linking people to where they can find illegal stuff is not illegal.

I am aware that it is an index, that is why I mentioned P2P, If you do not upload you are not in the wrong. They are. Thats the gray area and thats awesome

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Spotify just doesn't have some of the stuff you can find on Youtube and soundcloud... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I am aware that it is an index, that is why I mentioned P2P, If you do not upload you are not in the wrong. They are. Thats the gray area and thats awesome

I'm not convinced that's a thing. Maybe that's how it is in the US/Canada, but over here I'm pretty sure downloading it is illegal too. Fortunately nobody really cares/can do anything about it here in the UK because there was a statement in the queen's parliamentary address effectively saying "you can't equate an IP address with a person". All they can do is block access to TPB.