i wanna make a game is that weird?

therussianpotato

hey! i wanna make a simpel pc game! :D 

know enny good videos?/programs?

im not trying to make the nexst crysis but just some thing simpel for fun! :D

Game maker lite on steam is a good program for beginners :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

unity 3d is good for 3d games.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

If you want to make an extremely simple game, you could use Construct 2. They have some pretty good starter tutorials

What kind of game do you want to make? To make a complete game (complete, not complex) you need to have a lot of knowledges and resources. Even if you want to make something simple, if you want to make a 3D game that is somewhat decent, it takes programming, 3D/animation, game engine knowledge. Even with things such as Unity 3D you still need a great deal of knowledge.

What do you know, and what do you want to do?

This of course excludes very basic 2D games that you can make with visual editors and things like that.

What kind of game do you want to make? To make a complete game (complete, not complex) you need to have a lot of knowledges and resources. Even if you want to make something simple, if you want to make a 3D game that is somewhat decent, it takes programming, 3D/animation, game engine knowledge. Even with things such as Unity 3D you still need a great deal of knowledge.

What do you know, and what do you want to do?

This of course excludes very basic 2D games that you can make with visual editors and things like that.

i wanna make some sort of fps game 

If you don't have any experience, that might take quite a while. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

And what knowledege do you have of programming, 3D modeling, texturing, animating and that sort of thing? Developpment engines like Unity3D are pretty useful but they won't do all the job for you, it's primarly used to assemble your assets into a final usable products. You still need to make these assets ..

GameMaker by Yoyogames for 2D stuff and Unity3D for 3D stuff. I can't recommend them enough.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

My suggestion for you is to make a simple space invaders / pacman / tetris / pong clone at first.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

My suggestion for you is to make a simple space invaders / pacman / tetris / pong clone at first.

why i wanna make it good and i will put time in to it. and i wanna make some sort of fps game

I like making games,( like flash games) i started out using Scratch, a program from MIT. It is really simple and easy to learn (like 5 minutes for the basics) but if you want to make something more complex you might need to use tools like Unity 3D 

EDIT: scratch is only for 2d game rendering, a simler program Alice is also very simple and does 3d rendering but doesn't have any good graphics.

why i wanna make it good and i will put time in to it. and i wanna make some sort of fps game

You can't just start with such a big project, you need to learn by starting small and move on to bigger things, otherwise you'll just rage quit. 

Spoiler

You can't just start with such a big project, you need to learn by starting small and move on to bigger things, otherwise you'll just rage quit. 

okay im gonna prove you wrong! 

im gonna make some sort of game and your gonna play it and se for your self!

but dont have to high exspetations........ LOL

I feel the same way, i want to develop some apps for android or IOS but it really takes a lot of time and resources. After my studies I'm planning to go through with it but I do believe that is easier to start of with smaal stuff before you begin with the harder software. I'm working freelance photography and I started out with Iphoto nowadays I use lightroom/photoshop. I learned a lot by beginning with something simple and then started doing some complex things. 

In school they start with easy things before doing complex things, there is a reason behind that. Just try making a space invader or something. They you will know if you like it and you wouldn't waste time on something you wouldn't like in the end.

Computer: MacBookPro, Imac, PC to be build this year (2014)

Camera: Nikon D90, D200, D800, D7100 (Facebook: http://paradisethroughalens.blogspot.be)

Consoles: PS1, PS2, PS3 

I feel the same way, i want to develop some apps for android or IOS but it really takes a lot of time and resources. After my studies I'm planning to go through with it but I do believe that is easier to start of with smaal stuff before you begin with the harder software. I'm working freelance photography and I started out with Iphoto nowadays I use lightroom/photoshop. I learned a lot by beginning with something simple and then started doing some complex things. 

In school they start with easy things before doing complex things, there is a reason behind that. Just try making a space invader or something. They you will know if you like it and you wouldn't waste time on something you wouldn't like in the end.

its okay man i have always started the hard way like with C4D 

i did it my self 

and i dont mean to sound rude bro! 

but when i wanna do some thing i do it till my fingers bleed i dont give up :D

Well i wish you the best of luck on it, If you need testers I volunteer. 

i was gonna ask ahaha! 

and what do you think the game should be about?

Well we have a lot of futuristic shooters coming out. I see you are from Sweden, make like a ridiculous story about vinings with guns or something. I'm not a writer i'm a photographer and a soon to be teacher. 

Computer: MacBookPro, Imac, PC to be build this year (2014)

Camera: Nikon D90, D200, D800, D7100 (Facebook: http://paradisethroughalens.blogspot.be)

Consoles: PS1, PS2, PS3 

For 2D games if you're not scared of programming the XNA framework for Visual Studio is great. You can get the express version for Free I believe, and XNA 4.0 should be free as well. The downside is that the games will only run on Windows Machine, Windows phones if you do it right, and the Xbox 360. For simple 3D games Alice is a great place to start as it allows you to learn concepts for 3D games. Unity is a pretty good option as well, but more complicated. I'd start making 2D games first so you learn how to make games, and then wait till later to make 3D games.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

okay im gonna prove you wrong! 

Please do! :)

Spoiler