ryzen 2600 duel or single channel

hey i just wanted to know if anyone can help me here since i have a single stick  of ram in my ryzen system and wanted to know if adding another stick of ram thus making it duel channel is better.

dual channel is better because it gives you more bandwidth. Performance goes up with more memory bandwidth, especially on Ryzen.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, thexplosivemuffin said:

hey i just wanted to know if anyone can help me here since i have a single stick  of ram in my ryzen system and wanted to know if adding another stick of ram thus making it duel channel is better.

The answer for that is no duh. Ryzen likey fast ram (especially the middle to higher end chips, such as the 2600 all the way to the 3950x)  and at LEAST 2 sticks of ram, Just make sure if you buy extra RAM to insert it correctly so your pc can utilize duel channel

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

is it ok if you can show me a video or some benchmarks. i believe you and thank you for the help but i want to see by how much of a difference.

6 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

The answer for that is no duh. Ryzen likey fast ram (especially the middle to higher end chips, such as the 2600 all the way to the 3950x)  and at LEAST 2 sticks of ram, Just make sure if you buy extra RAM to insert it correctly so your pc can utilize duel channel

is it ok if you can show me a video or some benchmarks. i believe you and thank you for the help but i want to see by how much of a difference.

1 minute ago, thexplosivemuffin said:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The problem with proving dual over single channel is you are adding more gb of ram adding another chip to make it dual channel. Plus certain things on pc like more ram, so depends on what you are doing. And is adding an extra 0.1second really adventageous.

1 minute ago, greenmax said:

The problem with proving dual over single channel is you are adding more gb of ram adding another chip to make it dual channel.

If you look at games, for example, which in most cases won't even use much ram- there's still a fair jump in performance.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

25 minutes ago, greenmax said:

The problem with proving dual over single channel is you are adding more gb of ram adding another chip to make it dual channel. Plus certain things on pc like more ram, so depends on what you are doing. And is adding an extra 0.1second really adventageous.

I swear I've seen a video somewhere comparing two 4 gig sticks to a single 8 gig stick, might have been hardware unboxed. Will update if I find it.

edit: I found a video, it's not an actual review just some comparitive footage

ok i will wait

13 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

I swear I've seen a video somewhere comparing two 4 gig sticks to a single 8 gig stick, might have been hardware unboxed. Will update if I find it.

4 minutes ago, thexplosivemuffin said:

ok i will wait

I edited my above post as you replied to it, found what seems to be a decent direct comparison video

edit: Finished watching the rest of the video and the results are quite large in some more memory intensive games but smaller in others, the 1% and .1% lows seem much better with 2 channels typically but average framerate doesn't seem as affected. I would still advise anyone playing new games to run dual channel now since ram isn't expensive like it used to be a few years back.