Asus x570 turn gaming + wifi motherboard please help

Vance44

I've done custom twice

But it gets me nowhere

Maybe I should have done the other one?

15775546800584645387064124920162.jpg

26 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

Not sure what to do now it will let me go back in and repeat the steps but I can't get it to boot into Windows...and I could not get it to detect any of the internet whether it was directly connected or wireless so that's partly why I was doing a fresh install do you think it's not going through because there's no internet?

It shouldn't cause any issues, I just recently did an install without internet and it went through on an X570 and Ryzen 3600 setup without issue.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Vance44 said:

I've done custom twice

But it gets me nowhere

Maybe I should have done the other one?

Try deleting all volumes?

Custom is what you want though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Try deleting all volumes?

Custom is what you want though.

Yeah that's what I've tried doing and I can't get it to work

I don't know what to do I don't have another computer or flash drive at this point if it won't boot the windows there's nothing I can do

The only thing I could do at this point is take it the best by and have them do it ??

Just now, Vance44 said:

Yeah that's what I've tried doing and I can't get it to work

I don't know what to do I don't have another computer or flash drive at this point if it won't boot the windows there's nothing I can do

Hmmmm, check on the BIOS options I mentioned earlier. It should be UEFI by default but just make sure :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Hmmmm, check on the BIOS options I mentioned earlier. It should be UEFI by default but just make sure :)

I think it was and that's the one I'm booting from otherwise it wouldn't allow me to even get into the installer?

It goes through installs everything and then it does an automatic restart from there it just won't boot back into Windows and if I take the flash drive out and go back into BIOS and try to boot from the original boot drive it won't do anything

I unplugged the SATA SSD so that when I do the installation I'm making sure it only installs to the m.2??... I cannot plug the other SSD back in and do it again and see if that works

15775552490688168144575220342657.jpg

Just now, Vance44 said:

I think it was and that's the one I'm booting from otherwise it wouldn't allow me to even get into the installer?

ok, hmmm

Just now, Vance44 said:

It goes through installs everything and then it does an automatic restart from there it just won't boot back into Windows and if I take the flash drive out and go back into BIOS and try to boot from the original boot drive it won't do anything

Does it sit on a black screen?

How long have you waited? Just making sure it's not a timing issue :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

ok, hmmm

Does it sit on a black screen?

How long have you waited? Just making sure it's not a timing issue :)

Oh a good three to five minutes or so it just sits in the first screen I showed you where it says computer restarted unexpectedly in an encountered in air Windows cannot proceed to install Windows click OK restart the computer then restart the installation

Just now, Vance44 said:

Oh a good three to five minutes or so it just sits in the first screen I showed you where it says computer restarted unexpectedly in an encountered in air Windows cannot proceed to install Windows click OK restart the computer then restart the installation

15775555194973397179705758555960.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

I unplugged the SATA SSD so that when I do the installation I'm making sure it only installs to the m.2??... I cannot plug the other SSD back in and do it again and see if that works

Hmmm, that was going to be my next question if you had any other drives and tried unplugging them to leave only the boot drive.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Hmmm, that was going to be my next question if you had any other drives and tried unplugging them to leave only the boot drive.

Yes I'm trying it again with both plugged in now

I shouldn't try to format them when I'm in there deleting the partition should I?

6 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

I shouldn't try to format them when I'm in there deleting the partition should I?

You can but if you delete all the partitions Windows will take care of the format later on.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You can but if you delete all the partitions Windows will take care of the format later on.

Well so far that's the only thing I haven't tried yet but it did seem to do a little more with both drives plugged in it acted like it might have started to boot up in Windows but then I just went back to the same error and screen

Just now, Vance44 said:

Well so far that's the only thing I haven't tried yet but it did seem to do a little more with both drives plugged in it acted like it might have started to boot up in Windows but then I just went back to the same error and screen

I checked what version of Windows I had before I started this flash drive I'm making sure that I'm picking the same version of Windows which is Windows 10 home

4 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

I checked what version of Windows I had before I started this flash drive I'm making sure that I'm picking the same version of Windows which is Windows 10 home

5 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

Dang, I'm leaning more towards a corrupt file or something within the installer causing this =/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Dang, I'm leaning more towards a corrupt file or something within the installer causing this =/

My only option at this point is to take it in and let geek squad do it

I don't know what else to do

Just now, Vance44 said:

My only option at this point is to take it in and let geek squad do it

I don't know what else to do

I would call them up and see if you can just have them make a bootable USB for you if you bring in a USB drive. Might be able to get them to do that for free :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I would call them up and see if you can just have them make a bootable USB for you if you bring in a USB drive. Might be able to get them to do that for free :)

well I'm pissed at myself right now because I should have just left everything alone deleted everything and just reinstalled everything lol

So I was going to jump on to the x570 bandwagon from x470 for the full speed NVme issues, but now I am thinking maybe not. The CPU power, needs 16 Pin?, does that cable even come with the PSU? On the x470 that I am using, it has 8 pin, cable has 8 pins, so no brainer... but if I was to jump to the x570, where do I get the fucking cable for the "16" pin?

1 minute ago, The_Geek said:

So I was going to jump on to the x570 bandwagon from x470 for the full speed NVme issues, but now I am thinking maybe not. The CPU power, needs 16 Pin?, does that cable even come with the PSU? On the x470 that I am using, it has 8 pin, cable has 8 pins, so no brainer... but if I was to jump to the x570, where do I get the fucking cable for the "16" pin?

16 pin?

You just need two sets of 4+4 pins and you only use one half or a 4 pin and a 4+4 pin

There are x470 boards that also have a 4pin + 8pin for CPU power

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

16 pin?

You just need two sets of 4+4 pins and you only use one half or a 4 pin and a 4+4 pin

There are x470 boards that also have a 4pin + 8pin for CPU power

In the first pic this OP put up, he has 4+4 and still has 4 empty. Someone here stared that if you have a CPU with more than 8 cores you need the other pins populated as well, i.e plugged in... and this dude has the 12 core CPU, so he should have all the 12 pins getting power.. right? Am I missing something?