Motivation - A Multi-platform Journy

mattlef

Hey Everyone.

Expect a few updates in the next coming days.
I built the loop on monday morning.... but like an idiot I pulled out the pumps 12v cable from its crimp.... myfacepalm.gif So i spent a lot of time Tuesday coming up with a fix. Which I'm happy to say i have with a bit of heatshrink and some well, inspiration lol. The loop is going and temps are great.... but I dont like the look of the tube, and the tube routing. Things are 100% going to change.

Pics tonight or tomorrow..... we'll call this a Beta build froehlich_34472d3023e87a916791cd7c109531 because there is a lot more to come and this was just testing out the bugs!

Personal Social Media:
Instagram    Twitter    Youtube

Wow! The sleeving really is amazing. Great job so far!

Meow! :D

That sleeving/colour scheme looks really awesome and unique

So the system has been set up for a few days now,

IMG_3915.jpg

Everything running on air, temps were okay, but its about time i get this thing under water.

Up top we have an XSPC EX480 with SP120's in push pull. They're a little loud but I plan on throwing in the Corsair Link System to control the speeds. 

IMG_3924.jpg

In the bottom, we have a Phobya 480 G-Changer V2. Using AF120's for now. (I have 4 left.... giveaways? ;))

I think it looks pretty good as is.... would be a shame to tear it down wouldnt it?

IMG_3916.jpg

I'm sure these fans will do a great job, however I do want some SP120s there, i think the higher static air pressure will help in cooling at slower speeds.

Let the tear down begin!!!

IMG_3930.jpg

Pulling apart the GTX660ti's :)

IMG_3926.jpg

Man galaxy makes some nice cards :)

IMG_3927.jpg

more later ;)

Thanks guys!!!! Any don't forget to follow.

Personal Social Media:

why u no SP FANS

I know!!!

I have 8x SP120s in push pull up top. I need 4 more for the bottom. Using the AF120's for now, until i can get my hands on some more SP120's :)

No worries, 100% temporary :)

Personal Social Media:

A quick question,

Who here would like to see a video walk through on how to sleeve your PSU but using the sleeveless method?
Would you guys be interested in that?

Wouldn't mind to see ur process.

A quick question,

Who here would like to see a video walk through on how to sleeve your PSU but using the sleeveless method?
Would you guys be interested in that?

I'm curious to see how you did it. Please upload one.

BTW, awesome work so far.  :D

Looks Great

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Hey Everyone!

Sleeving tutorial is up!

I'm working on upping the production quality. I've ordered a few things that should help. Lights, a stability mount for the camera, and potentially an extrenal mic (would need a new cam though, the T1i doesnt have the connections needed :S)

So heres the video!

Personal Social Media:

Can i have the fans ;P ? I'm making a black/red build in a survivor

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Hey Everyone!

Sleeving tutorial is up!

I'm working on upping the production quality. I've ordered a few things that should help. Lights, a stability mount for the camera, and potentially an extrenal mic (would need a new cam though, the T1i doesnt have the connections needed :S)

So heres the video!

Really that easy?, Great tutorial by the way just watched it, though it was a tad more complex than that, quick question, how secure is the sleeving over time without heat shrink?

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Really that easy?, Great tutorial by the way just watched it, though it was a tad more complex than that, quick question, how secure is the sleeving over time without heat shrink?

Because your melting it onto the crimp and onto the cable itself, its pretty damned sturdy. this method can stand up to a lot more abuse than sleeved.

that and it looks great!

Oh, i have another video encoding, so will add it soon :)

Personal Social Media:

Can i have the fans ;P ? I'm making a black/red build in a survivor

Well,

Some time this week i'm going to announce a giveaway package and how to get it.

If you participate you'll have a good chance to win :) 

Personal Social Media:

Hey Everyone!

Sleeving tutorial is up!

So heres the video!

u no that the blue part is cooler part of the flame  :mellow:

Thanks for the comment Gamebozzo :) 

I appreciate the visit

I dont think that is correct however. The blue part of the flame is hotter because it has a shorter wave length, the molecules are closer together when they move, therefore hotter

Source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_is_hotter_Blue_flame_or_red_flame

Personal Social Media:

u no that the blue part is cooler part of the flame :mellow:

Actually blue is the hottest part. The heat for a flame from coolest to hottest is red, orange , yellow, blue, and then white I believe.

I think that isnt correct. The blue part of the flame is hotter because it has a shorter wave length, the molecules are closer together when they move, therefore hotter

Source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_is_hotter_Blue_flame_or_red_flame

srry i was thinking in terms of combustion, then i remebered u rnt burning the heatshrink, so technically, the blue is the hottest part but to be fair :P (i feel so stupid)

Hey guys, new video is up :)

As well, i decided to take a few pics, showing you what watercooling bits I'll be using.

but first Caffeine and a brown box!
IMG_1406.jpg

Inside of it?

My MCP655, with a alphacool top. Love this thing, and i love the copper stoppers :)
IMG_1407.jpg

Now, i do plan on using compression fittings, like in my previous build.
However, i plan on using some smaller ones. i'll go in more detail later ;)
for now, just take a look   :)
IMG_1409.jpg
IMG_1411.jpg
IMG_1414.jpg

Attack of the clones!!!

IMG_1415.jpg

Thanks guys!!!! Any don't forget to follow. Links below!

I want Starbucks D:

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I don't think that's correct. I'm not a chemist, so if anyone has reliable sources on this

feel free to point out where I've gone wrong if that's the case, but this is what I remember

from my thermo lectures and what I've been able to find on the internet:

From the Wikipedia article on flames, section "Flame Color":

The colder part of a diffusion (incomplete combustion) flame will be red, transitioning to orange, yellow, and white as the temperature increases as evidenced by changes in the black-body radiation spectrum. For a given flame's region, the closer to white on this scale, the hotter that section of the flame is. The transitions are often apparent in fires, in which the color emitted closest to the fuel is white, with an orange section above it, and reddish flames the highest of all. A blue-colored flame only emerges when the amount of soot decreases and the blue emissions from excited molecular radicals become dominant, though the blue can often be seen near the base of candles where airborne soot is less concentrated.

I couldn't find a definitive link between blue and temperature in the wiki article, so I kept

digging.

Interestingly, this article brings in another topic, which is not the highest

temperature but the most available heat, which seems to be more towards the flame's tip:

What I'm telling you is that your wife is technically right. The blue part of the flame is the hottest, not the white part. But a manly man is more concerned about the real world - as we saw above (show her the graph), there's more total heat in the tip of the flame, so that's the part you want to use to light the fire. In other words, while she's got a better grasp of theory, you're going to get the fire lit sooner. I'm not saying you won't get an argument as far as your bet goes. But put it to her this way: The price of clean laundry is raw steak.

So: Blue seems to be the point of highest temperature in carbo-fuel flames, while the flame's

tip is most useful for getting the job done? Did not expect that result, may have to do more

research. Although considering how complex the subject is I recon that might take a few years :lol:

EDIT: Aaargh, too slow. That's the price of doing research. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Well,

Some time this week i'm going to announce a giveaway package and how to get it.

If you participate you'll have a good chance to win :)

Hooray I could actually have case fans instead of nothing :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

lol  i loved the video man!

i liked how you beeped some words but we could hear them anyway ahahahaa!

great work Emma!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)