Corsair iCue crashes 1 second after it launches, need help!

On 3/26/2020 at 3:40 AM, C00KIEZ said:

@pollepel

Hey I have had the EXACT Same problem and I have the same case, and this issue was a pain to deal with. It only took a few minutes to fix! :)

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Apps & Features
  3. Scroll down to "CORSAIR iCUE  Software"
  4. Click it
  5. Click Modify
  6. When Corsair Window Pops up, click Repair
  7. Wait for a few minutes
  8. It may tell you to restart your computer
  9. Open up iCUE and it should be working 😁 
  10. You should probably go to the settings tab in iCUE and update the iCUE software since a new firmware just rolled out!

Hope this could help your problem Pollepel!

Didnt work either :/ 

What i did in the meantime was unplugging the icue thing and setting it up with my laptop. when i upgrade my pc ill try to get it working again.

"the Aura integration and the anti-cheat detection software. Apparently, some cheat tools have been known to "hide" as add-ons to Aura (or something like this) and so at least one anti-cheat package is now triggering on iCUE. While Corsair is working on this, you may want to try disabling add-ins in iCUE and see if that resolves the issue."

I would have never guessed the aura sync plugin for Icue was the problem. I just tried this and yes it worked for me. I went into Icue settings and unchecked enable plug ins, restarted Icue. Launched PUBG and Icue did NOT crash. So, it has to be the Asus aura sync plug in for Icue. Now even with it disabled, Icue still is controlling all the RGB, memory rgb and motherboard rgb except on Graphics card. So all is good for now. Worth a shot if your still having this issue with PUBG and Icue software.

• 4 months later...

I managed to fix that problem by disabling icue from start up, restart my computer and enabling when it boots up, then restarting again. Such a weird fix, but it worked for me.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:23 PM, Climatic said:

I managed to fix that problem by disabling icue from start up, restart my computer and enabling when it boots up, then restarting again. Such a weird fix, but it worked for me.

What a stupid solution but it worked for me! Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, Climatic said:

Strangely, this worked for me too. That was after trying a couple other fixes as well (repair, reinstall, reboot). Odd fix, but it works now.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me as well.  None of the suggestions fixed the issue.  But I found that my problem was from Asus Armoury Crate.  I was lucky that I had recently installed an Asus Ryou AIO.  When I noticed iCue crashing I uninstalled both Armoury Crate and iCue then reinstalled them and everything started working again.  I'm seeing a lot of people with Asus mobos with this issue so it may be that Armoury Crate or AI suite or some other Asus software is having a conflict with iCue.  Hope that helps someone!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I thought I'd share my fix since this thread helped me.  I had a Reverb plugged into my USB C port which was causing the crash.  Once I unplugged the power from the device I-cue booted fine.  Not a long term solution but it allowed me to get rid of the default rainbow flash. 

Hi, I thought I'd share my fix since this thread helped me.  I had a Reverb plugged into my USB C port which was causing the crash.  Once I unplugged the power from the device I-cue booted fine.  Not a long term solution but it allowed me to get rid of the default rainbow flash. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, unplugged my VR headset and that solved it.

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that the Reverb messed it up for me as well. Unplug and iCue works. 

• 1 year later...

Had same problem last night/ today. App would crash on startup but not if I quickly clicked dashboard tab and stayed there. As soon as I clicked home tab it crashed. I would be able to use mouse macros as long as I did not click home tab.

I tried reinstalling, repairing, clicking not to boot on startup, deleted games I recently updated and the anti cheat apps all while restarting PC in between and nothing...

I then uninstalled the app in full then went to C:\Users\ComputerName\AppData\Roaming and deleted the Corsair file then restarted PC and boom it was fixed after over 3 hours of trying different fixes.

Hope this helps someone in the future.