How much future proof is my RIG?

1 minute ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Sorry. Mate but I ain't in the mood of getting a PhD in PSUs would you please just tell me briefly If b700H has the chance of damaging my components over time?

possibly

there's not like a 100% chance, but what i wanted to show with that is that it's possible that the 5v rail gets a too high voltage because the controller sees 12v and 5v as one line.

a system like that is far beyond the limit that I'd recommend something group regulated

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

I have been trying to find pics but gigabyte is not the best company to buy anything from as they don't show you that much as some of the bigger names do. most of the PSUs from them only have 1-3 pics.

ehm... you do know those "bigger companies" use the same manufacturers for this kind of stuff?

3 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Sorry. Mate but I ain't in the mood of getting a PhD in PSUs would you please just tell me briefly If b700H has the chance of damaging my components over time?

I used 4 different aftermarket chargers for my laptop. It has been running since 10 years with close to 50k on hours total. Right now the charger is literally making a high pitch noise. Electricity is way too dynamic. So you can't really know what a component needs at that exact nanosecond so no psu is really spot on.

Really dependent on if a game ever gets upgraded graphics, then your build might fall behind. Otherwise, this build can go long. 

13 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

How about a Corsair CX 650 for that build?

check the tier list.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, tdkid said:

with a gold, platinum or titanium PSU (depending on who makes it of course) you are usually given a 10 year warranty or more with some of the name brands like EVGA and Corsair being modular in design so you don't have a limit on how many plug ins you can have with the lower tier ones like bronze and silver usually being that the cables are hardwired to the PSU like OPs. this is all depending on the manufacturer of the PSU.

This is mixing things up before putting it in the blender,  shaking it and serving it the public.