Do you buy your music?

Hikaru12

Youtube has supported an artist enough, It has also been proven that since piracy has taken place profits have gone up.

If people do what you do and just download songs off YouTube and have no intentions of buying the music, then no, profits have not gone up.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

have no intentions of buying the music

That's the crucial part surely; at worst there is no impact on profits if the person had no intention of buying the music anyway.

I'm not convinced that's a thing. Maybe that's how it is in the US/Canada, but over here I'm pretty sure downloading it is illegal too. Fortunately nobody really cares/can do anything about it here in the UK because there was a statement in the queen's parliamentary address effectively saying "you can't equate an IP address with a person". All they can do is block access to TPB.

I was informed by my old teacher, He is in the media business and has studied it and the laws around it intensely. 

If people do what you do and just download songs off YouTube and have no intentions of buying the music, then no, profits have not gone up.

Since piracy has been around profits have grown, if you don't want to believe that then that is up to you. As for the "no intentions" part of that reply, If I had money surely I would buy the music. But in my life that is  just not going to happen any time soon.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I steal a lot but buy it I it's a new/indie/under-appreciated artist 

with the amount of stuff I have, I'd probably have to sell my house to pay for it. 

Error: 410

all three.

I buy CDs when i want to listen to them in my car, I have an old car :(

If I want to get something I will get it.

If I want to support the artist I will either pay for the format itself (either digital or physical) or buy their merch.

If I can't get buy it, I'll torrent it and buy some of their merch.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

i use youtube playlists, but i dont download them since thats not right

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The thing is, Spotify cost money to use on a mobile device if you haven't jailbroken / rooted your phone. 

you can still use spotify for radio if you don't have a subscription. And on tablets now, you can use spotify just like on the computers with on demand (they released an update a couple weeks ago to let you use it fully for FREE on tablets)

Spotify just doesn't have some of the stuff you can find on Youtube and soundcloud... 

true. But in order of preference, I will first try to find a song on spotify and then if I can't, I'll look on soundcloud, and if I can't even find it there, i'll look on youtube (because youtube SQ is shit)

Currently 95% of my music isnt legit, when i get a job i do plan on putting 15$ aside each week that im going to use to legitly buy my music :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I use Spotify for most music, but I sometimes buy MP3's from artists on Soundcloud, and on rare occasions I still buy CD's.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

true. But in order of preference, I will first try to find a song on spotify and then if I can't, I'll look on soundcloud, and if I can't even find it there, i'll look on youtube (because youtube SQ is shit)

I usually go the highest bit rate possible on YT. I'm somewhat of a audiophile myself, so if it sounds good I buy it and get the highest possible quality file version. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I usually go the highest bit rate possible on YT. I'm somewhat of a audiophile myself, so if it sounds good I buy it and get the highest possible quality file version. 

720p and over (no difference with 1080p, 4k or whatever) has the highest bitrate on youtube at 192kbps and it uses AAC. Spotify has 320kbps but I don't know what type of files it uses. It's just that for some reason a lot of the time even HD songs on youtube sound like crap, either because the source is bad, or the uploader just doesn't know how to have a high quality audio file on youtube (probably recorded from onboard audio or something horrible like that)

This is against CoC

its not really

there are free legal ways to listen to music including youtube, spotify and pandora to name a few

Do you buy air?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I buy 12 inch vinyls. 

I use Spotify most of the time but on the go.. i grap my ipod and download some Tiesto or Armin podcasts and i'm good to go

I'd like to support the artists, but for now my only option is to play music trough YouTube. Can't buy much media when you're poor...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Nope. I use Google Play Music and just download it off of there.

Don't you have to buy it to download from Google Play?

Anyway, OP. There should be more options for the poll. I buy music, sometimes I use spotify and sometimes I just listen on YouTube, so I guess the answer is both.

I'd like to support the artists, but for now my only option is to play music trough YouTube. Can't buy much media when you're poor...

This. I hate it when people just think pirates are bad people. I pay for every game I play, but after that I don't have any money to get films or music. If I had the money I would pay for them, provided they were a reasonable price.

I buy the occasional CD but usually just listen to Youtube.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

This. I hate it when people just think pirates are bad people. I pay for every game I play, but after that I don't have any money to get films or music. If I had the money I would pay for them, provided they were a reasonable price.

Not sure about films, but as for music (mainly for smaller artists), it is reasonably priced in the perspective of an artist. Smaller artists couldn't probably live with smaller income after lowering prices, but the bigger ones could still easily make money due to popularity.

In my perspective: prices may or may not be reasonable for media, but it's that we're not all lucky enough to be as wealthy as others and because of that, not all people can afford media, so some people choose pirating, some people save all they can, and the rest just have to deal with not having media. Media is not essential for life, but it does feel discriminating for the poorer people to not be able to afford extra stuff what others can.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

for music I buy are normally cd's or digital ones.

pretty much else I make my own.

Live your life like a dream.

Don't you have to buy it to download from Google Play?

Anyway, OP. There should be more options for the poll. I buy music, sometimes I use spotify and sometimes I just listen on YouTube, so I guess the answer is both.

Well, I use my brother's account so I can use it for free. It is free to download, but you have to pay $10 USD/month to use the service.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.