Coronavirus risk?????

Mahbub

This is rather a weird question. I ordered a noctua nh u12 s on newegg. It said sold by official noctua store.. so i assumed it would come from Wein, Austria. Today when it was shipped i realized it will come from taiwan to hongkong then by plane to my city on 19th.. shoukd i cancel the order? Is it safe?

Not an expert, but I suppose if you are worried you could disinfect the fans and then wash your hands after throwing away the packaging. I don't think you need to cancel the order.

no they hold them so the virus lives its life without contact and dies, no chance it survives through the ocean or flight without getting the workers sick so they would be stopped

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

7 minutes ago, kintax said:

Not an expert, but I suppose if you are worried you could disinfect the fans and then wash your hands after throwing away the packaging. I don't think you need to cancel the order.

How to disinfect fans? N i guess fans are inside and the parcel is wrapped from outside.. i am planning to take the pack and spray pcb cleaner (which contains alcohol) onto the outer pack and then open it.. will that b enough?

7 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

no they hold them so the virus lives its life without contact and dies, no chance it survives through the ocean or flight without getting the workers sick so they would be stopped

Thanks

9 minutes ago, kintax said:

i am planning to take the pack and spray pcb cleaner (which contains alcohol) onto the outer pack and then open it.. will that b enough?

Just now, Mahbub said:

Thanks

its np man

i had the same worries when buying a chinese clone mech mod

did a days worth of research on what they do with the parcels

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

The question is do you really need it urgently? I know you want to know if YOU are safe and you probably are, but you are endangering others by making a lot of people walk around and move your product from A to B and so on. People around here are shutting everything down for a reason and everyone should think about keeping their activities to a minimum at least for a while. I know it sucks, but if you already ordered it I guess it doesn't matter. 

7 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

i am planning to take the pack and spray pcb cleaner (which contains alcohol) onto the outer pack and then open it.. will that b enough?

I really don't know. But once you install it in your computer, you're not touching it again. I wouldn't be too concerned, but that's just me. I think the other's advice of quarantining your package is fine too. You can look up how to sanitize and/or how long it survives on surfaces outside of a host. For example: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/coronaviruses-how-long-can-they-survive-on-surfaces#How-long-do-coronaviruses-persist?

Virus can't survive more than an hour or so on an object. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

The virus has a 2 to 12 hour life outside a hosts body so nothing to really worry about.

Just now, Kilrah said:

Still confused as hell.. wheather to cancel or accept

@Mahbub Covid-19 is spread by air not by touch..... when in doubt Lysol (or Clorox) is the answer.

Besides all packages are being put through quarantine atm regardless of the package.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

34 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

@Mahbub Covid-19 is spread by air not by touch..... when in doubt Lysol (or Clorox) is the answer.

Besides all packages are being put through quarantine atm regardless of the package.

What does "qurantine" mean? I mean like the package is coming to me within 3 days of ordering...

34 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

This might sound dumb.. but like cant the coronavirus be on the nh u12 box and then come to here thru flying off in the air..

Edited by SansVarnic
merged comments

the virus gets destroyed long before the package reaches you

Theres never really been a risk of getting it from a package.

If there was the entire world would already be infected. Packages from china have been coming in daily for months.

A person with the virus could lick the box and when you got it there would be no risk.

11 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

This might sound dumb.. but like cant the coronavirus be on the nh u12 box and then come to here thru flying off in the air..

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The virus has a 2 to 12 hour life outside a hosts body so nothing to really worry about.

22 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Source on this? Because current experiments show it can last for up to 3 days depending on the surface. Plastic and stainless steel is 3 days, cardboard is a day. The CDC mentions that while in most cases it will not be infectious after several hours following a sneeze depositing particulate matter it's still possible for it to infect someone a couple days later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-can-stay-infectious-for-days-on-surfaces/2020/03/12/9b54a99e-6472-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the virus gets destroyed long before the package reaches you

M afraid cz its reaching me within 3 days..

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

Theres never really been a risk of getting it from a package.

If there was the entire world would already be infected. Packages from china have been coming in daily for months.

A person with the virus could lick the box and when you got it there would be no risk.

Thanks..  i am planning to buy a bottle of lyzol.. and wipe the outer covering.. i mean the courier covering.. before i cut it..  do u suggest wiping the nh u12 box with the lyzol too? Or just wiping the outer shell is fine?

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Source on this? Because current experiments show it can last for up to 3 days depending on the surface. Plastic and stainless steel is 3 days, cardboard is a day. The CDC mentions that while in most cases it will not be infectious after several hours following a sneeze depositing particulate matter it's still possible for it to infect someone a couple days later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-can-stay-infectious-for-days-on-surfaces/2020/03/12/9b54a99e-6472-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

Should i cancel? Is it ok if i get the package and wipe it with lyzol before opening it? Or should i cancel?

24 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

This is not an airborne risk it's a droplet risk.  Airborne is far more serious than droplet.

Don't spread false information.

@Mahbub I suggest you read up on COVID-19 on the CDCs website.  If you're truly concerned about the packaging give it a wipe with a Clorox wipe. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/transmission.html

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

This is not an airborne risk it's a droplet risk.  Airborne is far more serious than droplet.

Don't spread false information.

@Mahbub I suggest you read up on COVID-19 on the CDCs website.  If you're truly concerned about the packaging give it a wipe with a Clorox wipe. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/transmission.html

Wont get clorox here.. but i have lyzol.. will that b ok?

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

Wont get clorox here.. but i have lyzol.. will that b ok?

That's fine. 

Proper hand hygiene and keeping your mitts away from your face; specifically your eyes, nose, and mouth will go along way in keeping you safe. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"