No longer including products in the title of videos?

This video is specifically about the NexDock 2 yet it's not in the title. I get not putting the product name if you're going over multiple items, but I thought you all said that you were going to start adding product names again for searchability?

At this point, i think yourself and other people need to just open up to the fact that LTT has shifted from what it used to be. 

A tech focused YouTube channel, run by passion and fun, now a business focusing on maximising profit. 

You'll get the bullshit of them needing to do it to survive in the era of the 'YouTube algorithms', but it's just shite and a channel purely going after the clicks, views, and dollar bills yo.

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

It's in the description, and it also searchable if i'm not mistaken.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

30 minutes ago, wANKER said:

At this point, i think yourself and other people need to just open up to the fact that LTT has shifted from what it used to be. 

A tech focused YouTube channel, run by passion and fun, now a business focusing on maximising profit. 

You'll get the bullshit of them needing to do it to survive in the era of the 'YouTube algorithms', but it's just shite and a channel purely going after the clicks, views, and dollar bills yo.

I'm open to that, but they had a video that's probably not even a year old where they said they were going to start adding the products back in to the title and, as far as I'm aware, haven't made an announcement stating otherwise.

Also, they just did it 4 days ago on this video.

At the same time, didn't do it on this video from 4 days ago.

And one more for good measure, Shortcircuit did it yesterday as well.

This is the limitation of YouTube. You cannot blame LTT for capitalizing on what gets views. This is a sad issue with YouTube, informational titles and professional images mean nothing when YouTube pays based on Clicks and people in general click on these kinds of videos WAY more than the videos of old. Blame the parents and kids who are clicking on all the click bait video titles and pictures and buying all the stupid products that Other YouTubers panhandle for easy sponsorships ***Cough loot box websites Cough****

Based on a bunch of threads on the forum everyone seems like they just want the damn product name in the title. There's no argument against it. Everything they do now is clickbait BS with thumbnails that make me actively avoid the channel. There's no reason they couldn't do the clickbait title followed by the actual product name, which literally every other channel or news source does. If anything is just titled with "Holy shit this is amazing!" and it's just a picture of some dipshits face, I'm not watching it.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

This is the limitation of YouTube. You cannot blame LTT for capitalizing on what gets views. This is a sad issue with YouTube, informational titles and professional images mean nothing when YouTube pays based on Clicks and people in general click on these kinds of videos WAY more than the videos of old. Blame the parents and kids who are clicking on all the click bait video titles and pictures and buying all the stupid products that Other YouTubers panhandle for easy sponsorships ***Cough loot box websites Cough****

No, this is LTT's fault. Any other reviewer or news site/source has the clickbait title followed by the product name. Even JayzTwoCents has more than half of his videos have a descriptive title, the other half have a relatively descriptive thumbnail, and none of the thumbnails are as obnoxious as LTT.

So out of the 24 latest videos, LTT has ... 4... maybe? titles that actually give any product information or otherwise idea of what the video is about. Some have products shown and in idea that it might be about a topic, but is it the specific product or just the general topic? Who the hell knows? And it could just be personal, but I think all 24 thumbnails are obnoxious. Most of them are very non-specific.

I'd say Jay has at least 18 of his 24 titles blend clickbait along with what the actual content and/or product is. I'd say none of the thumbnails are overly obnoxious, and most of them are relatively descriptive.

#Muricaparrotgang

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

No, this is LTT's fault. Any other reviewer or news site/source has the clickbait title followed by the product name. Even JayzTwoCents has more than half of his videos have a descriptive title, the other half have a relatively descriptive thumbnail, and none of the thumbnails are as obnoxious as LTT.

Fair enough. But the size of the channels are also different and the view counts on some videos. It is safer to go Clickbait than to try and go against it.

7 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

Fair enough. But the size of the channels are also different and the view counts on some videos. It is safer to go Clickbait than to try and go against it.

LTT has 10m subs, Jay has 2. Yet Jay manages to average around 400k views per video. LTT's biggest videos perhaps ironically are Apple videos.

And again, there's no reason they couldn't put the product name after the clickbait.

It's not like someone who would click on the clickbait title won't because it has a product name after it.

#Muricaparrotgang

Because they at least included the product name in the video description and accompanying LTT forum thread, if you search 'Linus NexDock', you will at least find both the thread and video (at the moment of searching).

The thumbnail is descriptive enough if you know what you're looking for.

I don't like it, the way the titles are.. But not much I can do anymore. In the past I have made my opinion more clear on them, so now I just have a more objective view towards these sorts of threads.

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There's no argument against it. 

The only argument I have heard so far is 'give people limited information, to peak their interest/curiosity'.

The counter argument to that of course being "Oh, so you think your videos aren't interesting enough, so you have to drive in views through a 'you'll never guess what will happen next?!' way?"

Of course a better argument is "if we put limited information in the title, people won't have premade opinions on the video". But still that is weak as an argument.. So the main point will still be vague = you don't know if you will like it, so you'll have to watch it.

Or more likely, it's so you don't know what you're watching until you're two minutes in, so even if you have already seen a 'NexDock 2' video, you are already somewhat invested in the video and will keep watching it.

At least he name dropped the device three times in the first minute, two times before the ad spot.

P.S. shoutout to the backquote which made it into the video (at 1:03):

Spoiler

image.png.d351393614dacd8d0a28c78ecba7711f.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's mostly frustrating to me, because I've gone back to look for a video to see what a product was called, but it's not in the title so I can't ctrl+f and look for it (youtube's search sucks). So I have to scroll through the videos, find a video that might be about the thing that I want to look at, then click it it, check to make sure it is the video that I want, then go to the description.

That's dumb and a waste of my time.

I can forgive baity thumbnails, as I never have to think about it again after I click on it, but not being able to ctrl+f on their video page is super annoying.