Will a gt 730 decrease the performance of ryzen 3400g?

Go to solution Solved by papajo,
20 hours ago, Azwad said:

I am using the 

"gigabyte b75m hd3"motherboard and 

"Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GZ"

As my processor

And idk about my ram 

But I am going to buy a g450m s2h 

I have a total budget of 250$ USD (I live in a different country)

Well you got me a little confused here...

Your first motherboard supports DDR3 and has only 2 slots = you either stay as you are or ditch the two sticks you already have and add two sticks of higher capacity if you want to increase that, there is no other way. 

The motherboard you are going to buy is a AM4 motherboard.. this means two important things

1) you cant use your current CPU with that motherboard its a different brand and generation.. you have to buy an AM4 compatible CPU (so AMD )

2) you cant use your current ram sticks since they are DDR3 and your motherboard supports DDR4 (totally incompatible with each other) and this one again has only two slots for ram... I advise you to buy a motherboard with 4 slots for future expansion unless you are totally sure 2 slots are good for you... 

So there isnt any decision to make you need to buy a new ram kit either way (and a new CPU if you are going to purchase that board). 

Hey so I I'm gonna buy a ryzen 5 3400g for my PC but I also have an extra gt 730. So should I put it together? Will it decrease the performance? Or will it increase the performance?

No, the APU will actually outperform the GT 730 by a mile. The best thing is to either toss the GT 730 or hold it in case you need additional monitor outputs. It won't hinder the performance but I would suggest not using it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I would keep the card, but only use it if you find that you need more display outputs. It won't perform anywhere near as well as the APU will. 

If you don't need intensive 3D rendering you could as well buy a better processor and then use the GT 730 (if you only need graphics adapter).

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Always keep that cheep card, incase something happened.

Or plug it in to add some display ports.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

No, the APU will actually outperform the GT 730 by a mile. The best thing is to either toss the GT 730 or hold it in case you need additional monitor outputs. It won't hinder the performance but I would suggest not using it.

I do kind of regular gaming I guess? So will it make my components overheat or something?

Don't use the gt 730, the apu is far superior in every way to that card (except for display outputs).

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

3400G is in some cases better than GT1030 and way better than GT730 so yes, don't bother with the 730.

Does motherboard affect my gaming? And will only using the CPU overheat everything and destroy my computer? Ik dumb question but still.

3 minutes ago, Azwad said:

Does motherboard affect my gaming? And will only using the CPU overheat everything and destroy my computer? Ik dumb question but still.

No, motherboard will not impact gaming and using it won't kill anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Azwad said:

No.

But having two sticks of RAM will help a lot if you run Dual Channel. Also the faster the RAM the better but if it gets expensive then having two sticks will still be a big improvement over just one stick.

2 hours ago, Azwad said:

Generally no but in a way it does... 

What do I mean by that? 

Memory(RAM) affects your gaming when you are using an APU you need DUAL channel and the fastest (in terms of frequency) and with the lowest latency clocks possible e.g a 3200 cl14 memory kit you also need kinda lot.. not because the APU is going to use it all but if you have only 8GB for example then your system (especially when browsing with multiple tabs) is going to use most of it and then there would be no spare for your APU.... 

So motherboard plays a role in the sense that it does need to support high frequencies for RAM and maybe have more than two slots (incase you already have 2 sticks of e.g 4GB each and instead of buying a new kit you would like to add an other 2 sticks ) 

17 hours ago, papajo said:

Generally no but in a way it does... 

What do I mean by that? 

Memory(RAM) affects your gaming when you are using an APU you need DUAL channel and the fastest (in terms of frequency) and with the lowest latency clocks possible e.g a 3200 cl14 memory kit you also need kinda lot.. not because the APU is going to use it all but if you have only 8GB for example then your system (especially when browsing with multiple tabs) is going to use most of it and then there would be no spare for your APU.... 

So motherboard plays a role in the sense that it does need to support high frequencies for RAM and maybe have more than two slots (incase you already have 2 sticks of e.g 4GB each and instead of buying a new kit you would like to add an other 2 sticks ) 

I already have 2x4gb Rams but I can buy 1/2 new 8 gb Ram(s) should I stick with my older 4x2 ram or should I buy 1/2 3200mgz 8g ram?

5 hours ago, Azwad said:

I already have 2x4gb Rams but I can buy 1/2 new 8 gb Ram(s) should I stick with my older 4x2 ram or should I buy 1/2 3200mgz 8g ram?

What kinda board you have? what are the clocks and speeds of your current ram ? 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

What kinda board you have? what are the clocks and speeds of your current ram ? 

I am using the 

As my processor

And idk about my ram 

20 hours ago, Azwad said:

I am using the 

As my processor

And idk about my ram 

Well you got me a little confused here...

Your first motherboard supports DDR3 and has only 2 slots = you either stay as you are or ditch the two sticks you already have and add two sticks of higher capacity if you want to increase that, there is no other way. 

The motherboard you are going to buy is a AM4 motherboard.. this means two important things

1) you cant use your current CPU with that motherboard its a different brand and generation.. you have to buy an AM4 compatible CPU (so AMD )

2) you cant use your current ram sticks since they are DDR3 and your motherboard supports DDR4 (totally incompatible with each other) and this one again has only two slots for ram... I advise you to buy a motherboard with 4 slots for future expansion unless you are totally sure 2 slots are good for you... 

So there isnt any decision to make you need to buy a new ram kit either way (and a new CPU if you are going to purchase that board). 

Ok sorry about that I was confused because I read only the response and I happened to have opened a thread about RAM sticks myself and thought it was in that thread you are the guy that wants to have an APU so yea buy 2(so that you will have dual channel speeds) very fast sticks of DDR4 RAM if the budget is for the ram only then you can buy a G.skill trident Z 3200 cl14 16GB kit (the cl number is important you will also see it in listings as c14 which is the same thing the "14" is what's important) it is the fastest memory you can buy with the money you are willing to spend as far as I am aware of. 

On 1/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, Azwad said:

Hey so I I'm gonna buy a ryzen 5 3400g for my PC but I also have an extra gt 730. So should I put it together? Will it decrease the performance? Or will it increase the performance?

It will definitelt decrease performance. the gt 730 is a low end card from 2013 that should not even be being sold in 2020.