Survey for computer mouse

Nethunterr

THIS SURVEY IS FOR STUDY PURPOSE ONLY

Hi, I am a 2nd year undergraduate student learning about product design. We have got a project in our college to take a user survey on a product of our choice. Our group decided to take computer mouse as a product. We figured out that it would be a good idea to put this survey on this forums as it is a tech forums and we could get some precise information. And I have talked with a moderator and got their permission to put this survey here.

It would be great if you all can participate in this survey as it will help me and my group members a lot in our project.

Here are the questions for the survey:

1. What brand and model of mouse are you currently using and for how long? If multiple which is the most preferred.

2. For what purpose do you use the mouse? (example: Gaming, Media, Work etc ).

3. Do you lean towards a lighter mouse or a heavier mouse?

4. How would you rate the comfort of the mouse from 1-5 where 1 is least comfortable and 5 is most comfortable.

5. During long usage of the mouse, do you experience any pain/soreness in your arms?

6. Is your stated mouse wired or wireless? (If wired, would you prefer wireless and vice-versa)

7. Does your current usage of mouse require extra buttons?

8. How important do you think the dpi button is for your usage? Rate from 1-5 where 1 being least important and 5 being very important

9. How will you rate the response of the buttons on your mouse from 1-5 where 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent.  (Response here means if you press the button, does the mouse responds or not)

10. Do you lean towards a matte finish or a glossy finish on your mouse? If others please specify (example like having a skin).

11. How do you rate the build quality of the mouse from 1-5 (where 1 being flimsy and 5 being sturdy).

12. Do you think you can get a better mouse for cheap as compared to your current one? (Specify model and brand).

13. Would you prefer rgb on the mouse? (yes/no)

14. Is there a specific problem faced by you when using the mouse?

You can answer this survey by replying to this post, here is an example:

1.    Logitech g102, using it for almost 1 year

2.    Mostly gaming, sometimes photo editing.

3.    Would prefer a lighter mouse

And so on.

If you have any doubts for this survey, post them down and I will reply to it as soon as possible.

The end date for this survey: 2 weeks from posting this (can be changed based on when we have to submit this).

And again would like to tell, THIS SURVEY IS FOR STUDY PURPOSE ONLY.

1. Corsair Dark Core

2. Mainly gaming, some photo and video editing as well

3. Medium weight? I would say slightly lighter but not the lightest

4. 4

5. No

6. It is both, mainly use it in wired mode.

7. Yes

8. 3

9. 5

10. Matte finish

11. 5

12. Probably not

13. Yes

14. No

Not sure about the rules on this but wouldn't a google form make this type of thing easier?

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

1. Razer Naga 2014, had it since then

2. Gaming and Video Editing

3. Heavier

4. 5

5. No

6. Wired, dont care either way

7. Yes

8. 3

9. 4

10. Matte

11. 5

12. No

13. No

14. No

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 don’t know. Don’t care. There’s a glowey logo but my hand covers it.

2 gaming

3 tried variable weight mice.  Found I didn’t care.

4. 3.  It’s a mouse not underwear.

5 no.  I got a mouse pad with a gel wrist rest.  My ass goes to sleep long before my arm gets tired.

6 wired

7 yes 

8 dpi button is annoying as hell.  I disabled it.

9 6.  Not breaking is more important.  I’ve had razor mouse buttons break.  I don’t use razor anything any more.

10 don’t care.  Matte finishes turn glossy with wear.  No skins.

11 4

12 this is a cheap mouse.  Could I get one for cheaper?  Probably.  I’ll find out when this one breaks.

13. Is “hell no” an option?  It does glow though.  It’s sometimes handy in the dark.

14  nope.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1. Apple Magic Mouse

2. Gaming (I use my touchpad for everything else, its easier).

3. Medium-weight. IDK, I guess heavier compared to cheap mice.

4. 4, its perfectly fine, no complaints, but people who don't use the claw grip may not like it. 

5. No.

6. Wireless, I prefer wireless.

7. Sort-of yes, the Magic Mouse has touch gestures. 

8. 3  -  not that important,  just pick whatever  you're used to.

9. 5. Its a great mouse and no complaints. 

10. Glossy. It looks great.

11. Sturdy. Its perfectly solid. 

12. Probably, I got mine new for 80 AUD, I guess there are some mice that some people  say are better for cheaper, but I prefer this one. I would say a definite no. 

13. No,  my eyes are on the screen,  why would I want RGB on my mouse.

14. Some people think there is an issue with charging, I do not.  No problems here. 

1. Logitech G600.
2. Gaming, workstation.

3. Largely, I don't have a preference. Due to the nature of preferring macro buttons I would have to side with heavier, however (nature of the beast).
4. I would give my mouse a four.
5. No.
6. Wired, I prefer wired mice.
7. Yes, both applications.
8. One, DPI adjusting on the fly is something that I have never changed. Adjustable DPI (software) is preferred.

9. I would currently give my mouse about a three. it is aging, however, and has seen daily hard use for near four years. In a new state, a five.
10. Matte.

11. Four.
12. No. I've used several other "MMO" themed mice, all more expensive, and do not like them as much.
13. No preference.

14. Ergonomically, I prefer the contour of the Scimitar Pro of all the "MMO" mice I've tried, however I do not like the button panel placement nor the difficulty of a middle mouse click. Overall, the G600 is the mouse I continually return to despite it not being the most comfortable.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. Originally G502 Proteus Core since March 2015, but the scroll wheel failed, so I got this as a replacement in 2017.
  2. General purpose at home (browsing, gaming working etc), except for competitive FPS. For that I have a G303.
  3. For general use/comfort I'm content with the G502, due to comfort and control. For competitive FPS, I would have liked a lighter one.
  4. 4
  5. No.
  6. Wired. It does not really bother me, as I just use it at home. I have a different mouse that I carry around, which I would have preferred to be wireless.
  7. No. I used to have a bunch of macros, using all of the buttons, with different mappings depending on the application automatically switching with the software, but not anymore (except for the standard back/forward and sideways scroll wheel).
  8. 1. I have it disabled on both it and my G303. When using it to draw (skribbl.io), I change the DPI using the software instead.
  9. 5. The left, right and middle clicks are excellent. The DPI buttons could have been better, but since I don't use them for anything atm, it doesn't bother me.
  10. Matte.
  11. 4. Quite nice, but the paint on the scroll wheel is coming off, and there is a tiny bit of rattle in the scroll wheel and buttons.
  12. For the price I bought my G502 Proteus Core, no. It was on sale for 340 NOK (€38 today, accounting for inflation). It did fail, so I did technically get an upgrade for free :3
  13. No. I would prefer it to be lighter and/or cheaper instead. The logo light on the G502 has very uneven lighting, and it's covered by my hand during use. The DPI lighting is sensibly placed, but as I don't change the DPI on the fly, it doesn't really matter. On my Corsair M65 Pro, I'm annoyed that one of the lighting zones is faulty. I wouldn't have been annoyed if there just wasn't lighting there.
  14. Cleaning it. Due to the gamery design of the G502, it's difficult to clean all the spots. Especially around the profile selector button, around the back/forward buttons, and between the scroll wheel and left/right click buttons.

:)

Why not make one of those Google survey things? Way easier.

1. Logitech G700S. At least 5 years.
  2. Causal browsing mostly. I have copy/paste, back/forward, and enter set up as macros. Makes workflow that much nicer.
  3. Not sure honestly, guess it all depends on application. But at least a "medium" weighted mouse.
  4. Definitely a 5. I usually end up resting my hand on it while reading something long or watching a video.
  5. Not usually, though I do have a vein issue on my hands which usually requires me to wear a hand brace. When that flares up, then yes.
  6. Both. But the included battery is ass and it only has room for one (AA). So it's pointless. I just use it in wired mode.
  7. Yes, see my response on #2.
  8. None. I disabled it. I don't switch between DPI settings at all, mostly because I don't play those kinds of games.
  9. I'd say a good 5.
  10. Matte. Glossy should be illegal. It's a finger print and dust trap.
  11. I'd give it a 5. I have slammed it a lot in rage and it's still here, like you'd never know.
  12. Negitive
  13. Fuck no
  14. Other than the ass battery mentioned in #6, none to report.

1. logitec g403

2. Work

3. Heavier

4. 5

5. No

6. Wired

7. No

8. 1

9. 5

10  matte, don't really care

11 5

12 no

13 no

14  no

45 minutes ago, Nethunterr said:

--snip--

Google or Microsoft Forms are both free ways to capture this data in a spreadsheet, making usability of the data afterward much easier...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Please use something like Survey Monkey.

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Google or Microsoft Forms are both free ways to capture this data in a spreadsheet, making usability of the data afterward much easier...

Thanks you for the suggestion. I know getting the data is easier from there, but I dont want the users to go outside the forums to fill the survey. Here if something goes wrong moderating it is easier, hence decided to post it like this.

Bringing this back up cause still need some more answers 

1. Logitech g602

2. Gaming 

3. Heavier

4. 5

5. No

6. Wireless

7. Yes

8. 4

9. 5

10. Matte

11. 5

12. No

13. No

14. No

1. Logitech G400 since 2011

2. work and gaming. back then i got fed up of cheap mouse that keeps getting broken in 2-3 months so after buying this i never looked back, still going strong, easily the best mouse i purchased

3. lighter but not too light nor too heavy

4. 5/5

5. a little but very rarely

6. wired. would love to go wireless sometimes in the future (when it finally broke)

7. no

8. 2/5 from the way i use it, its good that's the option is there but personally i never really change the settings

9. 5/5

10. matte

11. 5/5

12. for sure, i haven't look at the mouse market in years since i don't need to. only as of recently i know that G400 isn't really the best mouse. (i bought this mouse on the fly and never see any review)

13. yes, yes or no doesnt matter to me though

14. no

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, Nethunterr said:
  1. What brand and model of mouse are you currently using and for how long? If multiple which is the most preferred

Logitech MX series mouse (upgraded over the years from teh first one (Logitech MX 1000 to the before last one: Logitech MX Master 2S, skipping the non-2S model), for the longest time I can remember... 2004-05. The most preferred is my current one: MX Master 2S, second best is the MX Revolution.

For what purpose do you use the mouse? (example: Gaming, Media, Work etc ).

Work, General usage, Gaming. I always found that the Logitech MX mouse series where mouses that were excellent in balance all tasks. They never had BS features or specs, and the real world put other mouse with similar marketed features to shame (and also give a bad reputation (ages ago), for things like wireless mouse, while Logitech demonstrated that it can be right)

Do you lean towards a lighter mouse or a heavier mouse?

Heavier mouse.

How would you rate the comfort of the mouse from 1-5 where 1 is least comfortable and 5 is most comfortable.

I rate the current one a 5.

1. During long usage of the mouse, do you experience any pain/soreness in your arms?

Nope.

1. Is your stated mouse wired or wireless? (If wired, would you prefer wireless and vice-versa)

Wireless. I hate wire mouse. I always find that their wire pushes the mouse. Then you need to use wire support modules to try an alleviate the problem, and it kinda works from what I tried from friends, but it clutters more the desk, and not resolved fully either.

1. Does your current usage of mouse require extra buttons?

The extra buttons I mostly need is back/forward. I do not even consider a mouse without them.

1. How important do you think the dpi button is for your usage? Rate from 1-5 where 1 being least important and 5 being very important

In my opinion, it really depends on the screen resolution. My MX 1000 was great with its dpi of 800 when I had a 1280x1024 screen resolution, but not adequate on a 1920x1200 / 1920x1080 display. And also depends on the travel distance you prefer to have or not have. And the performance / tracking of the mouse also depends on the surface you use the mouse on.

1. How will you rate the response of the buttons on your mouse from 1-5 where 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent.  (Response here means if you press the button, does the mouse responds or not)

I would rate mine 5. I feel no delay when playing games or using the computer.

1. Do you lean towards a matte finish or a glossy finish on your mouse? If others please specify (example like having a skin).

Glossy finish? Last I see those are at the dollar store.... This plastic is horrible in just about every where. It is inexpensive to produce, it gets scratch by air, you can get the softest cloth ever made by the great Gods and it will still get scratch, but looks nice on the website. That is why car manufactures love putting glossy plastic everywhere in the car. If you want a car that looks old really quickly, use glossy plastic. And the fact that it shows dust and finger print easily, it creates an urge to clean it off, scratching the plastic. We had the craze back in 2006 days in the PC space with HP really pushing it. Sadly, manufactures felt it was teh material to get to get users to replace their good sooner, and it worked... sadly for them, while I have no data beside observable ones, people didn't buy the same brand again later and people learned their lesson quickly about glossy plastics.

1. How do you rate the build quality of the mouse from 1-5 (where 1 being flimsy and 5 being sturdy).

5. Good luck breaking it with a hammer. It will need a lot more force then expected to break it with one.

1. Do you think you can get a better mouse for cheap as compared to your current one? (Specify model and brand).

Well, beside the fact that there is a new model of the mouse, I would say no.

1. Would you prefer rgb on the mouse? (yes/no)

Nope. If it had, it would be a distraction while I type, and my hand would be covering the mouse in any case from my perspective, so I won't enjoy it. It is just more software bloat that I don't need. I think you can make a sleek, modern looking desk with materials and colors over RGB lights on a mouse or keyboard. Then again, you are talking to someone who always hated the "gamer look", and always preferred the "professional" look (sleek, minimalistic, modern design).

1. Is there a specific problem faced by you when using the mouse?

Yes. Side-scrolling is still an after thaugh on most programs, and doesn't play nice, or work at all. I blame Microsoft for not putting side scrolling at the forefront. The OS has the APIs, but devs ignore it as most people don't have mouses that support it.

1. What brand and model of mouse are you currently using and for how long? If multiple which is the most preferred.
    Logitech G502. 2-3 years now. Second mouse, first broke after I dropped it on the mouse wheel.
    Gaming, CAD work, video editing
    Heavier, I have a work desk and often tinker so a heavier mouse is less likely to be knocked off the edge
  4. How would you rate the comfort of the mouse from 1-5 where 1 is least comfortable and 5 is most comfortable.
  5. During long usage of the mouse, do you experience any pain/soreness in your arms?
    No
  6. Is your stated mouse wired or wireless? (If wired, would you prefer wireless and vice-versa)
    Wired. Wireless option available at an extreme premium I'm not willing to pay.
    Occasionally. "Sniper mode" allows me to slow the sensitivity way down and is useful when scrubbing through timelines and other things.
  8. How important do you think the dpi button is for your usage? Rate from 1-5 where 1 being least important and 5 being very important
    5. Its very nice to switch mouse speed based on what application I'm in. Some apps have buttons super close, and then I go back to windows and have to be across the screen instantly.
  9. How will you rate the response of the buttons on your mouse from 1-5 where 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent.  (Response here means if you press the button, does the mouse responds or not)
  10. Do you lean towards a matte finish or a glossy finish on your mouse? If others please specify (example like having a skin).
    Matte/semi-gloss
  11. How do you rate the build quality of the mouse from 1-5 (where 1 being flimsy and 5 being sturdy).
    5. Slammed it in anger multiple times. didn't break.
  12. Do you think you can get a better mouse for cheap as compared to your current one? (Specify model and brand).
    No.
    Is included, not really used. Used to be synced with discord but my hand covers it...
  14. Is there a specific problem faced by you when using the mouse?                                                                                                           No.

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

1. HP Brisbane (704223-001)
  2. All purpose
  3. This mouse is pretty light, and I like it, but I'd prefer a medium weight mouse
  4. I guess a 5, but I've never experienced an uncomfortable mouse
  5. No. My mousing muscles are super toned from a lifetime of exercise
  6. Wired. Would prefer wireless, I find that mice cables become stiff where they enter the mouse and then hold the front of the mouse off of the tracking surface.
  7. No.
  8. 1
  9. 5. If a mouse doesn't respond to button presses it's pretty useless.
  10. This mouse has a glossy finish, but I truly don't care about the finish
  11. 5. These things are indestructible, I've been using the same one for like 5 years now
  12. Definitely not. This is an old cheap HP prebuilt package mouse. It is as cheap as they come.
  13. no.
  14. The cable becomes very stiff where it enters the mouse. As a result it lifts the front of the mouse off of the surface and it doesn't track correctly.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Just to be that guy...

If you're collecting this information for a college research study, you're legally required to have people agree to a consent form, provide the researcher's names and contact information, provide a debrief and a number of other things.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

6 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Just to be that guy...

If you're collecting this information for a college research study, you're legally required to have people agree to a consent form, provide the researcher's names and contact information, provide a debrief and a number of other things.

I think it is more of a non-university study, and not university PhD study. Either way, his sample size would be not enough to consider, regardless.

What brand and model of mouse are you currently using and for how long? If multiple which is the most preferred.
 1. Zowie S1 for less then a year
For what purpose do you use the mouse? (example: Gaming, Media, Work etc ).
 2. Mainly gaming, but also media, work
Do you lean towards a lighter mouse or a heavier mouse?
 3. Lighter, around 90g or lighter
How would you rate the comfort of the mouse from 1-5 where 1 is least comfortable and 5 is most comfortable.
 4. 4/5 because it's not ergonomic but symmetrical design, which I prefer for FPS games for better grip so.
During long usage of the mouse, do you experience any pain/soreness in your arms?
 5. No
Is your stated mouse wired or wireless? (If wired, would you prefer wireless and vice-versa)
6.  Wired, cable doesn't bother me
Does your current usage of mouse require extra buttons?
 7. No
How important do you think the dpi button is for your usage? Rate from 1-5 where 1 being least important and 5 being very important
 8. Depends, I don't change it, but good that mouse has it and doesn't rely on software. 
How will you rate the response of the buttons on your mouse from 1-5 where 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent.  (Response here means if you press the button, does the mouse responds or not)
 9. 5/5
Do you lean towards a matte finish or a glossy finish on your mouse? If others please specify (example like having a skin).
 10. Matte
How do you rate the build quality of the mouse from 1-5 (where 1 being flimsy and 5 being sturdy).
 11. 5/5
Do you think you can get a better mouse for cheap as compared to your current one? (Specify model and brand).
 12. Currently, better and cheaper? No not really.
Would you prefer rgb on the mouse? (yes/no)
 13. No
Is there a specific problem faced by you when using the mouse?
14. Minor design quirks nothing major, being no mouse is perfect

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Logitech G502 Proteus Core: 5+ years

Logitech Anywhere MX2: 5+ years*

Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB: 2+ years

*I had the original MX which started to have button click issues, so I got the new one MX2. Both are the exact same design, it's just that MX2 features bluetooth and uses built in rechargeable batteries. So starting from the original it's 5+ years.  Starting from the MX2 it's 2+ years.

All purpose, I used it for whatever computer related task I need to get done

A lighter mouse, but not to the point it feels cheap and hollow. I do like the weight of the G502 without the additional weights, but I also have no problems using mouse that's even lighter, like those Logitech and Microsoft ones that sometimes comes in a pre-built system or you can get them, usually sold as a mouse+keyboard combo kit for less than $20 dollars.

Logitech G502: 4/5 to 3/5
Logitech Logitech Anywhere MX2: 3/5
Corsair Scimitar RGB: 4/5

No pain or soreness in my arms during long hours of use, but I do feel some pain/soreness in the tendons located between the pinky and ring finger. IMO I think it's caused by the design of the mouse, where there is no place for my pinky to rest on. I never had this problem with the Microsoft Intellmouse Optical which I had for the past 10+ years, but that mouse was showing its age and I wanted to get something new.

Both G502 and Scimitar are wired. The MX2 is wireless. I prefer a wireless mouse, because less wires is better. The wires tend to make the mouse go in the opposite direction of where I want it to. For example I'm moving my mouse towards the right, the wires make it feels like, it want to pull the mouse towards the left.

No but it's nice to have extra buttons for quick access to shortcuts or commands on the fly. Those forward and back buttons are really useful when browsing the web.

2/5 The only time I've ever changed the DPI was during gaming. Rest of the time I just leave it as is.

9. How will you rate the response of the buttons on your mouse from 1-5 where 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent.  (Response here means if you press the button, does the mouse responds or not)

All of them gets a 5/5 Anything lower, then it's most likely broken.

10, Do you lean towards a matte finish or a glossy finish on your mouse? If others please specify (example like having a skin).

I have no preference between matte or glossy, but if a mouse has a nice design or artwork that I like, I will lean towards those.

All of them get a 5/5

Nope because I like the hyper scroll wheel function on the Logitech, but the comfort level based on my personal use, isn't that good compared to mouses designed by Microsoft.

It's 50/50 here. I do like the RGB, which give the mouse a bit of a personal style to it. Like if a person like the color green, they can tune the RGB to green, and it's their mouse. RGB also isn't necessary especially in the logo, because your hand covers it.

No

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hi, I am a 2nd year undergraduate student learning about product design. We have got a project in our college to take a user survey on a product of our choice. Our group decided to take computer mouse as a product. We figured out that it would be a good idea to put this survey on this forums as it is a tech forums and we could get some precise information. And I have talked with a moderator and got their permission to put this survey here.

It would be great if you all can participate in this survey as it will help me and my group members a lot in our project.

Here are the questions for the survey:

You can answer this survey by replying to this post, here is an example:

1.    Logitech g102, using it for almost 1 year

2.    Mostly gaming, sometimes photo editing.

3.    Would prefer a lighter mouse

And so on.

If you have any doubts for this survey, post them down and I will reply to it as soon as possible.

The end date for this survey: 2 weeks from posting this (can be changed based on when we have to submit this).

And again would like to tell, THIS SURVEY IS FOR STUDY PURPOSE ONLY.

1. Logitech G602, 2 years

2. Gaming/School

3. Lighter, g602 is way too heavy

4. 4

5. Not really, however I do use a wrist rest.

6. Wireless, I don't care whether it is wired or wireless.

7. Yes the extra buttons are needed for gaming and while not needed, are useful for work and web browsing.

8. 3

9. 3

10. Matte, or the finish that my mouse has which is a more rough grippy finish.

11. 4

12. No

13. No

1. Logitech G Pro Wireless (modded with Kailh GM, weight reduced to 70g, Tiger Arcs, custom painted) (1 Year)

ROCCAT Kone Pure Owl-Eye (Hotline Skates, Paracord) (2 Years)

CM MM710 (1/2 Year)

2. Gaming

3. Lighter

4. 4/5

5. No

6. Wireless

7. No

8. 3/5

9. 5/5

10. Semi-Gloss

11. 5/5

12. Not particularly.

13. Yes, but with an option to turn off.

14. Nope.

1 Logitech G203 Prodigy
2 Gaming & Media
3 Lighter
4 3.5
5 No
6 Wired
7 Yes
8 1
9 4.5

10 Matte
11 4
12 No
13 Yes (however i prefer static rather than RGB cycling)
14 After long-term use (several hours) palms become sweaty and make mouse usage uncomfortable