Weight loss challenge for LTX2020?

Elektra57

Last year someone posted about doing a weight loss challenge for LTX. This year I have already challenged myself to lose weight for LTX2020, but wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Maybe a friendly competition? I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I was running through the Houston Airport trying to catch my flight, I missed it btw. Hurt my knee and that was just the beginning. We walked a LOT in Vancouver. So if you think you are going to go from sitting all day to walking 5 miles in a day, I am here to tell you it hurts. I told my Sister, Fitbit was going to think my watch had been stolen. I went from 0 steps to 5 miles. Thanks to being frugal and walking from the hotel to the convention center, to Gastown for a flipping Ghost Tour which happened to be a walking tour, oh and walking all over Vancouver to find a dispensary UP HILLS. Lol. That is why yours truly did not miss a single panel. I felt miserable and hated asking for pics because I looked bleh. So yeah. Any takers?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

I wouldn't mind joining this :)

Currently sitting at ~250 and want to get to 225 or lower by mid year

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'd be game 

Currently around 95KG. I'm a bulkier build, but looking to get rid of the sack of lard I've acquired this past year or so and lower my body fat %

It's actually affecting my posture on my motorbicycle lmao. Stomach hits the tank so can't sit properly ?

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

15.5 Stone.
I want to lose  2 stone this year. Would help lighten the load on my bike and my back for this year's LTX too!
Lets!

I download the Myfitnesspal app and have been tracking my calories. I joined DietBet. It is an app where you bet $ and if you meet your goal you at least win your money back or win more money. Just making small changes seems to have helped. Started out slow with working out. Listening to the new podcast http://carpoolcritics.libsyn.com/ while walking on my treadmill. Bought kettle bells. Not sure how to use them yet, lol. Would love to have a motorized standing desk like mkbhd. I need a new watch. My Fitbit is older and does not pickup my heart rate all the time. We can keep each other accountable and post what works. Fitness for nerds. Lol.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 1/9/2020 at 2:42 PM, Elektra57 said:

Last year someone posted about doing a weight loss challenge for LTX. This year I have already challenged myself to lose weight for LTX2020, but wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Maybe a friendly competition? I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I was running through the Houston Airport trying to catch my flight, I missed it btw. Hurt my knee and that was just the beginning. We walked a LOT in Vancouver. So if you think you are going to go from sitting all day to walking 5 miles in a day, I am here to tell you it hurts. I told my Sister, Fitbit was going to think my watch had been stolen. I went from 0 steps to 5 miles. Thanks to being frugal and walking from the hotel to the convention center, to Gastown for a flipping Ghost Tour which happened to be a walking tour, oh and walking all over Vancouver to find a dispensary UP HILLS. Lol. That is why yours truly did not miss a single panel. I felt miserable and hated asking for pics because I looked bleh. So yeah. Any takers?

I'm in! My goal is to lose 10 - 15lbs by LTX. Good luck everyone, see you all at the show. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

So far I have lost 9lbs in 2020. Not doing anything too special. No soda, no fast food, and watching carbs and calories. I've been using Myfitnesspal for calorie counting and participating in DietBet challenges. How is everyone else doing? Remember any progress is progress.

linktr.ee/Elektra57

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone is doing well! My Doctor was very pleased with my weight loss so far. Cutting out soda makes a huge difference. I have also been eating out less which helps me save some $$$$ for LTX because my goodness the food and beer in Vancouver are amazing!   

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 1/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, Elektra57 said:

I am down to do it, I'm sitting just short of 250 lbs. I keep telling myself that I will "start it on monday" or "this is my last junk food day". I thrive better when there is someone in it with me.