App for streaming music from PC to my mate android?

Austin Powers

I was going to mention "best" on the title. But meh, I posted in this section because audiophiles know best about the detail of the music. Anyway, as title says. I wanted to stream musics from my PC to my friend android while he's working or going elsewhere.

Is this even a thing?

Great post, dipshit

OP, you can use IceCast, or VLC.

VLC is probably easier for a single client, but IceCast will do many clients very well. You need a small VPS for IceCast, and for VLC if you want to do more than one client.

I can give you some instructions on how to set them up if you want?

Subsonic works on linux at least, but is bitch to get working right, also madsonic is worth taking a look at

I've tried searching for one in the past and found none so I don't think it's a thing. Just transfer the files to your phone and use poweramp.

JK. Looks like other people had more success than I did xD

I use bsp player, haven't used it for mp3 or flac yet but apparently it does.  Only issue I have had is with one of my computers it seems to get a network error at random times.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en

Great post, dipshit

I don't get the hostility? It is uncalled for.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I use bsp player, haven't used it for mp3 or flac yet but apparently it does.  Only issue I have had is with one of my computers it seems to get a network error at random times.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en

I don't get the hostility? It is uncalled for.

If your only contribution is going to be a dumb meme that has been posted many times before, then what is the point in posting?

If your only contribution is going to be a dumb meme that has been posted many times before, then what is the point in posting?

How do you know its a meme and not a legit question, the OP has phrased his question in such a way that it also reads like he wants to stream his personal media across the net to his android device when he is on the go. If that is how Shearme read it then his post is legit, is it a thing? I haven't heard of any software that allows you to easily do that (outside of Dlink/netgear type NAS solutions), nor have I heard of anyone doing it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Says the guy with the most obnoxious username ever?

I did not know it was a meme (neither does Google for that matter), and even if I did, such blatant insults are not welcome on this forum. Maybe if it was at least imaginative we could share a laugh, but it wasn't, so we wont.

Great post, dipshit

OP, you can use IceCast, or VLC.

VLC is probably easier for a single client, but IceCast will do many clients very well. You need a small VPS for IceCast, and for VLC if you want to do more than one client.

I can give you some instructions on how to set them up if you want?

Well that was uncalled for.

Doesn't Winamp have a functionality like that?

If I recall correctly.

@Windspeed36 What is up with the forum displaying special character HTML tags (as in space ->  )

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Doesn't Winamp have a functionality like that?

If I recall correctly.

@Windspeed36 What is up with the forum displaying special character HTML tags (as in space ->  )

'Twas a bug. 

• 2 weeks later...

You could set up a subsonic server. I have one running on my synology Nas. And use the Dsub Android app to stream my music on the go. You can also set up a bunch of user accounts. It'll transcode on the fly too. Amazing software, highly recommended.