Need some help about unnecessary RAM usage!

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
37 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Hi, so I have a pretty new computer and I have 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM and I've installed few games and launchers like epic games and origin, steam etc and btw I have 3 antivirus and anti-malware

Kaspersky, Hitmanpro and Malwarebytes.

But my problem is even when I am running nothing, like no chrome tabs or even no game launchers, I still have atleast 3GB ram used when nothing is running.

Can any of you guys help me out??

Thanks!!??

Ummmmmmm...yeah. Delete at least two of those three anti-malware programs. The only one that might make sense to keep is Malwarebytes, but MB has become basically an aggressive piece of spyware itself.

Hi, so I have a pretty new computer and I have 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM and I've installed few games and launchers like epic games and origin, steam etc and btw I have 3 antivirus and anti-malware

But my problem is even when I am running nothing, like no chrome tabs or even no game launchers, I still have atleast 3GB ram used when nothing is running.

Thanks!!??

5 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

btw I have 3 antivirus and anti-malware

WOW!!!!! What a waste of resource!!!!

Only Windows defender is more than enough if you use your computer like a normal human being

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

14 minutes ago, Constantin said:

WOW!!!!! What a waste of resource!!!!

Only Windows defender is more than enough if you use your computer like a normal human being

Okay!

Its true tho, and also 3 seperate anti-virus isnt more safe. chances are they just interfere with each other. But if you like it like that who are we to tell you otherwise. ;)

As for the memory usage i would suggest opening taskmanager (SHIFT+CTRL+ESC) then click 'more details'  at the bottom. Then you can click the 'memory' tab to sort by most used memory, then you can check per programs what uses most memory.

But remember, Windows does have a lot of active processes that doe use memory, so that might be the reason the 3GB is used.

Besides all that, Windows takes care of your memory well neough to not worry, unless its getting close to the max if you're doing nothing special.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

37 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Thanks!!??

Ummmmmmm...yeah. Delete at least two of those three anti-malware programs. The only one that might make sense to keep is Malwarebytes, but MB has become basically an aggressive piece of spyware itself.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.