Mini Tower with good airflow / a lot of fan places

Deuxez

I thought i would look into a new pc case, and i really like the mini tower ones, as they are big enough for most thinks but also not in the way. The current one i have is the fractal design core 1000, and i love it. I like that it dont got any glass on the sidepanels. Another thing i like is the fan placement on the side panel, as it gets my gpu some fresh air (my gpu model got the WORST cooler ever and are really hard to keep quiet and cool, without the sidepanel fan). Something to know is that my mobo is a mATX.

The only problems i have with it is:

1st: Only got 2 places for 120mm fans. need a 90mm in the back.

2nd: Not really good for cable management.

3rd: Not any room for AIOs in the future. 

4th: not ANY sound dampening at all.

5th: it dont got any dust filters.

NEW CASE REQUIREMENTS:

More than 3 places for 120mm fans (at least 1 on the sidepanel blowing on the gpu as its hard to cool with stock cooler).

Room for at least 1x 240mm AIO OR 2x 120mm AIO

NO "see-through" side panel. Sleek design is also a +.

RGB is ok, but not too much.

NEW CASE OPTIONAL:

Sound dampening is a +.

Dust filters are also a + but not needed.

Cable management is a + but not REALLY needed.

So if anyone know of some case that meets most of my requirements let me know.

My pc specs:

Asrock a320m-hdv r3.0 (mATX)

r3 2200g

XFX rs RX 480 4gb

16gb 3200mhz ram

Edited by DankDeuxez

Trying to figure out what your requirements are.

There wasn’t a list so much as shortcomings of one case you looked at.

from what I can figure out they at least seem to be:

-mini tower

-side fan mount

-3+ 120mm fans one on side panel

-“good” cable management

-room for AIO

-sound dampening

-dust filters

Is this correct?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Trying to figure out what your requirements are.

There wasn’t a list so much as shortcomings of one case you looked at.

from what I can figure out they at least seem to be:

-mini tower

-side fan mount

-3+ 120mm fans one on side panel

-“good” cable management

-room for AIO

-sound dampening

-dust filters

Is this correct?

Ah yes. I didnt make it very clear. 

EDIT: edited the post, requirements can be seen there.

Looking at pcpartpicker there appear to be a couple options.  They all seem to want to have their 3.5mm drive cages removed though.  Also that “sound deadening” option is by far the biggest bit.  There are several older cases with impeded front air, which is one way sound deadening is done. All of them will want high static pressure 120mm fans up front.

It kinda sounds like what you’re looking for is a case from several years ago.  These are findable in the lower cost options.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

They all seem to want to have their 3.5mm drive cages removed though.

That wouldnt bother me. I mainly use an 2.5 SSD, tho i got 1 500gb HDD. I could probably just Lay that on the bottom of the case.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Looking at pcpartpicker there appear to be a couple options.  They all seem to want to have their 3.5mm drive cages removed though.  Also that “sound deadening” option is by far the biggest bit.  There are several older cases with impeded front air, which is one way sound deadening is done. All of them will want high static pressure 120mm fans up front.

It kinda sounds like what you’re looking for is a case from several years ago.  These are findable in the lower cost options.

You got any recommendations or something i should take a look at. I looked around myself but couldnt find any case that get sold within my country (sweden), and no one with the requirements. :,(

3 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

You got any recommendations or something i should take a look at. I looked around myself but couldnt find any case that get sold within my country (sweden), and no one with the requirements. :,(

Missed the Sweden bit.  I can check....

seeing:

coolermaster n200

rosewill fbm 01

theres 1 or 2 others that might do it too, but their pics don’t show what the inside of the front of the case looks like.  Also I can’t confirm screw mounting holes for the side fans on the ones I did mention.  I’m having to look at internet pics.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Missed the Sweden bit.  I can check....

ah you didnt miss it. I just forgot to mention it. It would be pretty useful to know.

There may be more.  I started at the low end of pricing and moved up till I started to see glass side panels.  There may be some more in there that I didn’t see.  

The N200 is a solid choice. Not many new cases come with side fans anymore :/ 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

13 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The N200 is a solid choice. Not many new cases come with side fans anymore :/ 

Yeah. I like it really much. It got lots of places for fans and i could probably fit an 240mm AIO in the front, tho the HDD cage might be in the way. It got a sidepanel fan mount right besides the GPU. And it also looks great, with the strip along the front panel. Might go buy it.