Music sounds really lopsided.

Gert
Go to solution Solved by Elven,

@Gert

Hey. As @CreepingMoth said. It was how it was recorded. If it really does bother you, I guess you could take the track and duplicate the track in another channel and reverse it  :lol:

So I have been listening to a lot of Beatles lately, but the instuments come from the left and the vocals come from the right. Is it my headphone the music itself. Is there and software or hardware fixes

Thanks, Gert

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

@Gert

Hey. As @CreepingMoth said. It was how it was recorded. If it really does bother you, I guess you could take the track and duplicate the track in another channel and reverse it  :lol:

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

This^^^

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If everything else sounds fine how can it be your headphones? Sorry just couldn't follow your logic..  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They didn't record music back then like today (drums have their own track down the middle, guitars each played separately left and right and center, bass & vocals down the middle). They likely just placed a microphone in the room and recorded all the instruments that way; just vocals had their own track.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Dozens, if not hundreds of books and articles have been written extolling (ironically!) the technique/artistry that resulted in the Beatles recordings, which are giving you lop-sided problems. Early Beatles (and Doors/Stones) recordings were done in mono. Around '66-67 four-track recording came into the scene; on the consumer side "the stereo hi-fi". Ppl didn't listen to (aside from the musicians tracking) to music with headphones back then. Hearing Abbey Road on headphones is IMHO some kinda felony! It's amazing though...listen to to the stereo recording with speakers at a proper distance and...whoa!

Being able to pan sounds hard left/right (with proliferation of stereo) was like...the difference between playing the black and white version of Pong (the one with the adhesive plastic) and playing crysis 9 with 100 SLI. That's an understatement too. Why? We (most of us) have 2 ears. So in the 60s when the tech came out, sound recordings could finally, after almost 70 years be heard...in stereo. Granted, a "true" stereo recording isn't tracked/panned; it's recorded live, usually with two mics in an "x/y" or "mid-side" technique.

4 tracks enabled the producer/musicians to explore sonic shit which was, well- a first for humankind. I can understand how that stuff would sound screwy in today's context.

Megadave is right- he's referring to the late 50s early 60s rec technique, made popular by Phil Spector with "the wall of sound".

That takes a ridiculous amount of skill, I couldn't imagine.

Recording engineers today have tried for decades to reproduce those classic recording styles; to the best of my know it's all "fail".

Try listening to the stuff thru speakers(?)

Also, it's cool panning those Beatles songs hard r/l, you can hear the instruments in the raw aka the antithesis of today's mega processed stuff