Xbox one X Vs PS4 pro

Koaz42944

Who is better PS4 pro or Xbox one X ?

( Price,games prices,performance,exclusives )

Considering ps5 and the new xbox are launching this year it's not a good time to buy them. If you do want one buy the cheapest option as getting a pro model for better performance whilst the new ones are coming out is quite silly. Also you just said you didn't like the prices of console games.

It’s mostly personal preference, they each have exclusive games but you can get some Xbox games on pc. Also If you already own an older Xbox or PlayStation, you can use some games or controllers and there are other benefits of the ecosystem.

In terms of performance the One X is faster but is more expensive. It’s not exactly a fair comparison.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

OOF.... The never-ending argument of console gamers.

Your question is very subjective. What kind of games do you like? Do the exclusive titles for the PS4 line up with your taste in games more than the One X? Vice versa? How does the controller of the Xbox feel in your hands compared to the PS4? Which UI do you like better? 

Both have 8 core AMD Processors, both support some form of 4K gaming. In my eyes, its six of one, half a dozen of the other. Prices on most AAA titles remain the same across both platforms. So I hate to say it but this is a question I dont think anyone here is going to give you a solid answer on. 

Best of luck

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Ps4 pro is usually cheaper. At least where I live. Ps4 in my opinion has better exclusives. 

Xbox one X trumps in the power department. Xbox has usually better free games on their subscription service. But generally games are around the same price.

If you have a fairly good PC in can't see the point of owning an Xbox. You can get the same games cheaper on a PC.

If you're planning on getting the new xbox or ps5, I suggest looking at used PS4 Pro/ xbox one x. Or get a standard PS4. Cheap and all the games work just as fine. 

As others have said, it really comes down to games library.   The XBox One X is definitely more powerful than the PS5.   However, in my own opinion and nobody else...  The PS library of exclusive games is far stronger.   Any game that I would want to play that is an XBOX exclusive, I can play on a PC.  Sony doesn't make all their exclusives for PC. 

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

As others have said, it really comes down to games library.   The XBox One X is definitely more powerful than the PS5.   However, in my own opinion and nobody else...  The PS library of exclusive games is far stronger.   Any game that I would want to play that is an XBOX exclusive, I can play on a PC.  Sony doesn't make all their exclusives for PC. 

Xbox has 4K blu ray too. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, Koaz42944 said:

Xbox has free online gaming so I gonna choose it

No it doesn't.   To play MP games you have to have XBOX Live.

Sony does not require PS PLus for paid subscriptions games and if I remember correctly F2P games as well.  For normal games, you do have to have PS Plus

14 minutes ago, Koaz42944 said:

Who is better PS4 pro or Xbox one X ?

( Price,games prices,performance,exclusives )

Performance - Xbox One X. The 12 gb ram and more powerful GPU give the xbox one x an advantage in this category. I wouldn’t say it’s enough to be a decider over another option.

Games/Exclusives - This depends on your personal preference. I personally prefer the PS4 Pro’s lineup of exclusives better than the Xbox. Also if you have a pc you can pretty much play all future and some present Xbox exclusives. In terms of third party games. The Xbox One X gets generally better performance, but as I said, I don’t believe the difference is enough to completely sell the system. Game Pass is a pretty cool service if you’re into that sort of thing. PS Now is also good, but not up to the level of Game Pass.

Price - The Xbox One X is currently about 20 USD cheaper on Amazon at around 323 dollars. The PS4 Pro is 349 USD. I believe that generally the Xbox One X also has better sales around holiday in terms of hardware, but the PlayStation store has had some killer deals since last year, so game price is another factor to watch out for.

Edit - The price of the Xbox One X is normally 499.99, but I’m not sure when/if the price will go back up so included current pricing.

Overall - Ultimately the decision lies with you. I would personally choose the PS4 Pro, but that’s mainly just because most of my buddies have a PS4 and I enjoy the exclusives far more than the Xbox exclusives. I would say pick the one where you either have more friends on, or pick the one that has games that look more fun to you, because the games are the ultimate reason for owning a console.

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Xbox has 4K blu ray too. 

I was only talking about gaming library and my preferences.  Both consoles have a 4K blu ray drive.

1 minute ago, Koaz42944 said:

Paid to play online ?

WTF SONY

Do some reading about whats going on with Warzone as well. Warzone does not require PS Plus to play, but last I heard on Tech Radar the Xbox requires Xbox Live Gold to play 

Lots of titles available for Xbox are also available on PC, as well as some titles offering a Play Anywhere feature, where you could purchase the game on the Xbox, and also be able to play it on your PC.

PS4 has better exclusive titles in my personal opinion. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Both XBox and PS requires paid subscriptions (XBox Live or PS Plus) to play online games.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

I was only talking about gaming library and my preferences.  Both consoles have a 4K blu ray drive.

Nope, the PS4 Pro can't read 4k Bluray ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 minutes ago, Koaz42944 said:

Consoles works basically like printers

Are you just trolling now?  Trying to get the ire of console gaming? 

1 hour ago, PyroTheWise said:

The PS4 pro only has the standard drive same a the Xbone original and the PS4. The Xbone S and X have a 4K drive. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

11 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

The PS4 pro only has the standard drive same a the Xbone original and the PS4. The Xbone S and X have a 4K drive. 

I did not know that, thanks for the info.