Spherical case?

Cupar19

Pretty quick question. Is there a spherical case, not made out of glass or anything like that but just a non see through sphere?

Id really like one but cant find any at all

Maybe a way to build one idk i just really want one. If anybody knows of anything that would be appreciated thanks 

We actually looked into that once when we were carrying PC cases.  Unfortunately, to make one that looks decent and fits standard components would have been very bulky and complex, so it's very unlike that one will ever be mass produced.  To get one, you'll most likely have to look for a custom manufacturer to make it.

1 minute ago, VIVO-US said:

We actually looked into that once when we were carrying PC cases.  Unfortunately, to make one that looks decent and fits standard components would have been very bulky and complex, so it's very unlike that one will ever be mass produced.  To get one, you'll most likely have to look for a custom manufacturer to make it.

I see, thanks for the advide

As a side note, the only thing I can think of the is the fictional GameSphere from Drake and Josh.

Image result for GameSphere gif

Which is technically a game console, but still. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

As a side note, the only thing I can think of the is the fictional GameSphere from Drake and Josh.

Image result for GameSphere gif

Which is technically a game console, but still. 

that thing actually looks kinsa cool

Inwin Winbot is a spherical case, although it is "glassy see through". Also, expensive as hell

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Also, expensive as hell

image.png.159c60417e701d20ae696d403c7af7ff.png

Pfft, thats it? Chump change! /s

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Forgot about that one!  The diameter is only 27".  If you don't like the glass look, spray paint it and put a BB-8 head on top. :)

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Inwin Winbot is a spherical case, although it is "glassy see through". Also, expensive as hell

i saw that, but its glass so would be hard to paint and would be a complete waste of $3500 lol.

The actual goal is to make a pc case that looks something along the lines of Image result for black 3.0  using black 3.0. However it doesnt looks as good on a flat surface as on a curved which is why i had the idea of a spherical  case

2 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

i saw that, but its glass so would be hard to paint and would be a complete waste of $3500 lol.

The actual goal is to make a pc case that looks something along the lines of   using black 3.0. However it doesnt looks as good on a flat surface as on a curved which is why i had the idea of a spherical  case

If it helps your cause at all, I believe the Winbot's sphere is acrylic. Still costs $3500 tho

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

If it helps your cause at all, I believe the Winbot's sphere is acrylic. Still costs $3500 tho

lol, i guess if i had $3500 it would but i was already thinking £15 for some paint was expensive so i dont think thats gonna happen

Hmm, maybe something like this will work:

Start with a micro-ATX or ITX cube PC case as a base.  Remove the panels.

Get a large acrylic globe (such as a 24" lamp post globe: https://www.lamppostglobes.com/24-Inch-White-Acrylic-Lamp-Post-Globe-with-919-Inch-Solid-Flange_p_388.html) large enough for the case to fit inside.

Cut the globe in half, and add whatever padding or reinforcement might be needed to fit the case inside.

Cut some ventilation and cable holes in an area somewhat out of sight.

Add some brackets and flush head screws to hold the globe halves together.

Paint the globe.

Put it all together.

Stand back and smile at the awesomeness.

Hey there, this is kinda interesting-looking:

ZBOX_IO520_PLUS_1-std.jpg?itok=gfdECuJCZBOX_IO520_PLUS_3-std.jpg?itok=Y4iMDOa0

ZOTAC ZBOX Sphere OI520

I should note that it's a barebones PC, however, and it is not a case. Also, I'm not sure what the selling price is, Amazon and Newegg both list it as out of stock.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

61uAtsbqLaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Source: Zotac

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

6 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there, this is kinda interesting-looking:

ZBOX_IO520_PLUS_1-std.jpg?itok=gfdECuJCZBOX_IO520_PLUS_3-std.jpg?itok=Y4iMDOa0

ZOTAC ZBOX Sphere OI520

I should note that it's a barebones PC, however, and it is not a case. Also, I'm not sure what the selling price is, Amazon and Newegg both list it as out of stock.

PC Specs:

Reveal hidden contents

61uAtsbqLaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Source: Zotac

I did see that but I couldnt find anywhere to buy it as you couldnt seem to, it looks pretty good if I could find it though thanks

9 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

Get a large acrylic globe (such as a 24" lamp post globe: https://www.lamppostglobes.com/24-Inch-White-Acrylic-Lamp-Post-Globe-with-919-Inch-Solid-Flange_p_388.html) large enough for the case to fit inside.

Cut the globe in half, and add whatever padding or reinforcement might be needed to fit the case inside.

Paint the globe.

Put it all together.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I might take a look at that thanks

23 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

Paint the globe.

Put it all together.

So ive decided to try something kinda different but based on this idea. I have an inflatable football with a diameter of 14" and im going to paper mache it.Then im going to cover that in layers of resin and then try and cut it in half. I honestly have no clue how well this will work if it will work at all but its much cheaper and i dont have much money for this. Then i plan on trying to build the computer straight into it rather than putting another case inside