Molex to SATA cables bad? PSU

Baiter

So i recently upgraded my PC and decided to use my power supply from my old build. It’s a Corsair TX 750M. Forgetting that it’s only semi modular i realized I didn’t have enough SATA ports mostly for my RGB fans. So I was wondering are Molex to SATA cables viable? I’ve read some forms and posts about how using Molex to Sata can wipe ur memory and just being a bad experience. Just wondering if anyone here has done it or their experience. 

No problem, especially for fans. For actual drives an additional potential failure point where you could have a bad contact and have a drive disconnect while being used it's not exactly what you'd want.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

45 minutes ago, Baiter said:

So i recently upgraded my PC and decided to use my power supply from my old build. It’s a Corsair TX 750M. Forgetting that it’s only semi modular i realized I didn’t have enough SATA ports mostly for my RGB fans. So I was wondering are Molex to SATA cables viable? I’ve read some forms and posts about how using Molex to Sata can wipe ur memory and just being a bad experience. Just wondering if anyone here has done it or their experience. 

yes you should be fine as long as you don't get the extremely cheap cables from eBay etc

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

2 hours ago, Baiter said:

It’s a Corsair TX 750M. Forgetting that it’s only semi modular i realized I didn’t have enough SATA ports mostly for my RGB fans.

The TX750M should come with a total of 8 SATA connectors. That's not enough?

Another option is since your power supply is semi-modular you can buy additional SATA cables from Corsair. Probably won't cost any more than the cost of molex > SATA adapters.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-(700mm)/p/CP-8920116

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Probably won't cost any more than the cost of molex > SATA adapters.

and for the temperature and voltage drops so much better to do

+1

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

The TX750M should come with a total of 8 SATA connectors. That's not enough?

Another option is since your power supply is semi-modular you can buy additional SATA cables from Corsair. Probably won't cost any more than the cost of molex > SATA adapters.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-(700mm)/p/CP-8920116

I didn’t see any extra. I have the 80+ Bronze idk if that makes a difference. And thank you for the link