Asus x570 turn gaming + wifi motherboard please help

Vance44
Just now, The_Geek said:

In the first pic this Op put up, he has 4+4 and still has 4+4 empty. Someone here stared that if you have a CPU with more than 8 cores you need the other pins populated as well, i.e plugged in... and this dude has the 12 core CPU, so he should have all the 16 pins getting power.. right? Am I missing something?

No, aside some crazy high end motherboards you won't find dual 4+4 CPUs for Ryzen or Intel. When you get into Threadripper, Epyc, etc. then you will start to see that due to power requirements of those large chips. Some of the X299 boards and most Xeon boards have it as well though.

OP plugged his 4+4 pin into the 4 pin and then half of the 8-pin CPU instead of all into the 8-pin CPU and leaving the 4 pin empty.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

But is it correct that he may need to power all the pins(12) for the 12 core CPU he is using?

1 minute ago, The_Geek said:

But is it correct that he may need to power all the pins(12) for the 12 core CPU he is using?

At this point, no, he's having issues with a bad windows installer unfortunately but if it was a power delivery problem then it would just randomly shut off or reboot, if he were pushing for crazy overclocks then I would say definitely but at stock or even a 4GHz overclock it's not needed. It can help but isn't mandatory unless you have bad power delivery on the single 8 pin.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

45 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

In the first pic this OP put up, he has 4+4 and still has 4 empty. Someone here stared that if you have a CPU with more than 8 cores you need the other pins populated as well, i.e plugged in... and this dude has the 12 core CPU, so he should have all the 12 pins getting power.. right? Am I missing something?

well so far I have not had any issues running it as is The only problem I'm having is getting a fresh install of Windows It's just not having it

@Vance44

I cannot assume your Tech level, so please let us know.

Putting a PC is not that hard these days unless you comeup to an issue that simply does not make sense... I have had some of those...

But in your case, lets see if these steps work:

1) Does the PC POST?

Yes /No

2) If it POSTs, did you do any modifications to the Bios, Overclocking etc?

Yes/No

3) If not, what kind of HD are you using? How many PCI devices do you have installed?

4) If it is Normal HD/SSD, make sure that you are not using PCIe shared slots

5) WHat happens when you try to load Windows? ( Are you using a Thumb drive or a DVD)?

6) Run a clean command when trying to load windows that will wipe the drive so that you can load windows. Google it

Read the manual twice, sometimes a MoBo may have a SATA/PCIE/USB share issue and there may be a switch/selector you need to toggle.

Let us know.