Corsair iCue crashes 1 second after it launches, need help!

Hello dear forum reader,

I have the Corsair spec omega rgb case that comes with Corsair rgb things.

The problem is that its currently stuck on rainbow orgasm since i cannot open the Corsair iCue software.

I tried installing it but when i go ahead and open it, the software closes again immediately (I see a process run in task manager but it closes immediately, in less than 1 seconds).

Ive looked all around the web for answers and tried the following to solve it myself:

• Reinstall the software
  • Delete all files associated with the software and reinstalled
  • Tried another usb header inside my case
  • Unplugged the 2 fans + case rgb and plugged only 1 in at a time
  • Installed an older version of iCue
  • Installed the old Link software, i can open that but its no use to me
  • Yelled at the pc
  • Run the program as administrator
  • Run the program in compatibility mode

But nothing seems to work.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 pro V1903 64bit build 18362.535
  • Bios: SMBIOSBIOSVersion F7
  • i7 4790
  • Gigabyte gaming 3
  • corsair spec omega rgb case
  • Strix gtx 1070
  • 24gb ram
  • 750W psu

Can anyone help me in my frustration?

Thanks already for any help!

- Po

Did you delete files in C:\Programdata and C:\Users\username\AppData? (hidden files) maybe cleared from registry?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Did you delete files in C:\Programdata and C:\Users\username\AppData? (hidden files) maybe cleared from registry?

Yup, yup and yup. I saw some posts online that were telling that worked for them, but it hasnt worked for me :/

2 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Yup, yup and yup. I saw some posts online that were telling that worked for them, but it hasnt worked for me :/

Tried when USB header is disconnected? If still in device manger - delete it from there.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Tried when USB header is disconnected?

Let me try that real quick. have it uninstalled atm, will reinstall with no header plugged in

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Tried when USB header is disconnected? If still in device manger - delete it from there.

just tried it, it still crashes. it launches in task manager than goes to suspended then closes

5 minutes ago, pollepel said:

just tried it, it still crashes. it launches in task manager than goes to suspended then closes

Did you try disconnecting when pc is off, then go to windows, uninstall and remove everything, appdata etc. and then remove everything from registry? Disable automatic driver installation (https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10)

And then restart and plug in again and then install?

FS in Denmark/EU:

Did you try disconnecting when pc is off, then go to windows, uninstall and remove everything, appdata etc. and then remove everything from registry? Disable automatic driver installation (https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10)

And then restart and plug in again and then install?

Just uninstalling and deleting everything rn and i noticed some logs in the appdata the file says the following:

2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init: iCUE version: 3.23.66
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init: Updates server: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V3/
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init: Build type: Public Release
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init: Applicaiton ID: 16900
2020-01-09T12:19:13 W cue.locale: Cannot find dir for qt *.qm files
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init.font: Using Regular text font family: "Open Sans"
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.init.font: Using Title text font family: "Gotham Bold"
2020-01-09T12:19:13 C cue.actions.macro.win: MacroCommand/Win: Cannot open driver device.
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.hid_device_detector: Start worker thread.
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.devices.enum.hid: Leaving working state. DeviceEnumeratorBase::WorkingStateChangeReason::UserSessionPropertyChanged Session disallowed.
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.devices.enum.router: Leaving working state. DeviceEnumeratorBase::WorkingStateChangeReason::UserSessionPropertyChanged Session disallowed.
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.devices.enum.clink: Leaving working state.
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.plugin: Trying to load library: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Corsair/CORSAIR iCUE Software/plugins/Lenovo/CUEPlugin.dll"
2020-01-09T12:19:13 I cue.plugin: Library is loading, will check if it's plugin: "CUEPlugin.dll"
2020-01-09T12:19:14 C cue.actions.macro.win: Driver write failed.
2020-01-09T12:19:14 I cue.actions.macro.win: Init time: 0.940901 (init: 2e-07 reset: 0.0002643 )

9 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Just uninstalling and deleting everything rn and i noticed some logs in the appdata the file says the following:

So these locations is still present and also in the registry?

FS in Denmark/EU:

So these locations is still present and also in the registry?

Im going through the registry, any idea on what i should look for specifically? or just anything starting with corsair? same for device manager?

icue

1 minute ago, pollepel said:

Im going through the registry, any idea on what i should look for specifically? or just anything starting with corsair? same for device manager?

yes corsair and icue. Device manager could be something usb.

FS in Denmark/EU:

icue

yes corsair and icue. Device manager could be something usb.

So removed everything, unplugged it. reinstalled the software but it still crashes on startup :/

14 minutes ago, pollepel said:

So removed everything, unplugged it. reinstalled the software but it still crashes on startup :/

what way did you uninstall it?

Try using something like REVO uninstaller on it 

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

just use the free one

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, pollepel said:

Will try in half an hour gonna eat first. thanks though :)

ok np

just a program i got told about once 

has worked for me on a different program before

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

37 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

ok np

just a program i got told about once 

has worked for me on a different program before

Still crashes on startup after trying to delete everything, did a deep scan :(

Ok what i ended up doing is connecting a cable to my surface pro 6 and installing the program on that. Then i set the colors via that and disconnected it again. At least its not rainbow orgasm anymore.

1 hour ago, pollepel said:

Ok what i ended up doing is connecting a cable to my surface pro 6 and installing the program on that. Then i set the colors via that and disconnected it again. At least its not rainbow orgasm anymore.

I have a issue with asus aura sometimes actually where it'll just randomly cause my entire pc to restart lol

good luck with your issue though. Hope you get it sorted ? 

17 hours ago, Ben17 said:

I have a issue with asus aura sometimes actually where it'll just randomly cause my entire pc to restart lol

I have that installed, probably gonna uninstall that too. i just have my gpu set to 1 static color anyway and i dont need the program anymore. thanks for the help though :)

1 hour ago, pollepel said:

I have that installed, probably gonna uninstall that too. i just have my gpu set to 1 static color anyway and i dont need the program anymore. thanks for the help though :)

no problem ? 

• 2 months later...

@pollepel

Hey I have had the EXACT Same problem and I have the same case, and this issue was a pain to deal with. It only took a few minutes to fix! :)

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Apps & Features
  3. Scroll down to "CORSAIR iCUE  Software"
  4. Click it
  5. Click Modify
  6. When Corsair Window Pops up, click Repair
  7. Wait for a few minutes
  8. It may tell you to restart your computer
  9. Open up iCUE and it should be working 😁 
  10. You should probably go to the settings tab in iCUE and update the iCUE software since a new firmware just rolled out!

Hope this could help your problem Pollepel!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:40 AM, C00KIEZ said:

@pollepel

Hey I have had the EXACT Same problem and I have the same case, and this issue was a pain to deal with. It only took a few minutes to fix! :)

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Apps & Features
  3. Scroll down to "CORSAIR iCUE  Software"
  4. Click it
  5. Click Modify
  6. When Corsair Window Pops up, click Repair
  7. Wait for a few minutes
  8. It may tell you to restart your computer
  9. Open up iCUE and it should be working 😁 
  10. You should probably go to the settings tab in iCUE and update the iCUE software since a new firmware just rolled out!

Hope this could help your problem Pollepel!

Ill ty this out, thanks! :)